UEFA Conference League 2024/25

Chelsea beware, German giants Heidenheim are up for it (they just won their first ever European match :lol:)

Look like a team of strangers, which we are pretty much...

This game has preseason vibes to it.

Their total budget is about 20m a year I think. Like a rounding error on our transfer spending.

Welsh team in the group stage! Must be a long time ago since a team from there was anywhere beyond the qualifying rounds in Europe. Teams in the English league setup used to be able to get in for winning the Welsh Cup, might have to go back until then to find the last time. United played Wrexham in the 90/91 ECWC, I remember that one.

Edit: In my haste, forgot they're not technically Welsh. Based just over the border but do represent an English and Welsh town at the same time playing in the Welsh league system.

Last edited:
Horrible 1st half from Fiorentina against an unknown team: Puskas Akademia.
They've been saved by Manchester United legend David De Gea so far but I have the feeling La Viola won't even make Conference League gropus by how they played so far.

Chelsea shouldn't have much problems to win this competition.

EDIT: We already have the first big team surprisingly out, Lens from Ligue 1..

Last edited:
2 - 1 for Servette, might my Swiss team actually kick Chelsea out?!

Fun looking at some of unusual names qualifying so far.

Joining TNS are FC Noah of Armenia, Pafos of Cyprus (beat Cluj, remember when they were in the CL?) and Vikingur Rekjavik.

One of Larne (N. Ireland) or Lincoln Red Imps (Gibraltar) to join them, currently 3-3 on agg. Actually tuned into this one just now and as I did Larne had a player sent off.

Horrible 1st half from Fiorentina against an unknown team: Puskas Akademia.
They've been saved by Manchester United legend David De Gea so far but I have the feeling La Viola won't even make Conference League gropus by how they played so far.

Chelsea shouldn't have much problems to win this competition.

EDIT: We already have the first big team surprisingly out, Lens from Ligue 1..
Orban’s play-thing.

Two Slovenian team through to the Conference League group stages tonight, and neither of them is Maribor. Turning into a very good year for Slovenian football.

I’m hoping Olimpija draw New Saints as it’s a fairly simple drive for me.

Fun looking at some of unusual names qualifying so far.

Joining TNS are FC Noah of Armenia, Pafos of Cyprus (beat Cluj, remember when they were in the CL?) and Vikingur Rekjavik.

One of Larne (N. Ireland) or Lincoln Red Imps (Gibraltar) to join them, currently 3-3 on agg. Actually tuned into this one just now and as I did Larne had a player sent off.

Cluj beat us in the Champions League at Old Trafford 1-0 in Sir Alex's final season