Your Hometown Stadium

a9.jpg

New Meadow. 1 1/2 miles away from my house.

The%20Silverlands%20Panoramic%201.jpg

The%20Silverlands%20Panoramic%202.jpg

The Silverlands.

Home to Buxton FC in the Evo-Stik Northern Premier (same league as FC United). Current Derbyshire Senior Cup Holders.

These pics are from 2010. I grew up in Slough, and I used to frequent wexham park stadium as a lad when Slough Town were in the conference. This is the unused ground in ruins!

4527091432_16df33dbd1.jpg

4526463221_ab7b4ed5ce.jpg

4526461779_54f8188c96.jpg

4527093696_159d6c9d60.jpg

Back when it was in use.

s7.jpg

Damn, even the most lower rated clubs in England play on grass pitch, here only the four main divisions play on grass, the rest play on land fields.

Something might be lost in translation, but I don't understand what you mean by "land fields"

:lol: - I knew someone would have posted it before me. The bo-ehs!

And a great write-up on the local amenities.... although you forgot to mention the 1970s offie which still stock cans of Tennents with Linda Lusardi on the side...

Behold the splendour of Dalymount Park:

299.jpg

If the football isn't to your liking why not take a 20-second stroll around the corner to Phibsboro shopping centre/plaza? It's got it all: Eddie Rockets food emporium, Tesco, a newsagent. There's also a genuinely decent-sized pharmacy.

I'm talking about this type of playing field, in portuguese we called it Terra Batida, don't know the proper english name
campo_gandaras02.jpg

Sand/dirt by the look of it! Football is played on grass in England at all levels.
Our climate helps though!

That looks like a computer-generated image. Does it look like that in real life? Very impressive if it does, especially for the US.
It does look like that. I can't find a decent overhead shot that's not computer generated.

This is the best I've found of an actual picture but it was taken before the area north of the stadium was finished, so it's just dirt in the picture.
Dicks-RapidField.jpg