Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager (Got Brummed)

I don't think I could support my club if I was so sure they were guilty.
Club is the club, was here before them, will be here after them. But I'm not gonna stop supporting my club cause I don't like the shitebags running it.

I think Pep is just turning a blind eye. I mean he must know that the level of spending wasn’t normal, he’s not a stupid guy. But i suspect he’s looking the other way. “I didn’t see it so I can’t comment”
Yeah, like again I imagine he's operating purely off "Well my bosses told me they didn't do it so I believe them". I don't think any of the stuff with his brother and Girona is in any way dodgy either. But theres absolutely no way we have a higher income than Liverpool and on a par with United, Real and Barca, literally impossible.

Won 5 nil today.

Is he actually a good manager who just played an ignorant style of football for Burnley in the Premier League

Or has come into a Bayern team with a point to prove and Leverkusen cooling off?

Won 5 nil today.

Is he actually a good manager who just played an ignorant style of football for Burnley in the Premier League

Or has come into a Bayern team with a point to prove and Leverkusen cooling off?

Most manager's are in a lose loae position when they get promoted to the prem. Play expansive and get spanked you are naive, play pragmatic and get relegated you are boring. Looking at his Burnley team they just weren't good enough for the prem I think. His Burnley team in the championship played decent football from memory, so probably easier to transfer that to a Bayern than Burnley in the prem due to the strength of the team relative to the league.

Conceding 0.0 xG to unbeaten Bremen away from home is pretty impressive.

Conceding 0.0 xG to unbeaten Bremen away from home is pretty impressive.
This is honestly the single stat that stood out to me; it’s not surprising that BM won, but the dominance and control they had is amazing.

This is honestly the single stat that stood out to me; it’s not surprising that BM won, but the dominance and control they had is amazing.
It was our best game in years. Complete dominance from start to finish.

I feared that Kompany would be too dogmatic since he had Burnley playing the same kind of football in the PL and Championship neglecting the opponents‘ level. But he is making slight adjustments every game (today the FBs played very centrally in possession) and so far it has been good. Granted, the opponents weren’t exactly great. But that will change next weekend…

Olise is quite good isn't he?
He's so precise and efficient in the last third it's astonishing.
Sané will have a very hard time to get back into the starting 11.

Kompanyball is also really looking better and better. I havent seen us THIS dominant in years.

We have scored 20 goals in the last 7 days. It’s fun.

Burnley played good football from what I remember especially the period when Koleosho was showing good form.

I think Kompany is what most top teams will aspire for in terms of philosophy but if he can win a competitive competition both domestically and in Europe is a different question.

Burnley played good football from what I remember especially the period when Koleosho was showing good form.

I think Kompany is what most top teams will aspire for in terms of philosophy but if he can win a competitive competition both domestically and in Europe is a different question.
It's the type of football that will lead to many comfortable wins against mid and small teams but could struggle against big teams that are good on the counter.

It's like under Pep where we steamrolled the league but got beaten 4:0 in the CL by Real because Pep thought it would be a good idea to let a back line with Benatia and Dante play so high against Ronaldo and Bale.

Pep learned from this, I hope Kompany doesnt repeat his mistakes.

Next saturday we play against Leverkusen. A team that can easily outplay pressing and is very quick on the counter.
Although we played great in the last 3 games I'm really not sure this way of playing will work against Leverkusen.

I dunno man, might end up surprising people

Figured he was going to surprise some. Burnley looked decent in spells and felt it was held back due to player quality. We’ll see how long he can keep this going, but must be a joy for fans to see so many goals

It's the type of football that will lead to many comfortable wins against mid and small teams but could struggle against big teams that are good on the counter.

It's like under Pep where we steamrolled the league but got beaten 4:0 in the CL by Real because Pep thought it would be a good idea to let a back line with Benatia and Dante play so high against Ronaldo and Bale.

Pep learned from this, I hope Kompany doesnt repeat his mistakes.

Next saturday we play against Leverkusen. A team that can easily outplay pressing and is very quick on the counter.
Although we played great in the last 3 games I'm really not sure this way of playing will work against Leverkusen.
I think there will be adjustments against Leverkusen. Maybe Guerreiro at LB and Palhinha instead of Pavlovic is what I expect.

Kane
Gnabry Musiala Olise
Palhinha Kimmich
Guerreiro Upa Kim Laimer
Neuer

I would play Gnabry over Coman and add Palhinha in midfield. The latter was basically signed for 10 games each season, the one against Leverkusen being one of them. Guerreiro or Davies at LB is a question of approach.

Can see him roaming around that dressing room screaming "I'M FECKING NOT HAVIN' IT" at the top of his lungs right about now.

I know he will get a lot of schtick after tonight's defeat, but the stats look impressive.

He dominated Villa at Villa park. 70-30 possession, 17 to 5 shots with 7 to 2 being on target. Looks more like a smash and grab by Villa more than anything.

I haven't seen the game personally, so it might have been the usual tiki taka bore your opponent to sleep for all I know, but them stats look very promissing.

I am a united fan but I want him to do well. He is a good guy and I liked how he sets his team up- Burnley and now Bayern.
I might be biased but we don’t have many black managers in Europe and if he is good enough, I am rooting for him. Period!

I am a united fan but I want him to do well. He is a good guy and I liked how he sets his team up- Burnley and now Bayern.
I might be biased but we don’t have many black managers in Europe and if he is good enough, I am rooting for him. Period!
City fan in disguise

Sorry but in relation to Burnley, they were awful. Brain dead tactics and no adaptability to the Premier League. He seems to be starting well with Bayern in the league but will see how the season goes.

Sorry but in relation to Burnley, they were awful. Brain dead tactics and no adaptability to the Premier League. He seems to be starting well with Bayern in the league but will see how the season goes.
In terms of results yes but how they played was nice to see. The fans and the club wanted to play that way, so….

In terms of results yes but how they played was nice to see. The fans and the club wanted to play that way, so….
Well they tried to play a certain way but they couldn’t. It was all pointless really without results. I’m sure the fans would have liked them to stay in the PL with more effective football and results.

He's had two tough games, Leverkusen (draw) and Villa (loss).

But hey he absolutely smashed Zagreb and Holstein Kiel so he must be doing well apparently.

We'll see.

His little monologue about "believing in himself" or whatever it was sure has some people drinking the Kool Aid and garnering him weird sympathy points. Comes across as a strange person, very self conscious and obsessed with the image he's projecting.

His little monologue about "believing in himself" or whatever it was sure has some people drinking the Kool Aid and garnering him weird sympathy points. Comes across as a strange person, very self conscious and obsessed with the image he's projecting.
Agreed. His rant at Burnley didn't feel genuine at all to me. Felt like it was put on for show.

He's had two tough games, Leverkusen (draw) and Villa (loss).

But hey he absolutely smashed Zagreb and Holstein Kiel so he must be doing well apparently.

We'll see.

Both matches Bayern dominated and would've won if not for poor finishing, the Villa match was additionally decided by a keeping error.

I've been clear on here as not being a fan of Bayern appointing Kompany but admittedly he's done well till now.

Both matches Bayern dominated and would've won if not for poor finishing, the Villa match was additionally decided by a keeping error.

I've been clear on here as not being a fan of Bayern appointing Kompany but admittedly he's done well till now.

It would have been a different game if Upamecano had been sent off in the first half, as he should have been. He and Kompany were very, very lucky.

Villa also made mistakes in the final third when they could have played someone in but made a mess of it. That's not really any different to missing a header, it's a mistake from an attacker. They also had the ball in the net twice but the first one was ruled out for a marginal offside.

There are all kinds of excuses you can make, for example Villa lost 2 players to injuries, one very early on. As a United fan I'm not big on making excuses for managers right now. :lol:

Ultimately as I said he's 0 for 2 in big games. It's very early days though so we'll see how he does.

Last edited:
Agreed. His rant at Burnley didn't feel genuine at all to me. Felt like it was put on for show.
That's the vibe I'm getting from him too - this doesn't fundamentally negate any qualities he might have as a manager (I'm sure he has certain talents, but on the basis of what we've seen so far, he seems limited), but he does seem very conscious of the image he's projecting.

I know he will get a lot of schtick after tonight's defeat, but the stats look impressive.

He dominated Villa at Villa park. 70-30 possession, 17 to 5 shots with 7 to 2 being on target. Looks more like a smash and grab by Villa more than anything.

I haven't seen the game personally, so it might have been the usual tiki taka bore your opponent to sleep for all I know, but them stats look very promissing.
They were unlucky to lose. The goal was on Neuer and it wouldn't have been shocking had Bayern won 2:0. Alas, they did not since their finishing and last passes are currently questionable.

as cantona once said, when you move the tractor to a bigger field, sometimes it does not cut all the wheat.