2024 Summer Olympics (Paris)

Oh my god the BBC don’t have full rights to show live Olympics… So yeah, you’ll only ever see team gb medal contention sports.

Those shower of cnuts Discovery+ have full rights.
I got Discovery by default as I had a subscription to BT sports when they got bought out. Finally it has a use.

I got Discovery by default as I had a subscription to BT sports when they got bought out. Finally it has a use.

I’ve just signed up for £6.99 because I want to watch Olympics.

Immediately hit with an ad break.

fecking AWFUL state of affairs.

Seriously considering splashing out £3.99 to get Discovery+ for a month. Can anyone tell me if their coverage is good enough to justify such expenditure??

Two cyclists just came off at the exact same bit in the pissing rain, in whatever event this is.

Edit: Yank has just fell for a second time.

Edit 2: Think she just went again.

Last edited:
Two cyclists just came off at the exact same bit in the pissing rain, in whatever event this is.

And now the American mechanic is stacking it...

Now got a puncture and mechanic fell over coming to her aid.

£4 for a month doesn't sound bad if the stream is hd and you can easily cancel, I don't want anything like a 12 month contract.

Roland garros feels different with the blue colours. Bit of a joke that Ebden got to play in singles, not his fault though

Oh my god the BBC don’t have full rights to show live Olympics… So yeah, you’ll only ever see team gb medal contention sports.

Those shower of cnuts Discovery+ have full rights.
Was it too expensive for bbc :lol:

As a cyclist I have to admit I have always disliked the aesthetics of time trial bikes.

The BBC are only allowed to show two streams at once, under the new agreement. So basically we are all a bit screwed.
Have been through all the eurosport channels too but it wasn't there either. Ended up watching handball

I genuinely wouldn’t mind if they had 24/7 inane studio chatter on BBC1, as long as they had two streams of actual live sport on the red button.
In the US, we have the Peacock app (on TV) that allows me to watch whatever sport I want without much nonsense.

Have been through all the eurosport channels too but it wasn't there either. Ended up watching handball
Highlights on BBC and Eurosport at the moment. Discovery+ had it on live on one of us feeds.

I expect BBC will have the final live.

By the way FAO anyone else who has Sky box/contract, I just discovered I get free access to the Discovery+ app as part of my deal. They have basically all the sports on simultaneously. Gonna spend the rest of the day watching non stop rugby 7s and field hockey. Wonderful.

By the way FAO anyone else who has Sky box/contract, I just discovered I get free access to the Discovery+ app as part of my deal. They have basically all the sports on simultaneously. Gonna spend the rest of the day watching non stop rugby 7s and field hockey. Wonderful.
I have been watching it through there.

I have been watching it through there.

It’s game changer for minority sports fans like me. I get to watch all the hockey I want (and will do the same with climbing) instead of watching the wall to wall boring shite like cycling and a million different swimming disciplines that’s clogging up the terrestrial channels.

Shame for Tarling that he got the puncture, he could still get bronze, but it's probably going to cost him silver judging by the timings so far

It’s game changer for minority sports fans like me. I get to watch all the hockey I want (and will do the same with climbing) instead of watching the wall to wall boring shite like cycling and a million different swimming disciplines that’s clogging up the terrestrial channels.
I am watching the men's time trials at the moment, but going to watch some rugby sevens soon.

Shirine Boukli Wins the first medal for the host nation.

The atmosphere at the France-Brazil is electric :)

I’m in France so without using a huge amount of data on my phone or jumping through all sorts of hoops trying to set up a VPN I’m stuck watching whatever the French channels are showing. Basketball at the minute is turning out pretty decent. It’s the Rugby 7s later I’m looking forward too though. Maybe a bit of the football and whatever else France may be involved in.

Tarling looks like he should be cycling to school, not competing in the Olympics. He is 20, his time will come, just bad luck today.

Good time trial overall, shame for Tarling with the mechanical but at least it didn't cost him the win "only" a medal (still shite). But his time will come.