Music What's the most-expensive vinyl record (or CD) you've bought for your collection?

That was pretty much at the time I stopped listening to hip hop, and went over to hardcore. But the sound from back then is (obviously) better than the HH of now. Although to be fair, the stuff we bought was based off the Explicit logo :lol::lol:

Is that uh...Phil Ivey on the cover?

Missed this the first time around. Can’t believe it sells for so little nowadays!

I know, right! Must be how popular digital copies have become and the fact most people into EDM now probably don't know a lot of this gems from the 90s

Random bump.

I've never listened to vinyl before. Thinking of investing in a player and starting a bit of a hobby. Is the quality really upgraded from streaming from Spotify? I have a decent set of speakers.

I used to work with a guy who had borderline mental illness (i.e fecking nuts) he had a huge collection of vinyl records worth tens of thousands apparently (he had it to the exact pence) and we were doing a project in Paris and he was slated to go. He refused as he was concerned that "the local drug dealers" would find out about his vinyl collection and break in while he was away. He refused to go until he had taken precautions. These precautions included a new front and back Rock Door (basiclly a super strong front and back door), metal bars over all his windows, front, back and upstairs/downstairs and 2 built in safes set into concrete in his garage floor, both of which were "dummy safes" and empty to "throw them off the scent".

I’ve got all / most of the Beatles’ albums on vinyl from the original years they were released, all in mint condition and with the posters included in the Magic Mystery Tour and White Album.

I didn’t buy them, they were given to me by an old guy who used to chat to me about music and guitars etc.

I’ve often wondered how much they’re worth, and whether that value will increase notably over time.

I’ve got all / most of the Beatles’ albums on vinyl from the original years they were released, all in mint condition and with the posters included in the Magic Mystery Tour and White Album.

I didn’t buy them, they were given to me by an old guy who used to chat to me about music and guitars etc.

I’ve often wondered how much they’re worth, and whether that value will increase notably over time.

I think you can easily evaluate the white album by the code number and check how much it goes around that number. Also check if it's mono or stereo. You maybe lucky and have something like 000050!

I used to work with a guy who had borderline mental illness (i.e fecking nuts) he had a huge collection of vinyl records worth tens of thousands apparently (he had it to the exact pence) and we were doing a project in Paris and he was slated to go. He refused as he was concerned that "the local drug dealers" would find out about his vinyl collection and break in while he was away. He refused to go until he had taken precautions. These precautions included a new front and back Rock Door (basiclly a super strong front and back door), metal bars over all his windows, front, back and upstairs/downstairs and 2 built in safes set into concrete in his garage floor, both of which were "dummy safes" and empty to "throw them off the scent".

Jeez, has he ever actually tried carrying more than a few records at once? They'd have to reverse a truck in :lol:

I've got around 1,100 LPs/12"s and I moved house five times in seven years. The records were the absolute biggest PITA to move out of everything