Music Was Blurred Lines a good song?

I mean what is this even about?

In a hundred years not dare would I
Pull a Pharcyde, let you pass me by
Nothin' like your last guy, he too square for you
He don't smack that ass and pull your hair like that (you like it)
So I'm just watchin' and waitin'
For you to salute the true big pimpin'
Not many women can refuse this pimpin'
I'm a nice guy, but don't get it confused, get pimpin' (everybody get up)
Look it takes a certain type of balls to think you can get away with rhyming “pimpin” with itself 3 times in a row

Look it takes a certain type of balls to think you can get away with rhyming “pimpin” with itself 3 times in a row
Someone wrote on my profile complaining about this comment because I guess technically the first pimpin rhymes with waiting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I couldn't sing or recite this song if my life depended on it, was never a catchy song for me I guess, but I can picture the video for some reason....

I like his dedictation to being a pig. Like, he wrote a rapey song and then made a music video where really hot women are seductively topless dancing around him and his pals. You just have to admire his dedication. I'd say the only thing missing was Harvey Weinsten being in the video as well.

I have no idea who the bloke is or what this song sounds like. Only way I know about it is due to the controversy surrounding it.

You're far from plastic (oh)
Talkin' 'bout getting blasted (everybody get up)
There wasn’t a dry fanny in the house the day they wrote that line.

‘You wanna hug me (hey, hey, hey)
What rhymes with hug me? (Hey, hey, hey)’

I rarely actually listen to lyrics as a lot of them seem a bit ridiculous but this line has always bothered me. I kind of assumed there was something that vaguely rhymes with ‘hug me’ but it couldn’t be played on the radio.

I rarely actually listen to lyrics as a lot of them seem a bit ridiculous but this line has always bothered me. I kind of assumed there was something that vaguely rhymes with ‘hug me’ but it couldn’t be played on the radio.
I always presumed he didn’t want to say “feck me” and thought it cuter to hint at it.

I don’t necessarily mind a song self referencing the fact it’s walked itself into a rhyming dead end, but I don’t like how it’s done there. It would be pretty funny/quirky if someone was singing a song that said “something something orange, what rhymes with orange?”

It's the delivery of the line that's terrible, it's like they thought it was the cleverest thing ever but stinks of someone with a shit sense of humour who laughs obnoxiously at their own jokes while everyone awkwardly looks on.

These unescapable songs... I somehow manage to escape. I mean you've not even put it in the OP. Would you believe if until I just played it just now, I don't think I've heard it in full before?

That newb seems to be on a bit of profile page rampage.

At least 3 of their 24 posts are insulting people on their profiles.
Probably that Tate fan from the other day on an alpha rampage.

Introduced me to Emily Ratajkowski. Great uncensored video.

It was very catchy and that brunette bird was fit *
Please, this cannot be allowed here. For gods sake someone has passed away, this is not right mods. I know this poster has a longstanding history here, but this is not right. I can't be the only one that thinks this?

It's the delivery of the line that's terrible, it's like they thought it was the cleverest thing ever but stinks of someone with a shit sense of humour who laughs obnoxiously at their own jokes while everyone awkwardly looks on.

You’re saying Ricky Gervais wrote it?

Christ. You guys need to get out more. It's a fecking 'pop' song and you are reading so much into it? 2+2=7 You cant take pop songs too seriously or read too much into them.

At this rate, you can basically pass judgement on any musicians out there. People are way too judgemental like some social warrior trying to rid the world of any scum who may have sinned at one stage of their lives.

Why doesn't that Pharell chap get into trouble for this song? Or did he? Whenever this song pops up it's the thicke fellow being criticized.