Staff

The run in - Gulp

April
26/27: Chelsea (H)

May
3/4: Manchester City (H)
10/11: Arsenal (A)

GTGA9qRWwAAnS9J

Whoever put out the last fixtures seems to want to kill our attendance ;)

When was the last time United played back to back games at home vs the big teams in 7 days? That it pretty terrible tbh.

But it should give us the chance to stay in the race as long as possible at least!

Last edited:
United apparently weren't announcing this today but West Ham announced it, so they've had to confirm. The opening match of the season will be held at Old Trafford. It's going to be played on Sunday, 22 September.

Ticket information later.

United apparently weren't announcing this today but West Ham announced it, so they've had to confirm. The opening match of the season will be held at Old Trafford. It's going to be played on Sunday, 22 September.

Ticket information later.

I'm glad to hear it. Hopefully it means keeping the 'big 3' at LSV. We stand a better chance of beating them at our 'proper' home, Cup semi against Chelsea last season the most recent case in point.

Decent deal that and hopefully the Women can actually win a game at OT this season

Winnable games all of them Don't want City wining the league at OT. Maybe we can put a hole in it.

Definitely think our squad is stronger going into next season. Garcia a miss but I think Earps is overrated and Zelem a little slow. I think Katie is great but I got bored of the Mary Earps show. I'll get shot down but I thought she was poor on the whole last year.

Definitely think our squad is stronger going into next season. Garcia a miss but I think Earps is overrated and Zelem a little slow. I think Katie is great but I got bored of the Mary Earps show. I'll get shot down but I thought she was poor on the whole last year.

Do you think PTJ is better than Earps?

I'd like to see her over a run of league games but potentially yes. We paid quite a lot of money for her services and I'd like to see her given a chance.

I hope so. If she can become (probably) the best keeper in the world, I'll be happy.

Have to disagree with the squad being stronger though. We haven't replaced García who was one of our best players. Haven't replaced Zelem, who despite the criticism was one of our best players. I think she is very underrated by some of our fans.

Guerrero was a World Cup winner even though she for some weird reason never got the chance at United.

We've added some depth to different positions but the quality of the replacements is not on the same level as the players who have departed.

I guess Watson and Miyazawa could be seen as the midfield replacements even though they were signed a year ago. As a duo they are not as good as Guerrero and Zelem.

Last edited:
I hope so. If she can become (probably) the best keeper in the world, I'll be happy.

Have to disagree with the squad being stronger though. We haven't replaced García who was one of our best players. Haven't replaced Zelem, who despite the criticism was one of our best players. I think she is very underrated by some of our fans.

Guerrero was a World Cup winner even though she for some weird reason never got the chance at United.

We've added some depth to different positions but the quality of the replacements is not on the same level as the players who have departed.

I guess Watson and Miyazawa could be seen as the midfield replacements even though they were signed a year ago. As a duo they are not as good as Guerrero and Zelem.
We don't really know how good Guerrero could've been, but we know Clinton had a great season in the WSL last year. I'd say we are about even in the midfield trade so far. On the wings I don't know what to expect. Galton and Geyse? Will Malard play more on the wings next season? Hard to say.

We don't really know how good Guerrero could've been, but we know Clinton had a great season in the WSL last year. I'd say we are about even in the midfield trade so far. On the wings I don't know what to expect. Galton and Geyse? Will Malard play more on the wings next season? Hard to say.

Well we know from what we’ve seen before she joined United. But yeah difficult to judge due to lack of game time, but she’s not (been) in the Spanish squad without merit.

Yeah we definitely need (at least) one more winger. A starter. Hope we play Malard as the no.9. She’s much more effective down the middle and very difficult to mark inside the box.

Well we know from what we’ve seen before she joined United. But yeah difficult to judge due to lack of game time, but she’s not (been) in the Spanish squad without merit.

Yeah we definitely need (at least) one more winger. A starter. Hope we play Malard as the no.9. She’s much more effective down the middle and very difficult to mark inside the box.
Yeah, Guerrero is definitely a good player and the way she was treated last season was real bad. I'm really excited to see Clinton, though, I think she could lift us.

The fight for no. 9 will be interesting with Terland and Malard having signed permanently. Who do you think will be first choice?

Yeah, Guerrero is definitely a good player and the way she was treated last season was real bad. I'm really excited to see Clinton, though, I think she could lift us.

The fight for no. 9 will be interesting with Terland and Malard having signed permanently. Who do you think will be first choice?

Williams :lol: Nah I think it will be Malard. Terland could struggle to find game time as we all know how much Skinner rates Williams as a supersub. Don't get me wrong she's been vital for us in different games but I think it's about time to start thinking about the future and better squad planning.

If I trusted Skinner more, I would be liable to think that Miyazawa is like a new player, Clinton as well, and Naalsund makes up a useful CM, and that Terland/Malard is promising cover up front. Le Tissier/Jansses/Turner is good cover on CB and if Phallon Tullis-Joyce is a shrewdly planned move eaiting to blossom. I don’t really trust Skinner when it comes to replacing players, but in theory.

If I trusted Skinner more, I would be liable to think that Miyazawa is like a new player, Clinton as well, and Naalsund makes up a useful CM, and that Terland/Malard is promising cover up front. Le Tissier/Jansses/Turner is good cover on CB and if Phallon Tullis-Joyce is a shrewdly planned move eaiting to blossom. I don’t really trust Skinner when it comes to replacing players, but in theory.

Yeah can’t disagree with that. I’m starting have a bit of faith in the new leadership after Ashworth’s comments but in order to improve we unfortunately need to make some coaching changes soon.

Guerrero hardly played anyway so won't be missed

Clinton replaces Zelem - Sarina Weigmann rates her higher at least

Terland for Garcia

I don't think PTJ will be Earps level though

Guerrero hardly played anyway so won't be missed

Clinton replaces Zelem - Sarina Weigmann rates her higher at least

Terland for Garcia

I don't think PTJ will be Earps level though

Guerrero might be missed, when we get injuries and the replacements are not on her level. Even is she didn't play. Terland is not on García's level.

Just personally don't think the squad is stronger, that's all.

Hard team to pick now. Terland starts at 9 for me. Goals.
Malard wide. Also good at 9.
Good midfield options. Clinton for Zelem.
Defensive options very decent. Jannsen, George and Sandberg all fresh options.
Garcia must have had a frustrating two years so her loss is harder to measure.
I'm so glad Mary has moved on. Wish her well but she needed to go. In my opinion PSG haven't signed the best keeper in the world and she won't be England's no 1 come the euros.
I'm looking forward to this season.
Where to play Le Tissier?

Think it’ll mostly be the same old.

PTJ

Riviere
MLT
Turner
Blundell

Ladd
Naalsund

Geyse/Parris
Toone
Galton

Malard

Skinner, prove me wrong and use the squad.

Think it’ll mostly be the same old.

PTJ

Riviere
MLT
Turner
Blundell

Ladd
Naalsund

Geyse/Parris
Toone
Galton

Malard

Skinner, prove me wrong and use the squad.
That would be hugely disappointing IMO. Last season leaked too many and not potent enough. Must freshen that up given new arrivals calibre. Get us excited again. Both full backs looked fragile last season.

That would be hugely disappointing IMO. Last season leaked too many and not potent enough. Must freshen that up given new arrivals calibre. Get us excited again. Both full backs looked fragile last season.

The potential competition for places in defense is a big positive from this window. I'm sure that would improve and push Blundell, George and Riviere to a new level. But yeah as you said that's the issue. So far the competition is only potential.

The potential competition for places in defense is a big positive from this window. I'm sure that would improve and push Blundell, George and Riviere to a new level. But yeah as you said that's the issue. So far the competition is only potential.
Fair enough. Would like to think Jannsen pushes for a place.

Guerrero might be missed, when we get injuries and the replacements are not on her level. Even is she didn't play. Terland is not on García's level.

Just personally don't think the squad is stronger, that's all.

I wouldn't say the squad is stronger either as we have to see how the new players adapt, but Clinton is a good replacement for Zelem in ability if not experience

There is also an argument for Terland being an upgrade on Garcia (12 WSL goals in a much worse team) but we shall see

I wouldn't say the squad is stronger either as we have to see how the new players adapt, but Clinton is a good replacement for Zelem in ability if not experience

There is also an argument for Terland being an upgrade on Garcia (12 WSL goals in a much worse team) but we shall see

That’s impressive but as far as I know Terland is a striker and García very much a winger. The Norwegian also probably played more minutes than Lucía.

Big hopes for Clinton here too!

Still 10 free for a dynamite forward!

We’ve been drawn in the League Cup group together with Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle. The other northern group consists of Durham, Sheffield United, Sunderland and Blackburn :lol:

We’ve been drawn in the League Cup group together with Liverpool, Everton and Newcastle. The other northern group consists of Durham, Sheffield United, Sunderland and Blackburn :lol:
Inevitable - some things don't change. I wonder where city will end up if they don't get through the WCL qualifiers.