What will our playing style (“game model”) be under INEOS?

Yep. The legend.
I met Ricky Tomlinson once. What a character, he's even funnier in real life than on screen. I was taking a cycle speedway team training session, which he was watching, after filming a TV documentary at our site. Afterwards, in the bar, he borrowed my daughter's pink mobile and gave my lad a full on Mike Bassett style rant for missing training, as he was working!

Whatever the ‘game model’ was vs Citeh in the cup final will do just fine

Happy with us using our strengths on the transition in a lot of games, but half the time we will also play against a low block too which has been an achilles heel of ours for years, so we need to sort out a plan there too.

If I'm understanding it correctly I think the bolded part is a bit harsh. Berrada and Ashworth come with a lot of experience and knowledge. But they haven't even been in place a month yet. Wilcox I know less about but apparently he was behind the city youth team playing a certain way, so we'll see.

I'm more confused about them keeping Ten Hag rather than getting their own manager if they want to set a "clear way of playing" from the off. I can only imagine the manager(s) they wanted weren't available yet.

If the new people will bring success and a playing style we all want, it remains to be seen.
Keeping ETH is a massive mistake in my opinion, but it may be that the manager they wanted was not available, that is a valid point.

The concept seems ridiculous to be honest. A coach would/should decide how to play based on who he has available, who the opposition is, what the occasion is, what result we need and adjust these things accordingly and constantly throughout a match and season.

What if we stumble across a set-up/system/style of play that works mid-season? Do we abandon it unless it's "Ineos approved".

It's decending very much into thinking the game is actually just like playing Football Manager on 'commentary only' mode

The concept seems ridiculous to be honest. A coach would/should decide how to play based on who he has available, who the opposition is, what the occasion is, what result we need and adjust these things accordingly and constantly throughout a match and season.

What if we stumble across a set-up/system/style of play that works mid-season? Do we abandon it unless it's "Ineos approved".

It's decending very much into thinking the game is actually just like playing Football Manager on 'commentary only' mode
Ajax will never play a style of football like Mourinho plays; they only hire coaches that play attacking football and the whole club plays the same top to bottom.

That is where MU want to go.

Possession for the sake of possession itself is meaningless and unproductive
Well the other team can’t score while you have possession so in terms of not conceding it is quite productive. Yes it was boring sideways possession but I always thought we might be a couple of creative players away from turning that into forward passing.

I keep hearing this but did anyone think the changes in top level management would change the team within about 3 games? It was always going to take years.
We’ve had a whole pre season and there has been no evidence of a game model being implemented in the first team squad. There should be some evidence after game 1.

Anything but fecking counter attack/quick transitions and absolutely no control whatsoever. Jose, Ole and now EtH- good god! can we actually play football in midfield for once.

Clueless is signing this clown manager to an extension after the worst EPL performance in United history. They've also absolutely bottled the transfer window.
They're not worse than the Glazers. That's one of the most knee jerk responses I've seen on the forum.

We have fantastic squad, Liverpool have 6 or so years coaching with Klopp and only added 2 players non who featured today.

They are a klopp side still.

United have a great squad, they need coaching and a game model, so let's see how this pans out over this season.

We need a solid press, quick turn overs and stellar defensive record this year.

You're absolutely clueless
Sample is small but at this point I too feel we are worse off. They had a great opportunity to reset but chose to stick with a manager who has been handed beating after beating. A decisive board would have sacked Ten Hag and put someone in place in which they believed would turn this shit we are in around. They had time enough to think about given the lenght of the takeover.

I am not sure if it’s a poor execution of the game model or it is a poor game model. In fact, I don’t see much of a difference in what we saw last year vs what we are saying today. Which, in fairness would be acceptable since it takes time to get ideas on paper onto the pitch. However, what has me worried is that the new signings seem to be supporting last year’s game model rather than a new direction. We have not gone for a midfield orchestrator, which I feel was one of the most requirements for the team.

We have fantastic squad, Liverpool have 6 or so years coaching with Klopp and only added 2 players non who featured today.

They are a klopp side still.

United have a great squad, they need coaching and a game model, so let's see how this pans out over this season.

We need a solid press, quick turn overs and stellar defensive record this year.

If they’re a Klopp side still surely that would have been the same situation when Fergie retired? We were a shit show under Moyes.

You have to give credit to Slot. He’s come in, not messed about with the team and got them looking defensively tighter. Whether that will last all season time will tell.

Compared to our manager, no matter who we sign we look no better defensively or in attack. Complete mess and cannot wait for him to be sacked. Problem is we have created an Ajax team that will need selling.

INEOS didn’t walk in and back ETH, they clearly wanted rid in the summer but it fell through for whatever reason.

I don’t believe for one second he represents what they want to do long term or their game model. He is a place holder whilst they sort out what they want to do and it won’t be until we get a new manage that we’ll see real changes.

We’ve just got to suffer ETH’s terrible tactics until he is inevitably sacked.

Interesting what they do now, and if they'll really back Ten Hag (apparently big chunk of the Caf actually believed they wanted to stick with him despite speaking to other managers), or be sensible and end this agony.

If they’re a Klopp side still surely that would have been the same situation when Fergie retired? We were a shit show under Moyes.

You have to give credit to Slot. He’s come in, not messed about with the team and got them looking defensively tighter. Whether that will last all season time will tell.

Compared to our manager, no matter who we sign we look no better defensively or in attack. Complete mess and cannot wait for him to be sacked. Problem is we have created an Ajax team that will need selling.

Slot has continued with the same mantra though, Moyes tried to change too much.

This is the original thread because I am way ahead of the curve and you should all respect me, you fecks.