WSL 24/25 | Brighton v United - 12:30 on Sat 19 Oct

FT 1-1

Disappointing result given our domination in the first half. Their HT subs worked. We didn't really look like scoring in the second half until the last ten minutes. Ref didn't help (well she did, but she helped Brighton)

That situation outside the box just before our last chance was a stonewall freekick or penalty and the ref just stood there and did nothing :D

I did not check our bench, are we missing Galton, Geyse and Malard already after just 4 games?

That situation outside the box just before our last chance was a stonewall freekick or penalty and the ref just stood there and did nothing :D

I did not check our bench, are we missing Galton, Geyse and Malard already after just 4 games?
Geyse was "nearly" ready for today.

Malard and Rivière expected back for Arsenal or soon after.

Not sure what has happened to Leah Galton.

Is Skinner allergic to making subs before 70 minutes. Clear as day subs should have been made at least ten minutes earlier.

Not many will take points from Brighton this season so as disappointing as one point is I reckon it’s still one more point than Arsenal will get for example.

Is Skinner allergic to making subs before 70 minutes. Clear as day subs should have been made at least ten minutes earlier.

Not many will take points from Brighton this season so as disappointing as one point is I reckon it’s still one more point than Arsenal will get for example.

He very much is.

Geyse was "nearly" ready for today.

Malard and Rivière expected back for Arsenal or soon after.

Not sure what has happened to Leah Galton.

Thanks for the summary. I knew Malard and Geyse was missing but not the other two. And also Sandberg injured til late december or early january.

I hoped we could escape until the Arsenal game with full points despite missing 5 of our best players, but just came up short.

It partially explains why Skinner also did not make that many subs as the quality on the bench is lacking with all the injured players.

I still think Williams should have come on 15-20 minutes earlier. If he dont give Williams more than 5 minutes then I dont know why he has her in the squad.

IMO a fresh Williams is as good as a dead tired Terland from 70-75th minute and forward!

Last edited:
Brighton seems very strong this year, and 1-1 away isn’t bad in front of a big crowd. Disappointing when we have the lead, though. Doesn’t help that it was Nikita deflecting it in! Still, we’re on a very good and controlled start to the season. In fact the only player to score on us is a player we gave the opponents a few months ago :)

Brighton seems very strong this year, and 1-1 away isn’t bad in front of a big crowd. Disappointing when we have the lead, though. Doesn’t help that it was Nikita deflecting it in! Still, we’re on a very good and controlled start to the season. In fact the only player to score on us is a player we gave the opponents a few months ago :)

Yeah always feels disappointing when losing lead, just means we need to take something in those big 3 games now to keep pace.

I'm repeating myself here, but using only three subs when chasing a win is kind of weird. If Geyse was fit enough to be on the bench, I'm sure she was fit enough to play 15 minutes. Why not give Emma Watson an opportunity, what's the worst that can happen?

What's the point of having those young players in the squad if you're only going to use the experienced ones?

Last edited:
I'm repeating myself here, but using only three subs when chasing a win is kind of weird. If Geyse was fit enough to be on the bench, I'm sure she was fit enough to play 15 minutes. Why not give Emma Watson an opportunity, what's the worst that can happen?

What's the point of having those young players in the squad if you're only going to use the experienced ones?

As much as it's been nice to see our new players starting to look at home, the matches have also been a reminder that some things don't really change.

Losing ever presents like Zelem and Earps forced some changes. The in game issues are still there. Strong first half and some of the best we've played this season - it's a shame we didn't really get fully rewarded for it. But second half, their subs came on and changed the game - they looked energised and the equaliser was deserved.

Twenty minutes from them going ahead and us looking stale and static in reply until we used our first sub. And the subs themselves seemed inevitable, as if they had been decided in advance. It felt like the same story, different season.