2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

This gymnastics events are brutal, all those years of training and 1 mistake ruins it all.

Anyone have a view on who is likely to take the overall lead in medals? China has a solid lead in golds over the US, but I'm not sure about the disciplines remaining.

Anyone have a view on who is likely to take the overall lead in medals? China has a solid lead in golds over the US, but I'm not sure about the disciplines remaining.

The US will get a few in the athletics.

I would love to see a breakdown on what percentage of the BBC1/2 coverage has been inane studio waffle. Yes, there are reasons but it feels like so often the momentum of the sport is halted with it.

Poor day for GB today, thought both Jarman& Whitlock had good shots at gold and now neither will end up close. The sailing one also ended up in bronze

Today is a little bit like Thursday and unless your name is China you will have quiet days in Olympics

Judo team final going to extra fight, division picked at random, picks Riner's. Couldn't make this up :lol:

This gymnastics events are brutal, all those years of training and 1 mistake ruins it all.

No different to many other sports. Swimming for example where the training regime really is brutal can be won on the touch of the pad just because a swimmer has a bit of a longer arm.

No different to many other sports. Swimming for example where the training regime really is brutal can be won on the touch of the pad just because a swimmer has a bit of a longer arm.
It can be won just by touching with a bit more force. See the 2008 100m butterfly. Phelps actually touched the plate after Cavic

True, but at least in Swimming you might have 1-8 lengths for example to get yourself into position to make that slightly longer arm less of a factor, and if you do lose you can still have done your best. Sports with a high level of technical skill required that are also very short events making near perfect runs essential are a different animal mentally.

Great run from Doyle to get into 1500m semi. Hoping Coscoran can join him, he is the national record holder

I was saying similar to my wife. I guess one misstep in a race can send you tumbling but it does feel cruel when the stakes are so high and the margins so thin as they are in gymnastics.