Xavi - The manager

We have 0 control in any game. Nobody in the history of the game could control a game like him. As a manager he has been a bit hit and miss. Likes to promote youth. He's a big personality. I think we could do a lot worse. I'm absolutely sick to death of Ten Hag can't believe he's still here

Yeah he was a fantastic player, however my last management memory of him is losing to us in Europa League playoff two seasons ago. So can totally see where the hit and miss idea comes from.

No thanks. Just because Ten Hag didn't work out doesn't mean the formula was incorrect. Managers on the up is what we need.

I say this as a huge fan of Xavi the player; he would be a disaster.

He really should manage a mid table club and prove himself before taking another top job, he was totally out of his depth at Barca and it would be the same at United.

At Barca his football or "Xaviball" as we came to call it was in all honesty an abomination and it blows my mind a player so obsessed with possesion (to a fault at times) as a player served up that type of football. Then, you have the meltdowns on the sideline getting himself sent off, the constant excuses, whining and a lack of responsability blaming everyone else. There's a reason many Madrid fans celebrated when he did his u-turn.

The club being a mess is no excuse either, Flick came in and has largely the same players at his disposal, the difference is night and day.

He really should manage a mid table club and prove himself before taking another top job, he was totally out of his depth at Barca and it would be the same at United.

At Barca his football or "Xaviball" as we came to call it was in all honesty an abomination and it blows my mind a player so obsessed with possesion (to a fault at times) as a player served up that type of football. Then, you have the meltdowns on the sideline getting himself sent off, the constant excuses, whining and a lack of responsability blaming everyone else. There's a reason many Madrid fans celebrated when he did his u-turn.

The club being a mess is no excuse either, Flick came in and has largely the same players at his disposal, the difference is night and day.

You guys treated him really unfairly.

I demand Flick to be fired and Xavi to return. :)

This is often said, but i don't think it makes a difference, some managers just "got it", others don't.

Most of the better managers "had it" from the start, in some ways, i don't see Xavi ever becoming more than an average one.

I guess there are exceptions, but look at the greats, most of them made an impact immediately.

I think he would be better suited in a club that isn't Barcelona.

But I'm also not sure if Xavi has it to be an amazing manager.

To evaluate him you have to forget the caricature of a team's possession giving lateral passes for 90 minutes. The reality is not that.
He would require very technical profiles (you always complain that other teams show more technique and speed in attack) and I don't think that a little more of "mès que un club" theoretical part will do you any harm. Dominate with possession and always keep an eye on the academy.
He wouldn't be my first option but I don't think it's that bad, as long as you don't stagnate by keeping him if he doesn't win.

Xavi strikes me as another 'sideways' appointment.

The logic we would use to hire him is the same as when we hired EtH. Same goes for Iraola.

We do seem to be in the habit of exaggerating the prowess of every supposedly available manager.

Barca have moved on from Xavi already. Nobody else is keen. Seems a limited, uninspired choice with no enthusiasm available he'd significantly improve us.