Television X-men 97

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

8 episodes in now. I thought this would just be okay. Not as good as the original naturally, but a good amount of nostalgia mixed with alright storytelling would make it more than watchable.

Dead wrong. This series is fantastic, and as good if not better than the original run. Anyone else been watching it?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I'm waiting for it all to release. I've seen the original but don't remember all the stories. Would I need to refresh my brain first?

Spoony

The People's President
It's okay. That said most seem to love it. It's just not the Xmen I used to watch...it's probably not one for kids hence a different vibe, though.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'm waiting for it all to release. I've seen the original but don't remember all the stories. Would I need to refresh my brain first?
Only thing I watched from the original was the very last episode. It's sets up the series.

Other than that, as long as you remember characters and their back stories, I don't think you need to watch anything, really.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Only thing I watched from the original was the very last episode. It's sets up the series.

Other than that, as long as you remember characters and their back stories, I don't think you need to watch anything, really.
Thanks mate

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I don’t usually fall for nostalgia but this hooked me in deep. Episode 5 was so upsetting as Gambit was my fave X-Men character growing up.

Oldyella

Have watched the first 4 episodes and it's been very good, far better than I expected it to be. I didn't really watch the originals but did read the comics when younger so know what's going on and who's who.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
First episode was really cool, kinda jarring hearing the main kid from Final Fantasy 15 as Cyclops though :lol:

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I'm rewatching the original X-Men series first and then moving onto this afterwards.

Forgot how generous the art team was with Rogue's curves. :lol:
Take it all in, it's all woke now, no more curves /s

atkar83

I thought it was great. Does it end at 8 episodes or are there more coming? Surprisingly violent for a marvel 'cartoon'

Hamnat

It was far better than I thought when it was first announced. The writing is great. It has elevated from just a nostalgic continuation of a "kids show". It takes the best elements of Xmen the family interactions and dynamics of the team and brings it on screen. They cram a lot of different stories into these short form episodes and somehow it all mostly works.

Unlike the Foxmen live action almost all the characters are getting to shine and get storytime. This is the best version of Cyclops we have gotten outside of comics. Same with Rogue. If they take what works here into the actual MCU version of live action X men it is exactly what the MCU needs.

Reiver

Just binged the first 9 episodes.
Hat off to the creators, they've taken everything that was good about the original series and dialled it up to 11.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Finale out.

Overall? 10/10. A level above young justice and sits in the same tier and batman the animated series for me.

Hamnat

I mean wow. This was everything. Even my few criticisms of story were surpassed in the finale and the next season setups. If the MCU live action doesnt incorporate the feel of this show and the depth of writing and ties to the comics then it deserves to be over.
Only challenge for next season will be with writing this excellent getting rid of the main writer they have to get top tier writing talent again to keep up the level.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I mean wow. This was everything. Even my few criticisms of story were surpassed in the finale and the next season setups. If the MCU live action doesnt incorporate the feel of this show and the depth of writing and ties to the comics then it deserves to be over.
Only challenge for next season will be with writing this excellent getting rid of the main writer they have to get top tier writing talent again to keep up the level.
He's already written season 2, that story seems I be wrapped up as they were already having discussions about a season 3.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I'm not sure it's that good. I feel like they're trying to fit in way too much in too short a timeframe. But it's a welcome nostalgic trip for me who used to watch the original cartoons on a Saturday morning.

Oldyella

Finale out.

Overall? 10/10. A level above young justice and sits in the same tier and batman the animated series for me.
10 for me as well. Helps that it covered a lot of stories that were in comics I was buying when younger.

Hamnat

I mean yes they are fitting years worth of comic storylines into these short timeframes. But I am impressed with how they keep the feeling and characterizations for the most part along with the sharp dialogue to sell the changes and "remixes" of the comic story beats. I think when you compare it to the Foxmen movies which had such a huge lack of that connection, and characterization is where some of the high praise might be a tad overboard.

But, that aside being a longtime fan of the comics and characters I genuinely appreciate being able to recognize while watching it the comic storylines they are pulling from even if they are really condensed as they are. And see how well they are getting the theme of the story lines done so well on this platform.

When a lot of these movies run away from the decades of source material and what they come up with is not nearly as good as if they drew from what made the characters popular in the first place.