Your Hometown Stadium

Helder-Carvalho

This is the place to show the stadium(s) of your hometown.

In Guimarães there's only one stadium, Estádio Dom Afonso Henriques (First King of Portugal, told the spaniards to frack off in 1143, Guimarães was his birthplace and the first portuguese capital). The Stadium was built in 1964, but it was tottaly refurbished for Euro 2004. It has 30 000 seats.
guimaraes01.jpg

d.afonso.jpg

2276186_OMuzc.png

Estadio_D.Afonso_Henriques.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Altrinchams-Moss-Lane-gro-007.jpg

Moss Lane - home of Manchester United reserves

main.php

2012_0304Arbroath0045.JPG

Gayfield Park.. There is no other football stadium in Europe which is as close to the sea.

3174700101_72bacfc782_z.jpg

Pittodrie Stadium, home of Aberdeen FC.

The 1st stadium to have a dugout and the 1st all seater stadium in the UK.
And of course where Sir Alex made his trade.

AviOE.jpg

ZrEnY.jpg

6vnEa.jpg

n80ec.png

Widnes: Stobart Stadium. Rugby town but Everton Reserves play there as well as the Widnes Vikings. Opened in 1997, East Stand completed in 2005 making it a four stand all seater stadium. Capacity: 13,500.

In March this year a football team was formed called Widnes F.C., they applied to use the Stobart Stadium but Halton council said no.

Turners.cross.jpg

Turner's Cross Stadium, Cork City.

000365c2-642.jpg

Pairc Ui Chaoimh

Pride_Park_Stadium_-_geograph.org.uk_-_17310.jpg

84427360_b7ebcb2099.jpg

0,,~3058423,00.jpg

pride_park_derby_afl03_aerofilms_679689_3002789.jpg

Pride Park, home of Derby County. Built in 1997 and holds around 33,000, used to stage a few of the England Under 21 games.

The last picture is very old as the bottom of the photo is now a JJB, Subway and Frankie and Benny's and the rest is surrounded by offices.

2012_1_25_13_59.jpg

2012_1_25_13_59.jpg

38832_ori_the_cooperage_ground_mumbai.jpg

Yes this is the main football stadium in the biggest City in India- Mumbai.

The closest to where I live, and home of my local team, Pumas, The Estadio Olímpico Universitario. Home of the Olympics of 1968, and part of the UNAM, National Aunomous University of Mexico.

The building you see on the upper right is where the rector has his office, and where the main buildings of the campus are, (Ciudad Universitaria)
57798300_98b3e7b7c4.jpg

It has the shape of a volcano crater. Capacity: 68 000.
estadiocu.jpg

Where it all started

250933_net_6.jpg

Estadio_Centenario_by_NitramX.jpg

Estadio-Centenario.jpg

pearolbanderagigante33.jpg

118.jpg

Estadio Centenario, built in 6 months to host the 1930 World Cup (65,000 all-seater these days).

My parents house was so close I could hear the fans from home and tell you the final score, whether the ref had a bad game, etc.

I was also one of the thousands missing an entire game under that flag which celebrated Peñarol being recognised as the most successful South American club of the 20th Century by FIFA.

01Camillechamoun1.jpg

Camille Chamoun stadium, Beirut.

that would be mine too i guess. 52,000 spectators. been there many times, best match i saw there was Lebanon VS Iraq in the Asian cup 2000. i also watched the final between Japan and Saudi Arabia which Japan won.

Welcome to Eidsvoll Stadion, Råholt, Norway:

inngangsport.jpg

hovedbanen2.jpg

klubbhuset.jpg

Currently Eidsvold IF plays at the fifth level in the Norwegian league system. The "stadium" is kinda cozy and old school, probably largely unchanged since the 60s. The main building is partly host to the changing rooms, storage, meeting room, and a local dancing venue. I also think someone actually used to live there. From where the photos are taken there's a continuous single row of wooden benches which I guess would room around 100 people.

that would be mine too i guess. 52,000 spectators. been there many times, best match i saw there was Lebanon VS Iraq in the Asian cup 2000. i also watched the final between Japan and Saudi Arabia which Japan won.

Also for me (Lebanese running riot in this thread!). Seen a few games there in the past that I can barely remember but nothing as of late.

Behold the splendour of Dalymount Park:

299.jpg

If the football isn't to your liking why not take a 20-second stroll around the corner to Phibsboro shopping centre/plaza? It's got it all: Eddie Rockets food emporium, Tesco, a newsagent. There's also a genuinely decent-sized pharmacy.

TolkaPark.jpg

tolka%20park.jpg

741599081a3989117257b531099130l.jpg

scaled.php

Tolka Park in Drumcondra. Home to Shelbourne Football Club, but over the years its also been the home of Drumcondra, Home Farm, Shamrock Rovers and Dublin City. Has a capacity of about 6000 but you'll never see that many in it. Sadly, both Tolka Park and Dalymount are living on borrowed time.

Also for me (Lebanese running riot in this thread!). Seen a few games there in the past that I can barely remember but nothing as of late.

i only thought there were two of us here. i wish i could have been there for our match vs Korea, the atmosphere there is better than Old Trafford :smirk: (Until Political chants kick in that is).

main.php

Gayfield Park.. There is no other football stadium in Europe which is as close to the sea.

Sure there is. The team on the top of the Icelandic Premier Division has their pitch next to the sea. Kick the ball out for a throw in and it will probably go into the sea.

main.php

You live about half an hour away from me. I played on Gayfield at half time when I was like 12 in one of those penalty shoot out things.

There are a lot of "stadiums" in my hometown but this one, Valbjarnavöllur, is where my team Þróttur plays.
c0acce90dfb70ff098e8a0cee3a9395c.jpg

And it is right next to the biggest stadium in Iceland where the national team plays (you can see a bit of it to the left)
Laugardalsvöllur.JPG

900px-Pre-Game_Sydney_FC_2-0_Melbourne_Victory_Round_27_14.02.2010.JPG

First it was Sydney Football stadium.
Then it was Aussie Stadium.
Now it is Allianz Stadium :lol:

Home of the Sky Blues.

Amit posted pictures of my Hometown Stadium in Mumbai.

Stadium closest to where I live now:

124950560_small.jpg

Parc des Princes, home of Paris Saint Germain

3174700101_72bacfc782_z.jpg

Pittodrie Stadium, home of Aberdeen FC.

The 1st stadium to have a dugout and the 1st all seater stadium in the UK.
And of course where Sir Alex made his trade.

Same here. Struggle to get 7000 people in now.