West Ham United vs Manchester United

London Stadium

Kick-off
Sun, 27 October 2024 @ 2:00pm GMT
Status

Not Yet Started

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Lucky McLuckerson

The saviour of our season (ask Maradona10)
    0pa9cn7.png
    .....................VS.......................
    oVgxfU7.png

Date: Sunday, October 27 2024

Kickoff Time: 1400 Hrs GMT
    Venue: London Stadium, London

mXxGDw8.jpeg

League Form Guide

12. Manchester United: WDLDW
    15. West Ham: DLDWL

Previous League Meetings

Manchester United 3—0 West Ham

West Ham 2—0 Manchester United

West Ham 1—0 Manchester United

Manchester United 1—0 West Ham

Manchester United 1—0 West Ham

All-Time League Record

Manchester United wins: 65
    West Ham wins: 42
    Draws: 29

Pre-Match Pressers

Erik ten Hag

Julen Lopetegui

Team News

Manchester United

Leny Yoro, Tyrell Malacia, Harry Maguire, Kobbie Mainoo, Jonny Evans, Antony, Luke Shaw and Mason Mount ruled out.

West Ham

Niclas Füllkrug and Mohammed Kudus ruled out.

Know The Opposition

qKzAI8n.jpeg

West Ham United Football Club (nicknamed The Irons, The Hammers, and The Academy of Football) are a professional football club based in Upton Park, East London. They were founded in 1895 by foreman and local league referee Dave Taylor and owner Arnold Hills as Thames Ironworks F.C. - a strictly amateur football club with a team featuring a number of works employees. During the summer of 1898, Thames Ironworks F.C. became a professional outfit for the first time, to match their new status as members of the Southern League Second Division, and were promoted to the First Division at the first attempt following a decision to enlarge the top division of the Southern League to 19 teams. After growing disputes over the running and financing of the club in June 1900, Thames Ironworks F.C. resigned from the Southern League and were officially wound up. On 5 July 1900 they reformed under the new name of West Ham United and accepted an offer of the Southern League place left vacant by Thames Ironworks.

West Ham's most successful period started with the appointment of Ron Greenwood in 1961 - leading to FA Cup, League Cup and Cup Winners' Cup titles - with youth team graduates Bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst and Martin Peters at the forefront. Their nickname The Academy of Football pays homage to the club's proud tradition in English football for playing entertaining, attacking football - and the success of the club in coaching future greats - which includes that aforementioned trio of World Cup winners, Trevor Brooking, Paul Ince, Rio Ferdinand, Frank Lampard, Jermaine Defoe and Michael Carrick. West Ham's most prominent rivals are local clubs Millwall (Dockers derby - one of the longest-standing and most bitter in English football), Chelsea (East versus West London rivalry), and Tottenham Hotspur (East versus North London derby). They played their home games at the now demolished Boleyn Ground (often referred to as Upton Park) from 1904 to 2016, and moved to the London Olympic Stadium at the start of the 2016/ 2017 League season.

Referee

David Coote.

Familiar Faces

N/A.​

Oh great, another ninety minutes of two shit teams not wanting to lose to put their manager under pressure.

Hope we win. If not, I hope some senior figures do the fecking obvious. Purgatory is shite.

Our squad man for man should batter Hammers. However there is no evidence that this will be anything other than a nervy horrible game for us which we can hopefully scrape through.

We will produce our usual shit performance, they are a rare opponent who may still find a way to lose to us somehow but could also brush us aside and win by 2 or 3.

We’re in snakes and ladders territory in the league.
    Land on a bad result and we slide right back down the table.
    Lose this and with other results around us, we could be back down to 14th or 15th place at the end of the weekend.

If we can find a way to score some goals for a change and win this, we have a chance of staying in touch with the top 6.
    He has to put our strongest team out and have them go for it.

At least my weekend won’t be spoiled with a Sat lunchtime kickoff defeat.
    Lose on Sun and hopefully that’ll be the end of ETH.

Haven't felt this way since LVG days, but actually don't care now. It's actually making me sad tbh... fecking hate what ETH has done to me as a MU fan(and others in here).

Will watch and will hope for a victory, but just not looking forward to it like I used to.. as I wrote in the ETH thread, I'm just tired of watching us play atm and tired of him as our manager.

Another draw and we will have matched that utterly brilliant run earlier in the season when we went unbeaten against Soton, CP and Barnsley.

Maybe I'm naive but defeat could mean end of ten Hag finally? Even a draw would be really poor given how many points we've dropped so far.

Hojlund is a must start. Hope Evans was just rested and can start alongside De Ligt. Unsure about the midfield, though it feels likely that it'll be Casemiro and Eriksen behind Bruno.

Biggest question mark on the team sheet for me is who starts at LB - Martinez or Dalot/Mazraoui.

Hoping for a 2-0 - as bad as we've been, West Ham have been worse.

Best case scenario 1-1. Worst case scenario we'll lose 2 or 3 nil.

Don' think we'll see many changes for this game.

-----------------------------------------------Onana--------------------------------------------------
    Mazraoui--------------------De Ligt----------Lisandro------------------------------Dalot
    -----------------------------------Casemiro------Eriksen----------------------------------------
    Rashford---------------------------------Bruno-------------------------------------Garnacho
    -----------------------------------------------Hojlund--------------------------------------------------

The home team usually wins and we have a pretty appalling recent record in London, Wembley aside. But Ten Hag did do the double over Lopetegui when he was at Wolves so fingers crossed he has his number.

Anything other than a win and we're probably back to a next game assesment of ETH's leadership.

I think once you get into that perpetual cycle of doing the bare minimum to not lose your job it's probably worth it for everyone just to call it a day. You're only delaying the inevitable.

Of course there is the elephant in the room we're not really addressing concerning ETH's position. Ineos and the club simply can't afford to sack him.

Onana
    Mazraoui - De Ligt - Casemiro - Martinez
    Eriksen - Ugarte
    Garnacho - Bruno - Rashford
    Højlund
    I'd prefer this, as I can't stand watching Dalot on the left, but I think it will be Martinez in central defense, with Dalot on left-back and Casemiro in midfield instead of Ugarte. In either case, this team should have enough about it to win.

We are lucky that West Ham are missing Kudus.

Hojlund has to come in and we need to play Mazraoui at full back. I'm sure Bruno will go back into the team as well, but not sure who will be the casualty, probably Lindelof?

It will be a tight game, as it always is with United. If we can get over the line it'll probably be another 2-1 victory.

If ten hag can not get us a win against West ham under lopetegi then please please sack him, the club standards are already pathetic as it is

Onana
    Mazraoui De Ligt Evans Martinez
    Casemiro Eriksen
    Rashford Bruno Garnacho
    Hojlund

That's the team I hope for. Expect Dalot to play LB and Evans to be benched though.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw

Detailed Results

• 19% West Ham 1:2 Man Utd
  • 15% West Ham 1:1 Man Utd
  • 11% West Ham 0:2 Man Utd
  • 11% West Ham 1:3 Man Utd
  • 7% West Ham 2:0 Man Utd
  • 7% West Ham 2:1 Man Utd
  • 5% West Ham 2:2 Man Utd
  • 5% West Ham 0:1 Man Utd
  • 5% West Ham 3:1 Man Utd
  • 4% West Ham 0:0 Man Utd
  • 3% West Ham 0:3 Man Utd
  • 3% West Ham 1:0 Man Utd
  • 1% West Ham 3:0 Man Utd
  • 1% West Ham 1:4 Man Utd
  • 1% West Ham 4:2 Man Utd
  • 1% West Ham 9:0 Man Utd
  • 1% West Ham 2:3 Man Utd
Compiled from 150 predictions.
Show more results Score Predictions League Table

Your Lineup Prediction

Submissions are now closed. There were 151 predictions.

You can predict the lineup for the next match once the current match is finished.