Xavi - The manager

How is it possible that we seemingly met with every manager in Europe and still ended up with baldy continuing?

Maybe Ineos have their own little “Trust the Process”
I have Xavi voted as my next Utd manager once ETH gets the inevitable bullet

What makes you think that he is clueless?
The Barca fans basically forced him to quit not that long ago, and the ones I read said he basically had no idea tactically, made weird subs etc. He seems to have turned things around seeing as they won la liga, but I never got the vibe he was a top coach or anything.

The Barca fans basically forced him to quit not that long ago, and the ones I read said he basically had no idea tactically, made weird subs etc. He seems to have turned things around seeing as they won la liga, but I never got the vibe he was a top coach or anything.
It’s difficult to judge as he was asked to stay after saying he was leaving . He then got fired when he said he’d stay. That club is run worse than we’ve been over the years

What was Xavi's style of play as Barcelona manager?

Because obviously as a player we associate him with that possession-heavy tiki taka approach, which to my mind doesn't align with either our squad, our summer signings or the more transition-focused direction the PL as a whole seems to have shifted towards.

There is a fair distance between being clueless and not being a top coach. From the little I have seen, he definitely has ideas tactically though he isn't an ingame manager which is amusing since people have said the same thing about Zidane who is one of the best ingame managers of the last decade. Personally I don't know if he is a top coach, he hasn't coached for a long time and he joined Barcelona when they were an absolute mess, so the circumstances weren't ideal. The least I would say is that he seems to be at a good level and he is a massive whiner.

There is a fair distance between being clueless and not being a top coach. From the little I have seen, he definitely has ideas tactically though he isn't an ingame manager which is amusing since people have said the same thing about Zidane who is one of the best ingame managers of the last decade. Personally I don't know if he is a top coach, he hasn't coached for a long time and he joined Barcelona when they were an absolute mess, so the circumstances weren't ideal. The least I would say is that he seems to be at a good level and he is a massive whiner.
I still don’t think he’s the guy to tackle our dumpster fire. In La Liga if you have a bad season you finish 3rd. Over here you don’t make Europe altogether.

Suits xavi more than ten hag.

I don't know if it suits him more but the blueprint would be clearer. The backline and youngsters seem to fit but the older players wouldn't including Bruno.

I don't know if it suits him more but the blueprint would be clearer. The backline and youngsters seem to fit but the older players wouldn't including Bruno.
Yea, zirkzee, amad, and Mainoo especially.

He's a zealot and prone to the odd spectacular meltdown. I don't either of those things would do him any favours here.

Did well at Barcelona considering the total mess that the club was while he was coach. One of the few clubs where the scrutiny is as fierce as it is here as well.

No idea if he would work well here though; I'm past the point of guessing which manager would fit best at United now.

A manager with statue that the players will have to respect. Great at motivating players and from the school of Cruyff, probably the closest to the Ajax style that Ten Hag tried to implement here.

Spanish managers seem to be the trend in the premier league, get him in!

We have 0 control in any game. Nobody in the history of the game could control a game like him. As a manager he has been a bit hit and miss. Likes to promote youth. He's a big personality. I think we could do a lot worse. I'm absolutely sick to death of Ten Hag can't believe he's still here

Xavi "Max Allegri" Hernandez at United? Sure. The football makes you wanna rip out your eyers, but at least you're winning most weeks

Xavi "Max Allegri" Hernandez at United? Sure. The football makes you wanna rip out your eyers, but at least you're winning most weeks
It's an upgrade on the football makes you wanna rip out your eyers, but at least you're losing most weeks