Wan-Bissaka for sale | joins West Ham

Status
Not open for further replies.
He has been terrible this season, and he's another player you're never sure what you're going to get from him.

I used to like him but his style is just an awkward fit. His passing is weak, his 1st touch is awful, and his defending is lazy at most times. He coasts in a lot of games, just like McTominay and a few others.

Selling for 20m with 1 year left on his contract would be a good business.

I'm not against AWB being sold but if the alternative is Dalot long-term then we're in a lot of trouble.

Doubt the player would ever want to leave for a Saudi club although his England career will never get going at this point with the players in front of him (who are frankly much better players)

Has been a weird signing: I wouldn't call him a flop or a success, just another one in the long list of expensive signings that's just been a bit....ok, i guess. He's capable of some good performances and everyone knows he's good at one on one defending but any team wanting an exciting attacking fullback with great technical ability probably isn't going to look at him.

I'm not against AWB being sold but if the alternative is Dalot long-term then we're in a lot of trouble.

"Long-term" is probably a relative thing. I doubt that in 3 years Dalot will be our starter (unless he earns it), but he should not be the top priority to replace - our offense simply doesn't score enough.

The reality is we're just now entering what will be a multi-year rebuild. Our needs will have to be stack-ranked and pursued accordingly. RB is a weakness, but not close to our biggest.

I think ideally you sign a much better attacking RB, who helps you play out from the back and also gives you output in the final third. You keep Dalot as cover for RB, and he can also do a job at LB if you need him to. Decent squad player who will still get plenty of game time, but preferably not in the big matches. I think eventually you might sell if you have a good youth prospect or someone you've scouted who's not ready yet but might be in a season or two. Only of you're going to make a net profit from the change though.

The drop from a new 1st choice RB like that is much smaller to Dalot than it is to AWB. There might be less quality, but you shouldn't have to adapt your tactics and game plan as much.

Dalot is a decent player on the ball who actually pops up with a goal every now and then. He should actually get a lot more assists than he does, but his decision making often let's him down when he gets into good positions. He also looks more comfortable under lapping than over lapping, which is probably why he doesn't work with Antony at RW. Antony needs someone constantly overlapping so he can't be as easily stopped from cutting in to shoot.

Dalot is a decent player on the ball who actually pops up with a goal every now and then. He should actually get a lot more assists than he does, but his decision making often let's him down when he gets into good positions. He also looks more comfortable under lapping than over lapping, which is probably why he doesn't work with Antony at RW. Antony needs someone constantly overlapping so he can't be as easily stopped from cutting in to shoot.
But he's not great in defence.......... Where he plays.....
Groundhog Day on here.

We should be extending his contract not selling him. He’s class.

But he's not great in defence.......... Where he plays.....
Groundhog Day on here.

What's your point It's definitely his weakness, but then other than slide tackling is AWB actually a good defender? How often does he get caught out of position or ball watching at the back post? AWB is great in 1v1 duels, but he gets absolutely ripped apart by teams who look to move the ball quickly.

Dalot has had some good defensive performances, and also some terrible ones. He's inconsistent and not good enough to be starting RB for any top 4 side. He CAN actually play though. He's comfortable with either foot, and physical enough for the EPL - fairly quick and also fairly big for a FB. He's a much more useful player for a team that wants to regularly control possession and play on the front foot than AWB is.

Look at it this way. If given a choice between just AWB and Dalot, who do you think the current top 4 along with Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle and Brighton would actually choose? Because if it's not Dalot then I want whatever you're smoking...

It's better to make a compromise on quality than it is on play style, especially when it's actually quite small in this instance, because it still lets you build towards the style you aspire to get to.

Quality control
What's your point It's definitely his weakness, but then other than slide tackling is AWB actually a good defender? How often does he get caught out of position or ball watching at the back post? AWB is great in 1v1 duels, but he gets absolutely ripped apart by teams who look to move the ball quickly.

Dalot has had some good defensive performances, and also some terrible ones. He's inconsistent and not good enough to be starting RB for any top 4 side. He CAN actually play though. He's comfortable with either foot, and physical enough for the EPL - fairly quick and also fairly big for a FB. He's a much more useful player for a team that wants to regularly control possession and play on the front foot than AWB is.

Look at it this way. If given a choice between just AWB and Dalot, who do you think the current top 4 along with Chelsea, Spurs, Newcastle and Brighton would actually choose? Because if it's not Dalot then I want whatever you're smoking...

It's better to make a compromise on quality than it is on play style, especially when it's actually quite small in this instance, because it still lets you build towards the style you aspire to get to.
TLDR

Literally nobody thinks, Dalot is a better defender..... Nobody. The arguement is, is he better as an attacker. Personally I'd say probably not based on the last year or so, or not enough to make the whole defending disparity go away anyway....

Anyway, continue....

Let’s be avin ya

Let's hope "audacious" equals large proposed fees - we need all the FFP help we can get.

Ultimately, neither Wan Bissaka nor Dalot are good enough to be first-choice at a side that wants to challenge for the league. One of them will at some point have to go, with the other being relegated to backup behind a more capable player.

Interesting that my post (in response) was deleted but the (2) posts calling me a cnut wasn't? Consistency....

He has been here 5 years, he has improved just slightly, he is the 6th choice of the English squad, he is the second choice here, he has one year in his contract and people still want to keep him.

Dalot is better than him, and he wouldn't even be a starter for any top 10 team. No point keeping him when we can sell him and buy a better starting RB.

80m and you cab have both.

I'm in the camp of wanting Casemiro to stay around another year but if we get an offer of £50m we'd have to take it. That amount of money plus his wages completely off the books would be a no brainer. What we do if that bid comes in Jan rather than summer is a tricky one though, same with AWB.

I really think AWB is over-rated due to those magnificent saving tackles, but if you ask yourself why is it that every other quality WB manages to defend as well if not better only occasionally going to ground?

I do not dislike AWB in the slightest, he has given us some fantastic duels against top attackers, but I think he would not be missed defensively and is next to useless going forward

If the right money comes in it would be a no-brainer

The answer is because you are wrong and probably comparing watching the occasional match with another team and their right back where they happened to not making a mistake and pretending it was 10 games, then comparing it with AWB and how many mistakes he makes over 10 games you actually watch.

Fullbacks make loads of mistakes regularly with the offside trap and in the air or being caught in transition trying to get forward and then their team losing the ball and not being able to get back and help much. AWB gets a lot of flack for it, but non United fullbacks doing the same thing will barely get a mention because posters arent watching those teams every game, or talking about all of those players. Even the players we're linked to and who posters want us to sign, very few posters will actually be aware that they made a mistake and call them out for it on here. A few. But loads and loads of posters will comment about how AWB played.

Most other fullbacks at top clubs make more mistakes because they are just as bad with the offside trap and in the air, but they're also worse at timing challenges, sit off opponents too much because they dont actually enjoy defending or give away more fouls and win the ball less one on one. They also overplay more often so will usually lose the ball more in a poor area. Theres an element of balancing because they are also usually a bit better at passing, crossing and shooting than AWB so they might sometimes be involved in making more goals than AWB. But that isnt always the case. Sometimes AWB picks up several assists and you look at someone who is "better on the ball" and actually they created less chances.

I feel like the new Manchester United should be aiming for more than AWB and Dalot. Both have flattered to deceive. It would be nice if we don't revert to the United of old and stick to two fairly uninspiring players on big, new congrats, thereby keeping them here for the next 8-9 years despite not being particularly good.

I feel like the new Manchester United should be aiming for more than AWB and Dalot. Both have flattered to deceive.
I reckon they are good enough for backup. If there was a slam dunk signing I'd be all for it, but correct me if I'm wrong, there isn't? Therefore, for me, we have more pressing issues....

I'm in the camp of wanting Casemiro to stay around another year but if we get an offer of £50m we'd have to take it. That amount of money plus his wages completely off the books would be a no brainer. What we do if that bid comes in Jan rather than summer is a tricky one though, same with AWB.

If we get 40m, we should just take it. Getting old, huge wages and out of form (for now). Season is done anyway. Rebuild in the summer.

I'd sell if we got a respectable enough offer. Neither of him or Dalot are what starting quality should look like for us, so we should cash in on whichever one can provide better resale value for us. Potentially both if we're proactive enough in signing replacements.

Soft twat cnuts!
listen cockface...you are the most vile cumstain I've ever encountered on this forum. You monopoloise every thread you come across with some half arsed one liner that would'nt qualify for the Joe Longthorne show and then present yourself like you are the King of comedy on American prime time. You epitimise most of what I detest about the internet...opinions formed at the drop of a hat....petty jokes at the expense of others with no thought for their feelings and most of all the self absorbing egotistical self correction of spelling that really points out to every other poster that the highlight of your day is a wank to "big tit weekly". You dont have the friends here you perceive yourself to have and have the intellect of a gnat and the culmanation of this sceario will be your demise in a slow and agonising manner.

He’s shocking and if we are trying to rebuild then I’d have him in my top 5 to get rid of . A nothing player and this is the standard we have dropped to for the last few years .

Rather get rid of Dalot but the more big earners we can clear out the better.

Doubt there's anything in it anyway.

listen cockface...you are the most vile cumstain I've ever encountered on this forum. You monopoloise every thread you come across with some half arsed one liner that would'nt qualify for the Joe Longthorne show and then present yourself like you are the King of comedy on American prime time. You epitimise most of what I detest about the internet...opinions formed at the drop of a hat....petty jokes at the expense of others with no thought for their feelings and most of all the self absorbing egotistical self correction of spelling that really points out to every other poster that the highlight of your day is a wank to "big tit weekly". You dont have the friends here you perceive yourself to have and have the intellect of a gnat and the culmanation of this sceario will be your demise in a slow and agonising manner.
:nervous:

Seems like a nice lad but he's nowhere near good enough despite his sometimes useful 1v1 defending.

:lol: @ the last page.

AWB has had some real quality periods of form but through injury and because our team/coaching is shite, he's never really sustained it long enough in the past 2-3 years.

Dalot is my choice going forward as the starting or backup and I'd take £25m+ for AWB to look to replace again most times out of ten.

Takes one to know one.

Status
Not open for further replies.