United appoint Sam Erith as performance director

I guess to help players perform. If they aren't performing, he will try get to the route of why performance is slacking. A big job ahead of him!
“Why have you not worked with the players yet, you’ve been working 6 months!?”

“Still working on unlocking Rashford”

A director of performance
We went to a new japanese restaurant last week with a pretty crudely translated menu. 'Special Egg Sauce' was mentioned, so we asked the waiter what exactly this special egg Sauce was.

Off he went to the kitchen for a few minutes before heading back and telling us with a confident smile that it was 'A Sauce made with egg', and walking off.

I think you'd have liked him.

It may take a while, but all this off the field excellence will reflect on the pitch in time.

We went to a new japanese restaurant last week with a pretty crudely translated menu. 'Special Egg Sauce' was mentioned, so we asked the waiter what exactly this special egg Sauce was.

Off he went to the kitchen for a few minutes before heading back and telling us with a confident smile that it was 'A Sauce made with egg', and walking off.

I think you'd have liked him.
:lol: Sounds like my kinda guy

Be thankful he didn’t say “cream of sum yung guy”

From what I understand he has two goals.
To be successful on the field while trimming the deadwood.

Erith, Win and Fire

Job desc includes putting people in a box, separating them into multiple smaller boxes, stabbing them with swords, recombine the boxes, and then removing them from box unscratched.

This magic trick can be useful for our injury prone players.

There's a good video on all Sam Erith did at Man City - https:**//www.youtube.com/**watch?v=HWKVpntq1Qo

He's highly qualified. An interesting point to note - he also mentions how the Etihad training ground has rooms where all the players are asked to sleep in before the early kickoffs in the following day - this helps them with setting the right preparation for players on the match day. Much more controlled environment. Something tells me that Carrington will be seeing the addition of sleep pods/rooms in the coming years.

Last edited:
It may take a while, but all this off the field excellence will reflect on the pitch in time.

Thats what I reckon. Seems like a far cry from the days of hiring a director of football who leaves for Zenit after a cup of coffee.

Poor Rangnick would work wonders under this structure (as long as he wasnt coaching the team for match days).

It is appalling though the amount of rebuilding off the pitch is required due to neglect.

All the right moves off the pitch sadly wont help if we are completley devoid of any clue what to do on the pitch however.

There's a good video on all Sam Erith did at Man City - https:**//www.youtube.com/**watch?v=HWKVpntq1Qo

He's highly qualified. An interesting point to note - he also mentions how the Etihad training ground has rooms where all the players are asked to sleep in before the early kickoffs in the following day - this helps them with setting the right preparation for players on the match day. Much more controlled environment. Something tells me that Carrington will be seeing the addition of sleep pods/rooms in the coming years.
Wow! Sleeping pods would be amazing!

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/louis-van-gaals-manchester-united-3885171

Yeah, maybe I didn't have the correct words for it.

I meant more like a player accommodation like:

https://**www.thesun.co.uk**/sport/28381862/**inside-kylian-mbappes-private-suite-real-madrid/

AND

https://**www.dailymail.co.uk**/sport/football/article-5773095/**Inside-Tottenhams-luxurious-new-player-accommodation-lodge-situated-training-ground.html

From no football structure under Glazers to suddenly have so many "best in class" in so many departments but the performance on the pitch is still shit. Hopefully, not the case of too many cooks.

From no football structure under Glazers to suddenly have so many "best in class" in so many departments but the performance on the pitch is still shit. Hopefully, not the case of too many cooks.
Best in class manager yet to be appointed

It’s a strange appointment. Job for the boys springs to mind, I mean honestly we have a manager, we have coaches if they can’t decide who is performing then they are NOT doing their fecking jobs.
We have Ashworth and Wilcox and now this chap, Too many cooks spring to mind.

Thats what I reckon. Seems like a far cry from the days of hiring a director of football who leaves for Zenit after a cup of coffee.

Poor Rangnick would work wonders under this structure (as long as he wasnt coaching the team for match days).

It is appalling though the amount of rebuilding off the pitch is required due to neglect.

All the right moves off the pitch sadly wont help if we are completley devoid of any clue what to do on the pitch however.
Max Allegri is free. Just a suggestion.

It’s a strange appointment. Job for the boys springs to mind, I mean honestly we have a manager, we have coaches if they can’t decide who is performing then they are NOT doing their fecking jobs.
I thought 'job for the boys' was an expression meaning you appoint a person - male or female - who isn't the best qualified but gets it much more on the basis of being a friend, ally, relation, etc, of the person making that appointment?

So not sure why I keep seeing the phrase pop up on here when we make appointments of people with very impressive CV's and who are regarded very highly in the industry.

He seems to be another good appointment. Whether all these impressive people will work well together and form an effective unit is something we'll have to wait and see; but, individually, they're all well regarded people who seem good appointments.

Sounds like a good appointment to me ¯⁠\⁠(⁠°⁠_⁠o⁠)⁠/⁠¯

This really isn't the case. Please educate yourself on what Sam Erith did at Man City and his previous role - https:**//www.youtube.com/**watch?v=HWKVpntq1Qo