With Yoro secured, who would be your preferred choice as the additional CB?

Assuming Yoro is secured, who would be your preferred choice as the additional CB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it makes sense to forget the Brantwaithe transfer for this year, even if he has another solid season (which ultimately will be limited by the team's level) the asking price couldn't really get any higher than it currently is. It also allows time to see if he's the real deal and if Everton don't do so well, could weaken their ability to keep hold of him.

So I'd say we should go for De Ligt if the price is palatable.

None, get a good left back (Kerkez/Gutierrez) and only then try and get another CB if we can sell Lindelof and/or Maguire. Failing that Shaw can be backup LCB.

De Ligt for me. Fits well with how we want to play. Not to mention loads of experience and good leadership qualities. He also would be a good mentor for Yoro considering he also move to a big club in his teens.

I can see the desire for a reliable starter LB, but considering the external factors, available talent vs fee demands and PSR etc, I would rather get another foundational central defender and use Licha as injury cover, and look to improve in January or preferably next summer. If Branthwaite's fee stays the same, I'd pick De Ligt.

UEFA cheated us off Todibo otherwise getting him alongside Yoro would have improved our squad considerably and been good on the pocket. Alas, my preferred choice would be De Ligt and now that we have got Yoro, we can play the wait-and-watch game to see whether Bayern reduce his price

Branthwaite would give us cover for DCL, DCR and DL and would probably accept rotation more than De Ligt.

However De Ligt seems more attainable.

A cheap Branthwaite alternative would be Strahinja Pavlovic. They share similar traits, bar the weak foot. Also very strong in the air, great in duels, physically strong, fast for his height, can pass a ball, good age. Can even play LB. Milan is negotiating currently for a €20m deal. We should hijack that.

If we can somehow sell Maguire and Lindelof, we could have:
RCB: Yoro, De Ligt, Evans
LCB: Licha, Pavlovic, Shaw

We've currently got 5 centre backs

Martinez
Yoro
Maguire
Lindelof
Evans

We now need to sell 2 if we were to bring another in. Like others have said, I'd prefer if we signed a starting LB then Shaw could deputise as LCB.
I would agree that ideally we would sell Maquire and Lindelof, but bear in mind Evans is only on a 1 year contract, I think Lindelof is in his last year too? if De Light is available now for a good price and that is the player we have identified, then go for him now, next year the options could be worse/more expensive, I can easily see Maquire being difficult to shift, Lindelof less so

A left back and a RCB would be perfect and dropping Maguire and Lindelof.

New LB
Shaw
Malacia
Amas

Martinez
Shaw
Evans

De Ligt
Yoro
Academy CB?

Dalot
AWB