Whoever is shouting "Shoot" in the stadium...

Lentwood

can you please f#@%ing stop it!

These morons don't need any excuse to make a terrible decision, they're quite capable of that on their own.

The number of times Bruno, Rashford and Garnacho shoot when literally anything else is a better option makes me want to claw out my own eyes.

What are the lads and lasses in the stadium seeing that I am not? The absolute last thing I want any of these lot doing is shooting from distance. Long range (true long range) shooting is basically redundant in the modern game now anyway. What are you hoping for when you mindlessly bellow "shooooot" every time we pick up the ball in the opposition half?

The one at the end...ball bouncing to that notoriously prolific goalscorer Manual Ugarte at about hip height and 35y from goal...."shoooooooot" ...f£%k off, please!

These morons don't need any excuse to make a terrible decision, they're quite capable of that on their own.

The number of times Bruno, Rashford and Garnacho shoot when literally anything else is a better option makes me want to claw out my own eyes.

The one at the end...ball bouncing to that notoriously prolific goalscorer Manual Ugarte at about hip height and 35y from goal...."shoooooooot" ...f£%k off, please!

Do you honestly think they’re listening to the crowd for advice?

Do you honestly think they’re listening to the crowd for advice?
Yes, I see the cogs whirring in their tiny brains and the "shooooooot" from the crowd often gives them just enough encouragement to decide to go for it.

Also, this post is pure frustration and semi tongue in cheek.

No I don't not believe our problem is the crowd shouting things.

Our problem is the manager. That much should be obvious.

Sometimes I'd rather see us shoot than mindlessly pass it around ineffectively and looking creatively bankrupt. Eriksen smacked one in, if anything we don't shoot enough.

Yes, I see the cogs whirring in their tiny brains and the "shooooooot" from the crowd often gives them just enough encouragement to decide to go for it.

Also, this post is pure frustration and semi tongue in cheek.

No I don't not believe our problem is the crowd shouting things.

Our problem is the manager. That much should be obvious.

If they were shouting shoot Ten Hag I’d be right behind them.

Sometimes I'd rather see us shoot than mindlessly pass it around ineffectively and looking creatively bankrupt. Eriksen smacked one in, if anything we don't shoot enough.
Eriksen shot from inside the area...that's fine.

But the irony is, you're right.

We somehow conspire NOT to manage to shoot when given the opportunity in the box, but you give the same player the option to shoot on the half-volley from the corner-flag and they'll take that 0.00001% shot on every time

I get that this is a bit of a joke but i have wondered for a long time. Why does the Old Trafford crowd start shouting 'shooooooot' the moment the ball gets into the opposition half?

A left over from the period when we had players like Scholes, Beckham and Ronaldo? Players who could actually shoot and played in an era where long distance shots was a thing? It can indeed be Ugarte or even Maguire with the ball and the crowd is still shouting for the player to take a shot :lol:

It's definitely one of my pet hates to be fair. Morons in the stands telling professional footballers when to shoot, mental. The only time it's acceptable is when you're 5-0 up and your centreback has it beyond halfway.

I get that this is a bit of a joke but i have wondered for a long time. Why does the Old Trafford crowd start shouting 'shooooooot' the moment the ball gets into the opposition half?

A left over from the period when we had players like Scholes, Beckham and Ronaldo? Players who could actually shoot and played in an era where long distance shots was a thing? It can indeed be Ugarte or even Maguire with the ball and the crowd is still shouting for the player to take a shot :lol:
A lot of it stems from frustration at not seeing any action at their end of the pitch for the majority of the half. Sometimes fans feel like the players are letting the game pass them by and want them to take more risks. I certainly felt like that against Palace on Saturday.

Eriksen shot from inside the area...that's fine.

But the irony is, you're right.

We somehow conspire NOT to manage to shoot when given the opportunity in the box, but you give the same player the option to shoot on the half-volley from the corner-flag and they'll take that 0.00001% shot on every time
It's actually mad that pretty much all the forward players for one of the biggest clubs seem to pick the wrong option 99% of the time.

What are the lads and lasses in the stadium seeing that I am not? The absolute last thing I want any of these lot doing is shooting from distance. Long range (true long range) shooting is basically redundant in the modern game now anyway. What are you hoping for when you mindlessly bellow "shooooot" every time we pick up the ball in the opposition half?

I'm telling you right now, absolutely nobody was shouting "shoot" then.

Definitely not in ear shot of me anyway.

:lol:

Yes they clearly take what the person in a stand says and does exactly as they are told

It's definitely one of my pet hates to be fair. Morons in the stands telling professional footballers when to shoot, mental. The only time it's acceptable is when you're 5-0 up and your centreback has it beyond halfway.
I mean as opposed to morons on the internet (myself included) giving opinions and thinking we know better than paid staff and professionals.

I don’t have an issue with both, as long as it doesn’t stem to toxic abuse. Shouting shoot is just a bit of fun at the stadium.

Who do we need to pick this up with, just the people from yesterday or the thousands who have been doing it every game since the inception of the club?

Who do we need to pick this up with, just the people from yesterday or the thousands who have been doing it every game since the inception of the club?
I'd like the people who shouted "shoot" when the ball bounced to Ugarte in the 92nd minute to own up so we can publicly shame them / ban them on here / have them banned from OT

Haha...there's always one. Regardless of country, regardless of level, regardless of sport even (the last time I went to a hockey (ice) match, there was an old dude two rows below me who spent the entirety of the match shouting "shoooooooot!!!" whenever the home team had the puck).

In short, it's a tradition of sorts. If there ain't a fecker somewhere in the crowd yelling "shoooooot!!!", it ain't a proper game.

True story: I watched a couple of my nephew's games (he's 11) last time I went to visit my sister...and sure enough: there was an old fecker there who kept yelling "shoooooot!!!" whenever someone carrying the ball was over the half-way line.

You don’t want to score goals and win games? Really stupid and unnecessarily negative post.

Haha...there's always one. Regardless of country, regardless of level, regardless of sport even (the last time I went to a hockey (ice) match, there was an old dude two rows below me who spent the entirety of the match shouting "shoooooooot!!!" whenever the home team had the puck).

In short, it's a tradition of sorts. If there ain't a fecker somewhere in the crowd yelling "shoooooot!!!", it ain't a proper game.

True story: I watched a couple of my nephew's games (he's 11) last time I went to visit my sister...and sure enough: there was an old fecker there who kept yelling "shoooooot!!!" whenever someone carrying the ball was over the half-way line.
Great stuff :lol:

Another great one you hear from time to time is "use your pace"

I always liked the idea that a player had forgotten they were quick and a helpful reminder from a fan was all they needed to turn on the afterburners and breeze past the opposition full back

Great stuff :lol:

Another great one you hear from time to time is "use your pace"

I always liked the idea that a player had forgotten they were quick and a helpful reminder from a fan was all they needed to turn on the afterburners and breeze past the opposition full back

And...no matter how absolutely brutal and obvious a challenge is, you'll hear some (frequently geriatric) nutter scream: "Get up, you [insert inappropriate insult]! That was nothing!"

The opposition player might be literally killed by a sniper - and that guy will go: "Get up, he barely touched ya!"

Been doing that Arsenal of old thing a bit too much lately. Lots of passing when you could shoot. Not such a bad idea.

TBF to OP you can use the loudness of both the 'shooot' and the 'ooooooh dodgy keeper' shouts as a 1 to 1 guide for how small the club is. The smaller the club, the bigger the percentage of people doing it.