Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your clearly more knowledgeable than Neville and Scholes. My apologies.
Yes I am clearly more knowledgeable when they claim the guy is a left back when he has spent all of last season playing as a defensive midfielder. I know clearly more about De Eredivisie than them and Ajax when it is clear they have not spent time watching much of our league, perfectly understandable. Like you, they have seen him played as a left back in the World Cup and wrongly decided that is his position.

Now stop digging yourself a deeper hole because you read some throw away comments from uninformed journalists/pundits on twitter and acted the expert.

Blind will be first choice in defensive midfield, Herrera will play CM and Di Maria stated that he wants to play the role which he played at RM last season which was the most advanced CM. So someone could argue that we have infact signed three midfielders with Fellaini, Carrick and Fletcher still expected to play a part. Not earth shattering moves but definitely enough to compete against anyone in this league, if we get our act right. Right now we can't lament under investment because unlike the season opener we now have four options for central defence, four in midfield but a tad light in fullback positions, which I fully expect us to look into during the winter transfer window or at least promote the likes of Varela.

He's signing for Madrid apparently.

DAFAQ? I have seen his matches for ajax and my friend is a season ticket holder and that is simply not true: he is an OK LB who was a revelation for Ajax playing in Central Midfield and would have continued to do so if he continued at Ajax this season because that is where he is best.
Sometimes there's no point trying to explain.

Your clearly more knowledgeable than Neville and Scholes. My apologies.
Neville and Scholes know feck all about Blind though. Just because they used to be players doesn't mean they know more then people who actually watch him every week.

This would be my guess also (and I expect he is guessing). The only other signing might be if Lindegaard were allowed to leave, as I can't see Amos being enough to back-up DDG, and Johnstone is still pretty young.

From what I read, Rojo is LB who can also play LCD. But he is not a CD per say. He is also not in the class of say a Hummels. Blind is another LB who play LCD. That's THREE players for the same position: Shaw, Rojo and Blind. If anything Blind is a utility player.

We've signed Herrera - fine and who else? Mata? Good but not what we need. Di Maria a luxury. Great buy but we need reinforcements elsewhere first.
Rojo is a center back who can also play left back. He played as a center back for Sporting Lisbon. Blind is a defensive midfielder who can play at left back or center back as a utility player, but last season he was played as a defensive midfielder and really broke through.

This statement makes me so sad.

Blind is a LB who can play as a defensive midfielder. Understandable as he's a defender and will play like a defender but in midfield. His natural position is as a defender/

If Di Maria wants to play advance midfield then does he mean as a winger or as a number 10? - We have enough of them and then some!

Carrick - good. Fletcher - recovering. Fellaini - liability. We have signed ONE midfielder; Di Maria is a winger and with the exception of Carrick the other two are frankly crap.

I have no worries about right and left back. Our CD is very poor with Ferdinand and Vidic gone.

In the end, I don't agree with anything you say. Sorry.
Not to worry, mate, it's like I earn a living soliciting concurrance on an internet forum. I know we could have, should have gotten better players than the ones we have gotten bar Di Maria but the thing is that these players all play in roles where we aren't very strong and are all an upgrade on the shower of shit we have endured over the last week. The other thing is don't expect a quick fix to the rot that had sat in at Carrington, some of these players will take ages to move on whilst the likes of Herrera, Blind and Rojo could take months to settle but what we now have is a spine which can be solid immediately and grow into a formidable outfit with time and additions, Rome was not built in a day.

Absurd statement.
Absurd? To say that just because they are ex players doesn't mean that they know everything about everyone? Come on. You can't seriously think that they followed the Eredivisie at all to know where they play, because they clearly didn't if they think left back is Blind's main position. Their extent on knowing about Blind will be if they potentially played against him, or saw him for Ajax against City in the champions league a few years ago, or the world cup. As it is with most people who don't watch the Dutch Eredivisie.

Just because they were professional footballers doesn't make them experts on everyone else. In fact most footballers are awful as pundits.

Absurd? To say that just because they are ex players doesn't mean that they know everything about everyone? Come on. You can't seriously think that they followed the Eredivisie at all to know where they play, because they clearly didn't if they think left back is Blind's main position. Their extent on knowing about Blind will be if they potentially played against him, or saw him for Ajax against City in the champions league a few years ago, or the world cup. As it is with most people who don't watch the Dutch Eredivisie.

Just because they were professional footballers doesn't make them experts on everyone else. In fact most footballers are awful as pundits.
I'm actually sure Scholes admitted today to not knowing much about him.

Very good poacher, comes on at 80th min and scores the winner.

That is what you get Juve, feckin greedy cnuts. We give them Evra and Pogba on a free and they can't let Vidal come because of £5m off valuation. Then they have the cheeck of wanting Hernandez on loan.

You know nothing about what professional players know or don't know. Are you their close friend?

Can anyone comfirm if he really said that?
Source? Sounds like bull.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/aug/30/manchester-city-chelsea-deadline-day

The transfer window is certainly a good barometer as to which clubs have been operating with logic, forward planning and minimal risk‑taking and, just as relevantly, which have not. This year’s trolley dash at Arsenal is for another defender and a replacement striker for the injured Olivier Giroud (even though they have had five transfer windows since Robin van Persie left the club to assemble a forward line capable of dealing with that kind of setback). Manchester United are still in the market for a centre-half and another midfielder, even with Daley Blind coming in from Ajax. These are the moments the transfer-holic football fan seems to love. But the best teams always tend to get their business done early then watch the rest with haughty detachment. All that scurrying about, standing by the fax machine and trying to beat the clock for whoever might be available is not a good look.

You know nothing about what professional players know or don't know. Are you their close friend?
Ok sure I don't know what they would know. It's a pretty safe bet to say that Paul Scholes and Gary Neville focus on the premier league, maybe watch stuff like Madrid, Barca or Bayern now and then. The dutch league though? Come on. There's a chance they might have seen him more then just the world cup or in some random Champions league game, but it's unlikely I'd say.

Apparently Scholes said during the game that he didn't know much about him too so there you go. And when Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher were talking about him on Monday Night Football last week, they were saying stuff about him based on the way Van Gaal used him at the World cup, nothing about how he played for Ajax.

Ok sure I don't know what they would know. It's a pretty safe bet to say that Paul Scholes and Gary Neville focus on the premier league, maybe watch stuff like Madrid, Barca or Bayern now and then. The dutch league though? Come on.

Your assuming again.

Your assuming again.
Read my edit. Scholes apparently said on BT sport today he didn't know much about him and Neville on MNF when talking about him last week only talked about how Van Gaal used him. Ok sure it's an assumption, but do you really think they know much about him? Really? More then somebody who follows the dutch league? No way IMO. If they said he's a left back then they are wrong and show they don't know anything about him. Because he's not. Just like Rojo was only a left back for Argentina.

Just like I am 100% sure I know more about Bosnian players like Pjanic then they do.

Basically said he had not made that tweet(which everyone is talking about), someone else made it up.

That tweet definitely did come from his account. Maybe he was hacked but seen journos and others saying that they saw the tweet on their timeline.

I
Read my edit. Scholes apparently said on BT sport today he didn't know much about him and Neville on MNF when talking about him last week only talked about how Van Gaal used him. Ok sure it's an assumption, but do you really think they know much about him? Really? More then somebody who follows the dutch league? No way IMO.

Just like I am 100% sure I know more about Bosnian players like Pjanic then they do.
I know someone who knows him very well, van Gaal. That should be enough, he definitely knows him better than Scholes and Neville :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.