WSL 2024/25 | Eidevall sacked/resigns at Arsenal

Chelsea are ruthless. Not sure if it can actually get more toxic around Arsenal but this result won’t help.
Eidevall talks a good game as a TV pundit but Arsenal fan patience is definitely running out with him as a manager.

Russo has got caught in the crossfire of course. She hasn't become the clinical striker of their dreams, she's still United's Russo - good all round player and capable of making chances for herself and other people. But clinical? Nope.

Eidevall talks a good game as a TV pundit but Arsenal fan patience is definitely running out with him as a manager.

Russo has got caught in the crossfire of course. She hasn't become the clinical striker of their dreams, she's still United's Russo - good all round player and capable of making chances for herself and other people. But clinical? Nope.

Yeah she’s been struggling.

Eidevall hasn’t done himself any favours by the way he’s conducted himself. The ”row” between him and Miedema was the tipping point for many, rightly so.

Ramirez is a real target player of a centre forward. I wouldn't be surprised to see them both in some matches, maybe with Kerr going wider.

That said, after an ACL injury at 31, Chelsea won't want to rush Sam Kerr back. I'd be surprised if she starts many matches this season.

Painful defending by Arsenal there. This could get rough.

She won’t be rushed back, but Kerr is a superstar, so I wondered if she would get the superstar treatment, and just get parachuted back into the lineup. Ramírez and Kerr do compliment each other skillset wise though, so a front two could work.

That is a great solo goal. I was just about to say Arsenal have played pretty well here and getting into dangerous areas again and again.

Thats piss poor by Bronze though. I’m still not having that she’s better than Perriset.

Great work from Foord. Arsenal have shown signs of life in last few minutes after a poor start.

Ramirez starting this half the way she started the first. People sometimes talk as if it's just about her physical impact as if that's all it is, but she's got skill as well.

Ramirez starting this half the way she started the first. People sometimes talk as if it's just about her physical impact as if that's all it is, but she's got skill as well.

Yeap, a very well-rounded & versatile forward.

It actually annoys me the way commentators keep droning on and on and on about her strength. Shes quick, she’s skillful, she’s inventive, she’s creative etc. You’d think she was a lump of a player whose only quality was shoulder barging players off the ball, the way they’re talking about her.

Need to get Reiten and Kaneryd more involved. Neither offering enough, especially Reiten.

Blackstenius makes me nervous. She feels like a much bigger threat than Russo.

Much more even game in this half. Chelsea have lost their rhythm and their defence are looking pretty disorganised at the moment. Last five minutes of normal time and Chelsea still lead 2-1

Chelsea win 2-1. Poor start to the match from Arsenal, second half was much better. Got close to an equaliser several times but couldn't get there.

Chelsea won't be pleased about their defending in that second half - they were all over the place. Maybe it's just a matter of them needing time to gell. It didn't help that they struggled to keep the ball when they did get it back either. They're not there yet as the team that Bompastor wants but they haven't forgotten how to win.

City starting slow against Liverpool at Anfield today or maybe Liverpool started faster than they expected. City have dominated possession but without really getting any great advantage from it. Both teams have come close but it's still goalless after 35 minutes and Liverpool are defending deep. All the signs say City will score at some point though.

United beat Spurs 3-0 in the earlier game. I'm sure Spurs have no idea how it happened as they were all over us for long periods of the first half but couldn't score. Terland got her first United goals right at the end of the first half. First goal was a beaut and her second wasn't bad at all.

Olivia Smith puts Liverpool 1-0 up against City. Lovely goal but she's gone down injured and I'm not sure we're what happened or how serious it is.

Sure enough Khadija Shaw gets the equaliser and then gets a second in injury time at the end of the match to give City a 2-1 win. You can defend deep against City and keep them out for a long time but it's hard to do it for 90 minutes plus.

That's the fourth time Liverpool women have played at Anfield but they still haven't won there.

Wondering if Casey Stoney could be Arsenal’s new manager? Seems to have relocated to England and has been watching some WSL matches in the stands lately. Arsenal vs Chelsea the most recent one.

Last edited:
Wondering if Casey Stoney could be Arsenal’s new manager? Seems to have relocated to England and has been watching some WSL matches in the stands lately. Arsenal vs Chelsea the most recent one.
Her first match could be Vs us at LSV !

Not a surprise to see him go. He's been under fire for a while now.

Arsenal renewed his contract when they got knocked out in the CL qualifiers last year. He hasn't really rewarded that leap of faith. They're traditionally the biggest club in the English women's game. They remain one of the big spenders and they currently get the biggest crowds.

This isn't just about a poor start to the season - though it has been poor. It's also about the fights he chose - like letting Miedema go to City and an aura of suspicion about his people management style.

Her first match could be Vs us at LSV !
That was my first thought as well.

It won't be a surprise if Casey does go there, she's an ex-Arsenal player. She knows she'll be pushing at an open door when it comes to investment decisions etc.

That said on the list of wild cards for the job, I've also seen Martin Ho get mentioned. Which might just show how paranoid United fans are about these things :lol:

Saw a video earlier mentioning that a piece of graffiti appeared in recent days that read "Jonas Out" in large lettering. No doubt a lot of you will have seen that on social media etc.

Shows how far women's football has come in a way. At one time you'd have only got that for men's teams, not I'm condoning graffiti.

It's this, he normally makes videos of the Football Manager game and has branched out in to talking about other football-related topics in recent times. Lucky for him because the next edition of the game has been seriously delayed.

I don’t get the joke.
For me there's a bit of amusement because Arsenal women represented tradition in women's football. That also gave them a vague sense of superiority over all these newbies - like City and even Chelsea. Not just as a team or a club but also in terms of terms of defining fan etiquette.

They found United rather uncouth - we booed opposition players, we made fun of referees, we had a song catalog that stopped just short of the actual sweary versions that we sing at the men's games, but which everyone knew. In general they felt that we were not proper women's football supporters, we were United fans.

When United fans starting waving Skinner out banners at matches or online they felt we were ignoring our status as a crap team of also rans and that we were behaving embarrassingly like the fans of the men's game.

The funny thing or perhaps the inevitable thing was that as Arsenal started attracted bigger crowds - it turned out their newbies were just as unlikely to believe that the manager is always right. In the end even those who were previously loyal to the manager and the club caught the bug and they started complaining too.

From disappointed, via frustrated to actually fed up and willing to admit to it publicly. I like to think United played its part in bursting their bubble of footballing purity :devil:

I kind of admire the Arsenal fanbase for a) ambition and b) hounding out a manager who’s behaviour has been questionable at best.

Of course there’s always a fine line between supporting your team & staff vs acting entitled in being vocal about wanting a manager out.