Zidane watch

el3mel

Why would Isco stay? He doesnt really suit Zidane's attacking trident, and with Vinicius, Asensio, Vasquez and the likely arrival of Neymar or Hazard, Zidane has no reason to change formation and Isco will be spending most of his time on the bench.

Isco is most likely ending up in Citeh, where he will easily replace D. Silva.
I don't think their relationship is that broken. He still played in many big games and played well in this diamond formation. Unless he forces himself out, Zidane will end up keeping up.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Such an awkward press conference. They keep giving him quotes of what he said in the last press conference last season and asking him what's changed and he can't answer.

Says that the team needed a change and defends his decision to leave.

Then they ask him why he came back and he says it's because the president asked him to and he couldn't say no... why the feck did he leave last season then?

It's so blatantly obvious they're bullshitting.
The whole thing was about him not getting funds for transfer last season and he knew he couldn't get this current team to play well without major new signings. His appointment now guarantees they will spend big time in the summer.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Zidane left because he wanted an overhaul of the team. Perez realised Zidanes right. Now he is back. Watch Madrid, a team far superior than United sign 6+ players this summer. While United fans have started to believe this academy nonsense, whenever we are linkee to players they think what about chong, what about Laird and Gomes. People need to stop buying into the academy nonsense. Where is Bortwick Jackson, Mcnair, Blackett and Wilson. The CO92 was an anomaly. We shouldnt limit ourselves from signing top players because of youth. 100% guaranteed only 1 or 2 out of the current crop will make it as United players.
You ok hun?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
They want him to say why change didn't come but he won't.
I think there will be a section of Madrid fans geniunely upset of the way he left and the reasons he gave for leaving. I understand him not giving a 'I came back because they promised I'd spend 400 million in the summer' answer but this has been way too dishonest.

Suedesi

He's clearly came back because they plan to spend huge. Such a big rebuild, surprised he didn't wait for Bayern or Juve job. I wonder where they would be if they hadn't sacked him. The decline was coming, he should have returned in two or three years when half the squad will be trimmed. Such a rebuild needed, what do you even build it around? Varane, Vinicus Jnr, Asensio, maybe Isco and Carvajal. Some work to do, really wonder if United approached him for the permanent role when Jose was on the brink.
Juve/Bayern are in need of similar rebuilds.

pascell

Why are people laughing because Pochettino didn't get the job? He's done a fantastic job with Spurs and they're moving forward, I'm sure if he'd have wanted the job that badly, he'd have taken it when Zidane left.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I think there will be a section of Madrid fans geniunely upset of the way he left and the reasons he gave for leaving. I understand him not giving a 'I came back because they promised I'd spend 400 million in the summer' answer but this has been way too dishonest.
I asked that question to Carvajal and he wasn't bothered. None of the Real Madrid fans on the caf seem to be upset, I think that they understand how political the club is and why some actions need to be taken.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Yes,They asked him if he was in debt to the club and he said no, he left because was the best for the club.
Question: Why did you leave the club? Answer: Because I felt that the club needed it. I didn't want it, but the club needed it. I come back because the President called me, and as I love very much this club and this President and after 8 months I want to manage once again, here I am.

I mean, come on... the club needed it? Well, clearly they didn't. It's early March and the season is over. Did he actually think him leaving was the best for the club? They had no replacement and got Lopetegui in...

I asked that question to Carvajal and he wasn't bothered. None of the Real Madrid fans on the caf seem to be upset, I think that they understand how political the club is and why some actions need to be taken.
Tbf Madrid fans on the caf aren't a good representation of the Madrid fanbase in general imo. They're all too calm here. Everyone will obviously be delighted he's back but I don't think they should be happy with his explanations and the circumstances of it all.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
So consensus is he left as Perez wouldn't give cash for transfers last summer, and is back as Perez has now promised to spend big, maybe €300m+ on players this summer?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Question: Why did you leave the club? Answer: Because I felt that the club needed it. I didn't want it, but the club needed it. I come back because the President called me, and as I love very much this club and this President and after 8 months I want to manage once again, here I am.

I mean, come on... the club needed it? Well, clearly they didn't. It's early March and the season is over. Did he actually think him leaving was the best for the club? They had no replacement and got Lopetegui in...

Tbf Madrid fans on the caf aren't a good representation of the Madrid fanbase in general imo. They're all too calm here. Everyone will obviously be delighted he's back but I don't think they should be happy with his explanations and the circumstances of it all.
You are right that we are very calm here, but right now there was a lot of division. A majority who could not imagine Zidane a week ago and 25% who wanted Mourinho, and yes, they were very critical on twitter with everything about betrayal.
I would have felt more betrayed if he had gone to Juve next year without convincing explanations, or if he had stolen players, but after all, the team was in a compromised situation and he has returned.

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
They will have the sort of transfer window that we have needed for a decade.

I bet they literally rebuild the team into a top contender in one season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
That never works. You don't go back to your girlfriend/wife. I think that Zidane made a mistake

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
He literally didn't. I watched the press conference.

They asked him about Ronaldo returning too and he simply answered that everyone there knows what Ronaldo is but he was only concerned about ending the season well and then they'd see about signings.

Of course the football media somehow turned that answer into 'Zidane doesn't rule out Ronaldo return' :lol:

Journalism at its finest.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Interesting move. Zidane either gonna look like a genius who saw the decline coming with Ronaldo leaving etc or he's gonna look a complete idiot but with Perez i'm sure they'll be busy tapping up.

cheeky_backheel

I don't think their relationship is that broken. He still played in many big games and played well in this diamond formation. Unless he forces himself out, Zidane will end up keeping up.
Zidane would want to keep him, I just dont see Isco wanting to stay. Also the current squad lacks the depth to play the diamond

He has spent too much time on the bench since joining madrid, and I dont see him passing up an opportunity to join citeh.

Madrid would also be willing to sell t raise money for the needed overhaul.

Isco only stays if Madrid fails to sign a wide attacking option like Hazard

Suedesi

In many ways he has done well. He has stepped away. People have seen how bad they have been as he appears to have predicted without the money being pumped back in. Now he is back to save the day, this time more than likely with the money for the players he wants.
Indeed. He has lowered expectations, showed Perez the weaknesses of the team and gets total control of the club to create the squad he wants.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
I cannot wait to see most PL clubs bricking it when the transfer window opens :lol: They are going to wreck the market and for once i feel pretty safe, none of our players should interest them. I think Hazard is a given, Eriksen a strong possibility, Kane and Kante will probably be forced to stay at their clubs. They might reignite Icardi too.

I'm worried they might try to buy Pogba now. :nervous:
My view is if Madrid and Zidane do indeed show strong interest in luring Pogba to the Santiago Bernabeu the Frenchman would have to give it a serious consideration.
Madrid,with all their recent issues,are still more likely to win a major trophy than we are.
Plus if Madrid go all-out this summer and spend big money then they're likelier to attract a higher standard of player than we are.They're,alongside Barca,unmatched in that sense.

mu4c_20le

I can see De Gea leaving.

Top 4 is a must. The loss to Arsenal could turn out to be huge.
No better time to go for him.. yet to extend his contract and made a few high profile mistakes this season. Personally I wouldn't begrudge him for wanting a better shot at the CL while still in his prime years.

Cant see Pogba going anywhere until he at least wins the league with us. If Jose were still here he's a goner for sure though.

Dante

Average bang
No better time to go for him.. yet to extend his contract and made a few high profile mistakes this season. Personally I wouldn't begrudge him for wanting a better shot at the CL while still in his prime years.

Cant see Pogba going anywhere until he at least wins the league with us. If Jose were still here he's a goner for sure though.
Puts a different spin on the thread about swapping the PSG result for the Arsenal one.

We need to be a team that top players join in order to get a shot at the CL. Not a team that flukes its way to a quarter final then fails to qualify the next year.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Well the summer just became several times more interesting.

cyberman

I can see De Gea leaving.

Top 4 is a must. The loss to Arsenal could turn out to be huge.
To Madrid? They have Courtois and he isn't going anywhere.
They'll be using their funds elsewhere this summer, signing a keeper is like us signing a left winger.