Vanderson

Telles has taught me to no assume every Brazilian full back is Roberto Carlos or Cafu standard.

Telles has taught me to no assume every Brazilian full back is Roberto Carlos or Cafu standard.
He was barely even Robert Carlyle in Mean Machine standard. The massive tattooed tit.

Hope there is truth in these rumours, but we got them last season too.

Last season there were 3 full backs I would have liked us to sign Gusto, Livaramento....orVanderson.

SOme of the other names mentioned this window arent for me, we dont want a second choice right back otherwise should just keep Bissaka for the fee we are going to sell him.

Vanderson would be first choice, far better going forward than Dalot.

I've been keeping an eye on Vanderson because i won't lie - i use Fifa stats for me to get a basic understanding of the expected potential and then i watch highlight videos to see if they kind of match!

Frimpong actually reminds me of Antonio Valencia - the RW, RB hybrid but what surprises me the most about him is that for such an attacking player with alot of stats to back; his crossing is not that good when watching him again a bit like how Valencia used to get in good positions and runs but the final ball wasn't as crisp as you would expect from a right footed attacking RW/RWB/RB. He is a good finisher though but this could be due to Alonso's tactical capability alongside Frimpong actually playing more like a RW a lot of the time.

Mazroui on the other hand is quite a good tackler which may be benefitial if getting rid of Wan Bissaka, his crossing is a bit better than Frimpong but his actual dribbling is not that good and can look quite clunky & lacks pace. I've also heard that he is quite injury prone aswell.

Vanderson seems to have a good balance of dribbling, tackling ability, crossing ability, skill and a bit of aerial ability as well alongside finishing and scoring goals.

Whilst a single of Vanderson's particularly abilities don't shine out as sensational as say Frimpong's runs - Vanderson does come across to me as the more complete RB.

I think Ineos are trying to target two top class players in every position as seen by us going for De Ligt & Yoro aswell as Brantwaithe when we already have Martinez; so us signing Vanderson to compete with Dalot does make sense.

Id rank:

1. Vanderson
2. Frimpong
3. Mazroui

One thing i will say is that because of how good Dalot is at LB, sometimes id argue he looks even better at LB at times than RB - signing Kadioglu doesn't make sense for me because its just another Dalot when I'd argue we probably have the best two footed fullback in the world.

I'd actually love for us to have 5 fullbacks at the club for two positions rather than 4. Shaw and a new LB as i don't rate Malacia on the left. Then I'd actually like to keep Wan Bissaka because even if he is clumsy, he is still the best 1v1 defender in the world & will still be useful in some odd games but no doubt only used almost as a reserve/squad player. This seems unlikely though as he is on his final year of contract, we might be looking for money and i don't know if his wages are inflated. Then id bring in Vanderson to compete with Dalot for the number 1 RB position but play Dalot at LB when there is any injury problems out on the left.

For example,
Vanderson & Wan Bissaka - RB
Shaw &
Ait Nouri/Gutierrez/Davies/Amass - LB
Dalot - RB & LB.

Don't think its likely we would arguably keep Wan Bissaka as a reserve player as our 5th best fullback but i think he can be useful in cup games as seen during Ten Hag's cup wins more so than during a whole league campaign.

Yeah that would be my order of preference too,was gonna say let West Ham sign Mazraoui but then they would drop interest in AWB

Is he any good defenively? Can he use his left foot? He looks more like RW. It can be a problem in the EPL againt top teams.