VAR and Refs | General Discussion

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Yeah it’s the linos fault for going early. But ultimately the ref rules the pitch and he could have let it play out rather than going to the whistle. Such a shame
How could he? If the lino puts the flag up, the play has to stop. It's not Saturday league.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's being sabotaged by shit referees. That was the perfect opportunity for it to actually function as intended but a shit show of a referee ruins it.
What do you mean, it did function exactly as intended :drool: :drool: :drool:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They looked for a foul but nothing was there tbh, I have no idea how he could have anticipated the lino lifting his flag or even if BeInSports really synchronized properly the images.
Presumably he told him. Refs and linos are in communication afterall. Same way ref talks to VAR

Todd

At this point I don't even think I understand the offsides rule.

The Madrid defender had his arm extended in the direction of his own goal...but which part of the body is supposed to count in terms of determining the offsides line?

If it's the tip of his fingers, then the Bayern player was onside. If it's his shoulder, then the Bayern player was offsides.

I thought it was supposed to be only parts of the body that can legally play the ball, hence his shoulder. Am I wrong?

NotThatSoph

At this point I don't even think I understand the offsides rule.

The Madrid defender had his arm extended in the direction of his own goal...but which part of the body is supposed to count in terms of determining the offsides line?

If it's the tip of his fingers, then the Bayern player was onside. If it's his shoulder, then the Bayern player was offsides.

I thought it was supposed to be only parts of the body that can legally play the ball, hence his shoulder. Am I wrong?
That's how it works, yes.

Todd

That's how it works, yes.
Okay, if that's the case, then why is everyone making a big stink about what happened in the match yesterday?

Because that means he was definitely offsides, so even if the ref had let them play on, and even if they had scored, it would've been ruled out anyway.

Withnail

Okay, if that's the case, then why is everyone making a big stink about what happened in the match yesterday?

Because that means he was definitely offsides, so even if the ref had let them play on, and even if they had scored, it would've been ruled out anyway.
The player who played the ball looked to be inside. He was slightly behind the goalscorer.

However, the whistle had been blown and the Real players had stopped playing before he took the shot.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
That's a fecking penalty. The reason Amad steps on his fecking foot is because Partey is sitting down on the floor with his legs out to impede Amad.

Feck off, Dean, you scouse cnut.

arnie_ni

That's a fecking penalty. The reason Amad steps on his fecking foot is because Partey is sitting down on the floor with his legs out to impede Amad.

Feck off, Dean, you scouse cnut.
Did he not win the ball first? Missed the replay

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Pray for ETH, he's still having ptsd about the first game and now that decision...:(

binary bot
Ben White had the most blatant yellow in the first half and the ref ignored it. Literally tripped someone up whilst on the counter.