United women | fixtures 24/25 - West Ham at OT first match

Anyone think the attendance could be low?
For the opening match against West Ham at Old Trafford?

In terms of marketing for the match, it's early days but I'm not optimistic. It's easier to get United watchers who haven't been to a women's game before to a match if they're feeling excited about United as a club in general. So we could do with the men to go on a good run now.

Last season had that awkward ending of us getting hammered by Chelsea at OT as well and it was a pretty poor game. It should have been our lap of honour with the FA Cup - it turned into a bit of an anticlimax.

We'll see. The fans of the women's team will be there - at least the ones who aren't away that day watching the men play at Palace etc.

In general at LSV for the season. I think the crowd won't be affected much by losing Mary Earps, Katie Zelem - but the team certainly needs some new heroes.

We've lost most of the glamour that our lionesses brought back from the Euros, we will need to get that buzz back - by playing well. I think the squad is capable of it. Let's see if our manager can rise to the occasion.

For the opening match against West Ham at Old Trafford?

In terms of marketing for the match, it's early days but I'm not optimistic. It's easier to get United watchers who haven't been to a women's game before to a match if they're feeling excited about United as a club in general. So we could do with the men to go on a good run now.

Last season had that awkward ending of us getting hammered by Chelsea at OT as well and it was a pretty poor game. It should have been our lap of honour with the FA Cup - it turned into a bit of an anticlimax.

We'll see. The fans of the women's team will be there - at least the ones who aren't away that day watching the men play at Palace etc.

In general at LSV for the season. I think the crowd won't be affected much by losing Mary Earps, Katie Zelem - but the team certainly needs some new heroes.

We've lost most of the glamour that our lionesses brought back from the Euros, we will need to get that buzz back - by playing well. I think the squad is capable of it. Let's see if our manager can rise to the occasion.
I am pleased with recruitment. Season tickets have sold well at LSV but we were poor at OT last year. Just got a feeling attendance could be 20k or so which is still good but lower than previously.

I am pleased with recruitment. Season tickets have sold well at LSV but we were poor at OT last year. Just got a feeling attendance could be 20k or so which is still good but lower than previously.
You're right about us being poor at OT. Our two biggest league games last season were there and both of them were defeats. City and Chelsea - two very poor performances as well. The City one was in front of our biggest home crowd so far (43k) and against Chelsea it was about 28k.

I doubt we'll get 28k for this one unless the late marketing push is huge so I suspect you're right.