We need 2 new CMs. Who do we sign?

Where would Olmo fit in? He’d be a good option if we ever sold Bruno.
Olmo plays 4 positions equally good. Center midfield, Attacking midfield, left and right wing. He'd be like our own Bernardo Silva. I'd love it if we sold like Casemirio,
Eriksen and Mctominay, got in Ugarte, kept Amrabat as cover and added Olmo.

Last edited:
We need to sign two defensive minded players as signing only Ugarte would expose us again if he’s out due to injury. We have no cover. I would be happy with either Wharton or Tchouameni but I doubt they are available.

We need to sign two defensive minded players as signing only Ugarte would expose us again if he’s out due to injury. We have no cover. I would be happy with either Wharton or Tchouameni but I doubt they are available.
You could say the same if we lose Kobbie, hence why I would like an Angel Gomes signing as he would be cheap, can participate in all phases of play a midfielder can, and would also be a good backup for Kobbie.

I think we would need to sell someone like McTominay and Casemiro to open up funds for 3 midfielders.

Bruno plays 4 positions equally good. Center midfield, Attacking midfield, left and right wing. He'd be like our own Bernardo Silva. I'd love it if we sold like Casemirio,
Eriksen and Mctominay, got in Ugarte, kept Amrabat as cover and added Olmo.
Ye that would be very good. We can only play a 4-3-3 like city though if we had a DM like Rodri.

Cool. What makes you think so?

IMO this summer we need a starting 6, a back up 6. Plus an upgrade on Mctominay who can operate at top levels in more than one role. (Hence my choice of those 2 assuming Amrabat is also kept)

Exactly, we have Mount and Bruno for the attacking role. We need to sure up the actual midfield and then wings before looking at AM.

You could say the same if we lose Kobbie, hence why I would like an Angel Gomes signing as he would be cheap, can participate in all phases of play a midfielder can, and would also be a good backup for Kobbie.

I think we would need to sell someone like McTominay and Casemiro to open up funds for 3 midfielders.
I think we need a player who can play in those deep pockets for when we rest Mainoo. But that player should be versatile enough to also play with Mainoo.

I don’t think Mount can play that deeper #8 role, and McTominay doesn’t have the technical ability.

A player that could fit that role would be Javi Guerra from Valencia. He is only 21 years of age but looks like he has a lot of potential and can play in the deep #8 role.

Yeah would definitely have to sell those two

What about Ugarte and Amrabat

I think a lot will depend on casemiro and Eriksen leaving. If they don't leave then we might sign amrabat/Rabiot or ugarte on a loan with obligation to buy. If casemiro leaves then we probably get ugarte on a fee and we might squeeze amrabat/Rabiot in as well. If both players leave then a second cm will be a must

In my opinion we are well stocked in no 10 while mainoo is perfect for the creative role in the base 2. Thus I would have added steel in midfield with ugarte and someone who can play the 6 and the 8 ie Fofana. Unfortunately the latter seems set to sign for milan

I don't know why we're not in for Zubimendi. We're in desperate need for a defensive midfielder and he is an actual number 6 and not just a ball winner. He has exceptional positioning and fantastic ability on the ball, and his release clause is €60m. I think he would be excellent in the Premier League because he is also very tenacious like Ugarte, just not as good at tackling. We could potentially get both in with Ugarte on a loan + option to buy.

I don't know why we're not in for Zubimendi. We're in desperate need for a defensive midfielder and he is an actual number 6 and not just a ball winner. He has exceptional positioning and fantastic ability on the ball, and his release clause is €60m. I think he would be excellent in the Premier League because he is also very tenacious like Ugarte, just not as good at tackling. We could potentially get both in with Ugarte on a loan + option to buy.
They say he doesn't wanna leave Sociedad.

They say he doesn't wanna leave Sociedad.

I just find it hard to believe his ambitions are to stay in Real Sociedad fighting for top 4, earning £50k a week when he can play in the biggest league in the world earning more than twice that very easily. Spanish players often adapt very nicely to England and the Premier League. I say we do the same like we did with Lille, just activate the release clause and see if he is interested. If not, move on, but if he wants to come then we'll get one of the best defensive midfielders in the world for €60m. He is only 25 as well, young but also very experienced.

Sociedad might ask that fee at one go. We can't afford that

Not financially viable but if we are after 3 midfielders my ideal choices would be:

Desire Doue
Neves
Eziquiel Fernandez

Doue can solve lw or rw as a quality starter....but I see him within a year or two being our number 10

Neves would be 6but can also play as 8 to rest Mainoo or if he is injured

Fernandezis the back up and a more physical optionasnumber 6.

Also think we oould add Collye, Gorer and Fletcher up to the squad as additional cover.

Probably looking at £130-160mfor the three of them.

Dont know why people want to keep Amrabat,may be cheap buthasntearned the right to stay, been average at best most appearances.

I wouldlike to sellmount personally but not happening, but would sell

VDB - done
Eriksen
Casemiro
McTominay
Hannibal

Doenst bring inbig money maybe £50m at best which is why maybe Ugarte more feasible than Neves...if people wawnttwo central midfielders we should really be selling Gore or Oollyer as dont need four

Ugarte/Fernandez/Collyer

Fernandes/Doue/Fletcher Mainoo/Mount

Think good first choice options and talented second choice too with good youth players, decetexperience for the ages too.

Doue for me would battle itout (and win) with Rashford and Garnacho on the left initially and then Antony, Amad and Sanchoon the right so plenty of options infrontof the midfield too nowwe havetwostrikers.

Think we would have a good young squad with ouple of good cbst to be ina strong position to break top four again with timefor further progression

Would have no issue with Amrabat if the budget is tight. But we need to have some cover for the DM position.

My hope is we are looking to loan Ugarte regardless of outgoings (effectively directly swapping him in for Amrabat). Then bringing a second DM is dependent on Casemiro leaving, ideally looking for someone better than Amrabat personally but he’s certainly an option.

Feel we need DM x 2 (if Casemiro leaves) and a playmaker capable of progressing the ball from deep

Lfg!

50m clause apparently, would be another coup signing. He's the future replacement for Rodri for the NT and Barca + Arsenal have been after him for a couple of windows

Lfg!

50m clause apparently, would be another coup signing. He's the future replacement for Rodri for the NT and Barca have been after him for a while

50m is not too bad. I read somewhere he was "too expensive". Thats a very fair fee.

Lfg!

50m clause apparently, would be another coup signing. He's the future replacement for Rodri for the NT and Barca + Arsenal have been after him for a couple of windows

no fecking way he has a release clause of just 50m and that hasn't been activated by damn near every top club in europe

One of the stars of Colombias Copa America run to the final

Looking forward to the compilation videos :lol:

Edit:

Read in the comments section that he was a futsal player with no prior formal football training till Flamengo gave him a chance at 20 years old. Interesting profile.

Last edited:

Edit:

Read in the comments section that he was a futsal player with no prior formal football training till Flamengo gave him a chance at 20 years old. Interesting profile.

Welp, I'm sold. What a comp! Dude looks like a beast and moves very well for a big lad.

Edi: I looked him up to see his age and I saw that there are links to Everton and Forrest, so now I'm wondering if this is just an agent using United's name for interest.

Edit:

That's crazy these days to be picked up at 20 without a former club and make it as a pro.

Welp, I'm sold. What a comp! Dude looks like a beast and moves very well for a big lad.

Edi: I looked him up to see his age and I saw that there are links to Everton and Forrest, so now I'm wondering if this is just an agent using United's name for interest.
At that price point, for rotation and with potential upside in mind you could take a punt.

However, he is nowhere near ready to be a regular starter in the Premier League, let alone for us.

Flamengo took a punt and hardly played him. He has gradually earned a place as a starter for Palmeiras and the NT, but the downside of his background is quite evident.

You have to remember futsal is played in tiny pitches at high intensity in two 20 minute halves. So yes, he will go all guns blazing and manages tight spaces very well, but by the 60' mark is completely knackered.

I only watched him in three Copa games and he got subbed off in all of them.

Edit:

Get the feck in there!!! I said multiple times in the Copa America thread that this kid Rios is going to be a player to watch and one United should be jumping all over to sign

He was IMO was arguably the best CM in the tournament

if we could get Ugarte and Rios that would be absolutely brilliant and a massive upgrade to our midfield

you'd have two guys who have a bit of shithousery to their games but also two guys who have the technical ability to play

if we could get Ugarte and Rios that would be absolutely brilliant and a massive upgrade to our midfield

you'd have two guys who have a bit of shithousery to their games but also two guys who have the technical ability to play

Reckon that would take around roughly £65m

Reminds me a lot of Ounahi from Morocco, with more steel though. Really wanted us to get Ounahi after the world cup as a B2B option. This guy definitely looks like he can be a rotation option with Mainoo.