We need 2 new CMs. Who do we sign?

I really like that Ederson fella from Atalanta we got linked with a couple of months back. Looks like a well rounded midfielder.

if these football guys don't see the midfield as the weakness and the most important part of the squad then we're fecked....our midfield was over run last year in damn near every match and they are just getting older so how is it not a priority???
To be fair our midfield was overun because our defence was 30-40m behind the midfield rather than the 5-15 that most sides have it as. If we can close that gap, then the midfield don't have as much space to cover.

if these football guys don't see the midfield as the weakness and the most important part of the squad then we're fecked....our midfield was over run last year in damn near every match and they are just getting older so how is it not a priority???
It is, they are trying to get Ugarte to help fix it, after falling to get joao Neves.

Really should watch Athletics Sensible Transfers for Utd that's just been released. Goes into the midfield issues.

It is, they are trying to get Ugarte to help fix it, after falling to get joao Neves.

Really should watch Athletics Sensible Transfers for Utd that's just been released. Goes into the midfield issues.

i just watched the midfield piece where he suggested Kante and/or Ugarte to bring in.....i agree about the need to someone with legs who can cover ground and we've all seen just how wide open our midfield is bc Bruno defends/attacks more like a second striker and the 8 plays way to high so it is hard for Case to cover that space just b/c his legs are shot

To be fair our midfield was overun because our defence was 30-40m behind the midfield rather than the 5-15 that most sides have it as. If we can close that gap, then the midfield don't have as much space to cover.
doesn't help when it's Maguire and Varane who can't run either so they have to play deeper to protect space in behind, while Case has to step trying to stop counters....it's a disaster waiting to happen

i just watched the midfield piece where he suggested Kante and/or Ugarte to bring in.....i agree about the need to someone with legs who can cover ground and we've all seen just how wide open our midfield is bc Bruno defends/attacks more like a second striker and the 8 plays way to high so it is hard for Case to cover that space just b/c his legs are shot

doesn't help when it's Maguire and Varane who can't run either so they have to play deeper to protect space in behind, while Case has to step trying to stop counters....it's a disaster waiting to happen
I think we will end up using a double pivot of Ugarte plus another depending on the opposition. Shame that Joao Neves was out of reach for us this summer. Would have been perfect addition for the midfield as they said.

Bastoni, Neves, and Raphinha? Sensible transfers? :lol:

They'd probably cost about 200m altogether. I dunno if you could even do that on FM.

So IF Ugarte finally got sorted who would be the ideal second midfield signing out of who we have been linked with. Would put Rabiot/Rodriguez as the third one as free agents but have serious doubts we even get a second one

Bastoni, Neves, and Raphinha? Sensible transfers? :lol:

They'd probably cost about 200m altogether. I dunno if you could even do that on FM.
Not very sensible are they? The discussion about our stats, holes in the team and what needs addressing was interesting.

If we get Ugarte it will be Ugarte/Case as the 6's and Mount/Mainoo as the 8's, Bruno/Zirksee/Mount the 10's. McTominay can cover 8 or 10.
So unless we sell someone we are more than covered.

If we get Ugarte it will be Ugarte/Case as the 6's and Mount/Mainoo as the 8's, Bruno/Zirksee/Mount the 10's. McTominay can cover 8 or 10.
So unless we sell someone we are more than covered.

Should be selling Casemiro/McTominay both really but quite honestly I don't see either going

I’ve seen Napoli are currently bidding for Billy Gilmour and apparent bids are in the region of £8-12m. For that sort of price I think he’d be a great squad option if we are able to move on someone like Eriksen.

McT, Casemiro, Eriksen - Out (£55m)

Ugarte (loan to buy), Fofana, Gilmour - In (£45m)

Re edit.

I will take those chances:

+ A controlling balance and deep lying playmaker. Why? To play proactive attacking football in the future = on the front foot and cotrolling football. = Adam Wharton
Adam Wharton score really high on tackling and winning duels abilties too. Beside top controlling ability of the ball and team. Wharton will bind the defend and attack together

+ Toby Collyer & Dan Gore = Defensive and ball winning cm players. I will give them chance to January 2025 to prove that their are capable and have what it takes
+ Same with Finley McAllister. Who are more a creative and offensive CM than Collyer and Gore
Finley McAllister is in the mould an category of Bastian Schweinsteiger category. Really good, precise, sharp with the ball and really good timing into the final third of the pitch. But he is far far from top level and Bastian level. Will not put to big pressure on him. But i do see the talents and abilities of Finley McAllister.

Yes. Adam Wharton for top 4 this season. And United own 3 cm players more for the future. The team for the future = 2-5 years from now.

Only buy Wharton as a big player. To save money. Waiting on the fitness condition of Shaw and Malacia. Amass can be a option as left back. But that could be the position United need to spend money on.

What about Merino? Arsenal are apparently in for him. They pass it so much better than us yet we aren’t linked with a midfielder who can pass it and retain possession well.

I’ve seen Napoli are currently bidding for Billy Gilmour and apparent bids are in the region of £8-12m. For that sort of price I think he’d be a great squad option if we are able to move on someone like Eriksen.

McT, Casemiro, Eriksen - Out (£55m)

Ugarte (loan to buy), Fofana, Gilmour - In (£45m)
Does anyone on this thread who posts this stuff live in the real world? We don't have the money to complete the mazraoui dela unless we sell AWB.

The Ugarte and De ligt deals are hanging in the balance over our finances. In what imaginary world are we going to buy fofana and gilmour?

Who's actually interested in Eriksen and Casemiro?

Does anyone on this thread who posts this stuff live in the real world? We don't have the money to complete the mazraoui dela unless we sell AWB.

The Ugarte and De ligt deals are hanging in the balance over our finances. In what imaginary world are we going to buy fofana and gilmour?

Calm one’s self..

No one in Casemiro that's for sure

We’re in a forum in a thread called ‘We need 3 CMs. Who do we sign?’ mate, so I’m sorry for making a suggestion in response to the thread.

I’d understand your response slightly more if I had hugely inflated what we’d be able to / what we’d be looking to sell players for, or proposed a ridiculous list of 3 unattainable players like Wirtz, Neves, Tchouameni. But I suggested two players we’ve been strongly linked with and a more wildcard option based on this week’s transfer news. Hardly living in dreamland by suggesting signing Billy Gilmour for 15m am I?

If you don’t like these types of speculative threads then don’t read them. You’ll save yourself and others some needed time.

And with regards to your AWB point. We’re in a sticky situation where we don’t have a strong hand due to his contract situation. And yes, we’re not in the best possible place financially as a club and clubs will likely try to exploit that too. I don’t think us needing to sell our back-up RB before we buy a new one is hardly cause for a meltdown. As a club we’ve also done decent business so far. More than Arsenal, more than Liverpool, etc. and the INT tournaments have caused a delay in everyone’s transfer business across the board. Again, no need for a meltdown just yet I don’t think.

I still thinkwe are going to strugglewith signifiant departures and have already spent a lot on two signings....have to wonder just what finances will be available and how much we an ngotiate fees down. In Mazaroui pesonally looks like going for a cheap signing.

But am I alone in thinking Zubimendi/Ugarte in the current climate are not super deals?

Fofana looks decent value but surprised we arent looking (or maybe have and dont rate them) at the likes of Ezequiel Fernandez, ANdre and other South Americans BEFORE they make a move to Europe. Enzo Fernandes being a prime example fee wise. ALso seem a few young Africans in smaller European leagues with talent.

Not seen enough of these players to really judge but Ugarte really hasntstood out at PSG.

I know therecruitment team has only been here 5mins but waiting for some unknownor low profile gems....andalreadythis window feel we need oneor two now

Coco, Lobotka, or Anguissa from Napoli. I like Ross Barkley, a lot. He's way, way ahead of SMT for example. he would be a good replacement for Casimero.

Does he want to really show Europe his talent? I think he would revel in the new responsibility.

Although I’d love for us to sign Ugarte and Zubimendi plus a Rabiot free transfer, it’s just not realistic. I think Ugarte will be our main midfield signing. Then everything depends on the outs. If we manage to move Mctominay, Hannibal and Eriksen on then we might sign another midfielder, I struggle to see it being another expensive signing. Probably Rabiot on a free or Amrabat for cheap. The third “new” midfielder is Collyer. I’d be happy enough with that

Although I’d love for us to sign Ugarte and Zubimendi plus a Rabiot free transfer, it’s just not realistic. I think Ugarte will be our main midfield signing. Then everything depends on the outs. If we manage to move Mctominay, Hannibal and Eriksen on then we might sign another midfielder, I struggle to see it being another expensive signing. Probably Rabiot on a free or Amrabat for cheap. The third “new” midfielder is Collyer. I’d be happy enough with that

Yeah that's the best we can hope for realistically

De Jong, even without the deferred wages bs, would be at a huge cost. I can't see it unless some Saudi side gives us good money for Casemiro.

Need 3? How about 0 midfielders...

We need to offload some players first.

Casemiro and Eriksen have expressed their desire to see out their contracts, which is unsurprising given their high wages.

That leaves McTominay, who is attracting interest from other clubs. Ten Hag has stated he wants McTominay to stay due to his versatility and ability to score goals. While this is true, it could also be a tactic to drive up his price for potential buyers.

As it stands, the three players who are certain to be playing for United next season are:

• Bruno
  • Mainoo
  • Mount
The others, as far as I understand, are up for sale at the right price.

If we could offload Eriksen, Casemiro, and McTominay, we could look at signing Amrabat, Ugarte, and potentially De Jong if the rumours are accurate.

Possible midfield options:

Bruno / Mount - 10
De Jong / Mainoo - 8
Ugarte / Amrabat - 6

If we could do this, which I highly doubt, you can see that both the first and second choice options are of a high standard.

Coco, Lobotka, or Anguissa from Napoli. I like Ross Barkley, a lot. He's way, way ahead of SMT for example. he would be a good replacement for Casimero.

Does he want to really show Europe his talent? I think he would revel in the new responsibility.
He will do it for Aston Villa ;)

We need to offload some players first.

Casemiro and Eriksen have expressed their desire to see out their contracts, which is unsurprising given their high wages.

That leaves McTominay, who is attracting interest from other clubs. Ten Hag has stated he wants McTominay to stay due to his versatility and ability to score goals. While this is true, it could also be a tactic to drive up his price for potential buyers.

As it stands, the three players who are certain to be playing for United next season are:

• Bruno
  • Mainoo
  • Mount
The others, as far as I understand, are up for sale at the right price.

If we could offload Eriksen, Casemiro, and McTominay, we could look at signing Amrabat, Ugarte, and potentially De Jong if the rumours are accurate.

Possible midfield options:

Bruno / Mount - 10
De Jong / Mainoo - 8
Ugarte / Amrabat - 6

If we could do this, which I highly doubt, you can see that both the first and second choice options are of a high standard.

Let's not do this again please :annoyed:

It seems like we're getting a full back, and possibly a second CB, but if we can sell enough players and raise funds then we might go for a midfielder. That's the impression I get.

Also that if we do get a midfielder, it'll just be one and we'll rely on McTom and Casemiro next season.

It seems like we're getting a full back, and possibly a second CB, but if we can sell enough players and raise funds then we might go for a midfielder. That's the impression I get.

Also that if we do get a midfielder, it'll just be one and we'll rely on McTom and Casemiro next season.

Not sure. Looks like any other incomings are dependent on sales. We seem to have pursued several deals and have got Ugarte, Mazraoui and De Ligt to the point of agreeing terms, but won't pull the trigger on any of them unless we can find buyers for the likes of Wan Bissaka, Lindelof, Casemiro/McTominay.

Not sure. Looks like any other incomings are dependent on sales. We seem to have pursued several deals and have got Ugarte, Mazraoui and De Ligt to the point of agreeing terms, but won't pull the trigger on any of them unless we can find buyers for the likes of Wan Bissaka, Lindelof, Casemiro/McTominay.

Yeah that recent tweet suggests that's the case

What about this young Equadorian being talked about, Oscar Zambrano?
Relatively cheap, up and coming, versatile CM who can do the physical stuff, tackle, block, recover the ball and good at incisive and progressive passing.
A faster and more dynamic Caicedo.

What about this young Equadorian being talked about, Oscar Zambrano?
Relatively cheap, up and coming, versatile CM who can do the physical stuff, tackle, block, recover the ball and good at incisive and progressive passing.
A faster and more dynamic Caicedo.
You do not go from L.D.U. Quito to playing for Manchester United senior team. He is an academy signing at best, but probably too old for Academy. Best case scenario - buy, loan to Hull City in championship and if he shines, maybe bring back

Either way, in no way a solution to our current problems

Instead of Ugarte, I would like us to target Alan Varela. He's a deep lying playmaker and would bring real nous to the no 6 role plus will be cheaper than what PSG are demanding for Ugarte. Then if we shift Case on, I would also target Mandela Keita or Lucas Gourna-Douth, young DMs with lots of potential that can rotate with Varela and add pace and athleticism to our midfield. We really need to add more athleticism and speed to our midfield, very one paced and not enough press resistance. As good as Mainoo is, he doesn't look like he's quick so would be great to have a player in the deep midfield position who has pace.

Instead of Ugarte, I would like us to target Alan Varela. He's a deep lying playmaker and would bring real nous to the no 6 role plus will be cheaper than what PSG are demanding for Ugarte. Then if we shift Case on, I would also target Mandela Keita or Lucas Gourna-Douth, young DMs with lots of potential that can rotate with Varela and add pace and athleticism to our midfield. We really need to add more athleticism and speed to our midfield, very one paced and not enough press resistance. As good as Mainoo is, he doesn't look like he's quick so would be great to have a player in the deep midfield position who has pace.
Agree on Alan Varela. I think he's better suited to us.