Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially when they do the opposite with our purchases. Shaw was £27m + add ons (for apps/titles etc) and they report it as £31m just so they can say he was the most expensive teenager in history.

Zaha was 15 million all over for some reason as well when it was 10 rising to 15. Doubt much of the add ons have been paid even so far.

Zaha was 15 million all over for some reason as well when it was 10 rising to 15. Doubt much of the add ons have been paid even so far.
I doubt any of them have given we haven't won anything and he's barely made any appearances. I think it just sensationalises the headline and makes our situation appear worse than it is.

I'll never understand the transfer market. In what world is Tom Cleverley who's in his last year of contract is going higher than Kagawa who still has two years left on his contract?

Just how the market worked. Cleverley is wanted by more clubs and is probably higher in the pecking order than Shinji. I hope we can get 10 million for TC to be honest, he's an England player whose got great potential.

If Kagawa played for Chelsea he'd cost Dortmund £20m.

The unpalatable truth is that Kagawa, for one reason and another, has been garbage for United. He's been a non-scoring and non-assisting no. 10 - don't think we can baulk at the free we're receiving. In any case, his wages won't be insubstantial, so good to get him out the club.

The unpalatable truth is that Kagawa, for one reason and another, has been garbage for United. He's been a non-scoring and non-assisting no. 10 - don't think we can baulk at the free we're receiving. In any case, his wages won't be insubstantial, so good to get him out the club.

He really hasnt.

He's been underwhelming and nowhere near as good as he was for Dortmund, but he's been okay/fairly good but not involved as much as you'd like for 9/10 of his matches and on rare occasions really good. Its just that you'd expect very good performances more often than he's put them in.

I agree that he hasnt done enough and that some posters do overrate him, especially his creativity which was never his main talent. At the same time I'd happily spend £15 million on him.

I find this hilarious...almost patronising. You are suggesting that the champions of Spain, CL runners up, would want United's 3rd string striker who cannot get a game in the team that finished 7th in England?

That is the thing though, we might be 7th... but he is having to compete with 2 major strikers of international pedigree.. at a top team where they have less competition for the number 9 spot, he might get more games. He'd be competing with Mandzukic?

Even at Real, they only have Benzema..

Plus Danny's build up play is top notch for a striker, it is his final third play which is dire.. some teams might be willing to take a gamble on him. One thing is for sure, we can't risk him exploding into life for a top 4 competitor.

But he was worried about Vidal's knee. Strootman had a much more serious injury did he not?
I think it was more to do with the way Vidal was rushed backed, obviously I'm guessing, but it makes sense in a way.

But he was worried about Vidal's knee. Strootman had a much more serious injury did he not?

This.

It seems to me that LVG is pinning all his hopes on Kevin Strootman, the sort of injury he suffered is one that could easily repeat itself if he isn't carefully brought back. Also, Roma have an excellent chance winning the Serie A this year, coupled with Champions League football anyone who thinks Roma are just going to roll over and give us Kevin is deluded.

But his club haven't tried to flog him off all summer like Vidals! That is a massive warning signal to me to be honest!

Did Juventus really try and flog him though? They've been saying all summer he isn't for sale.

This.

It seems to me that LVG is pinning all his hopes on Kevin Strootman, the sort of injury he suffered is one that could easily repeat itself if he isn't carefully brought back. Also, Roma have an excellent chance winning the Serie A this year, coupled with Champions League football anyone who thinks Roma are just going to roll over and give us Kevin is deluded.

Did Juventus really try and flog him though? They've been saying all summer he isn't for sale.
All the noise has been coming from them, it seemed at one point that they were giving us instructions of how to sign him and a time frame for it! Saying someone isn't for sale doesn't mean they aren't for sale. Maybe to save face with the fans.

United have arranged for a private jet to bring Daley Blind to Manchester this afternoon to complete his move. [mirror]

All the noise has been coming from them, it seemed at one point that they were giving us instructions of how to sign him and a time frame for it! Saying someone isn't for sale doesn't mean they aren't for sale. Maybe to save face with the fans.

I get that, you can never really take a clubs word for what it is but at the same time, being one of their best players I don't think they are desperate to sell.

Another one in!

I'll be happy if we sign on more player before Monday night then build on this in January and next summer. We could be back in business very soon!

Woody spoiled us, after each and every signing, we are all saying "1 or 2 more signings and we are good". We are being greedy. :D

Another one in!

I'll be happy if we sign on more player before Monday night then build on this in January and next summer. We could be back in business very soon!

Signing another player would be bonus. I'm already chuffed with our business. It's easily been our best window in years. We just need our players back from injury and we will be good

Another one in!

If we can get our injured players back, playing and staying fit. I think we are back now. Get a win today and confidence will grow

A Blind costs two Kagawas then. I hope he does well.. Seems good enough technically.

Strootman and Vidal isn't the same because Strootman wasn't rushed back into football a week after his surgery.

A Blind costs two Kagawas then. I hope he does well.. Seems good enough technically.
There's no way we would let Kagawa go back for that cheap without some sort of add on. First option on a player, agreement of a fee next summer for Hummels, keeping his image rights for shirt sales, the option to buy back if he comes good again. Who knows! But we wouldn't just let him walk out of here for less than Cleverly.

Status
Not open for further replies.