Which football team would you invest in or buy if you were rich?

I'd only ever buy United.

Build a massive Mosque in one of the car parks.
Only allow Halal Stalls
Ban alcohol within my ownership lands
No hamburgers
Only Shariah-compliant companies' sponsorships
No LGBT fans allowed
Only circumcised fans allowed
All women are to be covered head to toe to gain entry
Hands chopped off for any staff stealing cones from Carrington

What can possibly go wrong?
I'd only ever buy United.

Build a massive Mosque in one of the car parks.
Only allow Halal Stalls
Ban alcohol within my ownership lands
No hamburgers
Only Shariah-compliant companies' sponsorships
No LGBT fans allowed
Only circumcised fans allowed
All women are to be covered head to toe to gain entry
Hands chopped off for any staff stealing cones from Carrington

What can possibly go wrong?

Would i be able to pay my Jizya while buying the ticket? Like a 2 in 1 combo?

Sunderland have a massive and fanatical fanbase albeit quite local to the area and an excellent stadium and training facility. With a Newcastle style injection of cash they could be interesting. The biggest problem I see if I bought them though is that I might actually have to go there occasionally :nervous:

Sheffield Wednesday is another one I have a soft spot for since cheering them on in those 2 Cup Finals against Arsenal in one season the mid 90s, huge potential fanbase there too.

Victor San Marino - Simply cause I won the CL in FM with them a decade ago.

Outside of that I've been living in Ireland so long I'd go for one of their side, Galway United.

Clitheroe FC. I’ve been to a few games in the past and it was a nice day out.

From the English football league, maybe a team like Carlisle United.

I wouldn’t buy a team at Championship level or above, including Blackburn.

I'd buy MK Dons move the club to Belfast and have Linfield absorb them and be called Linfield. Then in a few years linfield will dominate English football just as they do in the Irish League :drool:

Stevenage for me.

Good setup, plenty of scope to expand the ground, youth setup is pretty decent, large catchment area, and the board room is like going back in time to the 60s.

Oh god none.

Can't remember who said it but "How do you make a small fortune as a football owner? Start out with a big fortune."

The only way to make any money is to be a complete vulture a la our proud and glorious owners. If I was rich enough to buy a club I'd hope I wouldn't feel the need to do that.

I first I thought Charlton. But who wants another London club. Then from the "big" ones, Birmingham, Ipswich and Bolton. Coventry too but I think now Mike Ashley has taken their stadium and you dont want to mess with him. Then Bradford seems big enough city to have a big club.

Id build a club from the ground up. All through the level 7 or so to the Prem league. But only if I was a super billionaire. I couldn't wait 20-30 years to build slowly. Id be aiming for 10 years to get Champions league spot.

I'll buy United. Be a regular at the Caf and just listen to the numerous experts around here. Easy peasy!

Is she included in the deal? :drool:

Anwyay, Dulwich Hamlet for me. Already have a great fanbase, some of the biggest crowds in the National League.

Stadium would be a big issue in expansion. Champion Hill is boxed in and has a complicated ownership and there isn't really much spare land locally to put a football stadium without the fans going spare they're moving out of Dulwich.

The non-league team in that south-east London area with the best chance of growing is probably Bromley. They have a lot of space around the stadium (council owned I believe) and are situated in a area that is easily accessible from both London but also most of Kent.