WSL 2024/25 | match day 1 - 20/22 Sept | & WSL fantasy football league kickoff

For anyone interested in joining the WSL FF league - first transfer deadline is on Friday at 5pm

The matches advertised as on YouTube are on this channel:
https://youtube.com/@barclayswsl?

United v West Ham is also on MUTV

We still don't know how the YouTube channel is going to work for international viewers. Previously the FA player was free to view outside the UK except in countries where broadcast rights had been sold - but we don't know if that geolock (that mostly affects Scandinavian fans) still exists.

The WSL matches remain free to view in the UK on YouTube except for the Sky match.

We came top of at least one WSL league table last season.

In other news:

So I'm assuming that the Chelsea/Villa match won't be available in the US, South America, Caribbean on the free YouTube channel. Whether the non-broadcast matches (like United v West Ham on Saturday) will be geoblocked there as well I don't know.

I'll probably watch some here and there, almost certainly watch the arsenal - city game this weekend before the premer league matches.

Chelsea start the season with a 1-0 home win. They dominated play for long periods, particularly in the first half, but they never really dominated the chances. Villa pushed them right to the end and could have scored a couple of times. Needed a couple of good saves from Hampton to stop them.