Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care if it's not urgent, it could become a disaster if we don't get a replacement for Lindegard should he indeed leave, and Romero is an excellent backup.

Signed Shaw, Rojo, Blind, Herrera and Di Maria and some people think we've had a poor window? :wenger:

They're not necessary the right purchases. Defenders and midfielders were what was required.

We've signed one defender who can't seem to get fit and another that's not top class. We've not signed any central defenders.

And, we've signed one midfielder when we need two to four.

A poor window? I would say so.

Don't care if it's not urgent, it could become a disaster if we don't get a replacement for Lindegard should he indeed leave, and Romero is an excellent backup.
Exactly. Some people sound annoyed that we might sign a decent back up goalkeeper.

They're not necessary the right purchases. Defenders and midfielders were what was required.

We've signed one defender who can't seem to get fit and another that's not top class. We've not signed any central defenders.

Rojo is a central defender, no?

Also we have signed two midfielders. Three if you count Di Maria (very versatile player). Granted Blind isn't official yet, but it will be.

I wouldnt call it a poor window. It could have been better of course but not by any means poor.

Rojo is a central defender. We need 2 more mids besides Herrera, we got Blind.

Shaw got injured, if only we knew he will get injured as soon as he started playing..

On top of that we got Di Maria who can play in the mid and he can play there very good too.

Blind will be first choice in defensive midfield, Herrera will play CM and Di Maria stated that he wants to play the role which he played at RM last season which was the most advanced CM. So someone could argue that we have infact signed three midfielders with Fellaini, Carrick and Fletcher still expected to play a part. Not earth shattering moves but definitely enough to compete against anyone in this league, if we get our act right. Right now we can't lament under investment because unlike the season opener we now have four options for central defence, four in midfield but a tad light in fullback positions, which I fully expect us to look into during the winter transfer window or at least promote the likes of Varela.

Blind will be first choice in defensive midfield, Herrera will play CM and Di Maria stated that he wants to play the role which he played at RM last season which was the most advanced CM. So someone could argue that we have infact signed three midfielders with Fellaini, Carrick and Fletcher still expected to play a part. Not earth shattering moves but definitely enough to compete against anyone in this league, if we get our act right. Right now we can't lament under investment because unlike the season opener we now have four options for central defence, four in midfield but a tad light in fullback positions, which I fully expect us to look into during the winter transfer window or at least promote the likes of Varela.
I think you're right in saying we signed three midfielders as that's where they should all play. Varela, unless this move to Madrid materialises, I think will be promoted because we can't go on playing Valencia there, he's shit and Rafael is too injury-prone. We should sign another mid in January, Strootman looks most likely.

Hello? All 5 signings are defenders or midfielders:wenger:

Rojo is a central defender, no?

Also we have signed two midfielders. Three if you count Di Maria (very versatile player). Granted Blind isn't official yet, but it will be.

From what I read, Rojo is LB who can also play LCD. But he is not a CD per say. He is also not in the class of say a Hummels. Blind is another LB who play LCD. That's THREE players for the same position: Shaw, Rojo and Blind. If anything Blind is a utility player.

We've signed Herrera - fine and who else? Mata? Good but not what we need. Di Maria a luxury. Great buy but we need reinforcements elsewhere first.

From what I read, Rojo is LB who can also play LCD. But he is not a CD per say. He is also not in the class of say a Hummels. Blind is another LB who play LCD. That's THREE players for the same position: Shaw, Rojo and Blind. If anything Blind is a utility player.

We've signed Herrera - fine and who else? Mata? Good but not what we need. Di Maria a luxury. Great buy but we need reinforcements elsewhere first.
Watching Young and Valencia and our lack of pace you think Di Maria is a luxury?

Blind will play DM until Carrick returns at worst, he is not a leftback but I think he is seen as a DM that can play leftback. Rojo may be called a leftback that can play CB but then when was that ever a problem ? Versatility and I'm sure he will get an early shot at CB since his build up play is good. As for defenders not being the class of Hummels, Benatia or whoever, titles have been won by teams not possessing such class and will continue to be won, what is important is creating a solid defensive unit.

I thought Blind just won player of the year playing CDM? And with playing 3 at the back, surely Rojo who is a LCD will be able to play on the left?

Stop reading shit then. Rojo is a centre back who played LB for Argentina at the World Cup. Blind won the Dutch player of the year playing in midfield, but played at LWB for Holland at the World Cup. Di Maria is not a luxury, he's a world class player who instantly improves the team.

This statement makes me so sad.

Blind is a LB who can play as a defensive midfielder. Understandable as he's a defender and will play like a defender but in midfield. His natural position is as a defender/

If Di Maria wants to play advance midfield then does he mean as a winger or as a number 10? - We have enough of them and then some!

Carrick - good. Fletcher - recovering. Fellaini - liability. We have signed ONE midfielder; Di Maria is a winger and with the exception of Carrick the other two are frankly crap.

I have no worries about right and left back. Our CD is very poor with Ferdinand and Vidic gone.

In the end, I don't agree with anything you say. Sorry.

Stop reading shit then. Rojo is a centre back who played LB for Argentina at the World Cup. Blind won the Dutch player of the year playing in midfield, but played at LWB for Holland at the World Cup. Di Maria is not a luxury, he's a world class player who instantly improves the team.
Yep.

Di Maria isn't a luxury. What the hell that means anyway. People should stop with that nonsense.
Blind is primarily a midfielder, than LB.

I bow to your greater knowledge. So, your obviously happy with the midfield and defence we now have. I still think is lacking.

Get your facts right. Blind has been a revelation for Ajax playing as a defensive midfielder last season and was only played as a left back for Holland because of the disastrous options we have in that position. Stop listening to Neville or journos who are mongisly wondering why we signed a third left back or shit like that.

Rojo is a left back for Argentina but has excelled for Sporting last season playing in central defence.

Then what you're reading is misinformation.

- Rojo is a CB who can also play LB.
- Blind is a DM who can also play LB. He was Dutch Player of The Year at DM in Eredivisie.

Di Maria isn't a luxury. What the hell that means anyway. People should stop with that nonsense.
Blind is primarily a midfielder, than LB.

£60m that could have been spent on buying top central defender and a top midfielder. Which is exactly what the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal have been doing. I wonder why they didn't go for Di Maria.

I bow to your greater knowledge. So, your obviously happy with the midfield and defence we now have. I still think is lacking.

It is. I'm not arguing with that at all. I've said previously we should have signed Blind way earlier and gone after other midfielders anyway. Of course I'd prefer us to sign a commanding, experienced centre back as well. all I'm pointing out is you're wrong about the players you've listed, as we've signed a defensive midfielder, a left back, and a centre back. Not three left backs.

Get your facts right. Blind has been a revelation for Ajax playing as a defensive midfielder last season and was only played as a left back for Holland because of the disastrous options we have in that position. Stop listening to Neville or journos who are mongisly wondering why we signed a third left back or shit like that.

Rojo is a left back for Argentina but has excelled for Sporting last season playing in central defence.

Your clearly more knowledgeable than Neville and Scholes. My apologies.

£60m that could have been spent on buying top central defender and a top midfielder. Which is exactly what the likes of Chelsea and Arsenal have been doing. I wonder why they didn't go for Di Maria.

Di Maria is a WC player who can play both on the wing and in the midfield but sure he's a luxury if you say so...
Arsenal need a top striker. Did they buy one?
Yeah, I thought so.

You need to get some things straight. For a start you should know Rojo is a CB. And Blind is a mid. So if you aknowledge that we can start talking.

This statement makes me so sad.

Blind is a LB who can play as a defensive midfielder. Understandable as he's a defender and will play like a defender but in midfield. His natural position is as a defender/
DAFAQ? I have seen his matches for ajax and my friend is a season ticket holder and that is simply not true: he is an OK LB who was a revelation for Ajax playing in Central Midfield and would have continued to do so if he continued at Ajax this season because that is where he is best.

Arsenal are arguably still crying out for a top DM or striker and yet they signed Sanchez for big money. Sure he can play as a striker but isn't his natural position.

Arsenal bought Sanchez and Chelsea already have Hazard and Willian and Schurrle for the wings. They don't need wingers. Our wingers were shite and we needed to strengthen there as much as anywhere else. At least in the other positions we could say wait for the injured players to come back. The wings all we had was valencia, young and Januzaj.

Basically said he had not made that tweet(which everyone is talking about), someone else made it up.

So basically, he will go to City.

Arsenal signed Sanchez when they needed a stronger midfielder and a striker. Chelsea have done brilliantly in the transfer window.

Edit. Sorry I'll stop filling the twitter thread up.

Have to admit I wasn't that impressed with his defensive ability during the World Cup. Tidy enough on the ball but if he signed to be the defensive force in midfield then I would have liked someone else - admittedly judging him on one tournament isn't really fair.

Good addition to the squad though considering his versatility.

Status
Not open for further replies.