Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're in the state that everyone happy for whoever we sign but stop kidding yourself if blind was LvG's 1st choice he wouldn't need to drag it to the last day. Anyway, kiss your muppet CM good bye, boys, I give up on this battle:wenger:, 3 managers and we still cannot sign a worldclass ( or close to it) CM.

We're in the state that everyone happy for whoever we sign but stop kidding yourself if blind was LvG's 1st choice he wouldn't need to drag it to the last day. Anyway, kiss your muppet CM good bye, boys, I give up on this battle:wenger:, 3 managers and we still cannot sign a worldclass ( or close to it) CM.

Using your logic, ADM was available all summer and we sign him in the last week. Clearly 5th choice!

Fact is LVG wanted to give the squad a chance. Now he is shipping quite a few out and most likely going to bring another one in too.

We signed Herrera already.

Give Herrera a chance. Also, when everyone was reporting Di Maria at the same time, a few journos said that two more signings will follow, so there's still hope.

That was a joke mate. I rate Herrera But you cannot deny:
- Herrera isn't WC, yet.
- He was almost nobody to everyone a year ago. Top muppet signing? I think not.
Again it was a joke.

That was a joke mate. Irate Herrera But you cannot deny:
- Herrera isn't WC, yet.
Again it was a joke.

Erm everyone here was annoyed we didn't get him last season.

That was a joke mate. I rate Herrera But you cannot deny:
- Herrera isn't WC, yet.
Again it was a joke.

Fine. Technically speaking though, Di Maria played as a midfielder last season. :angel:

If the Blind news is true, it will denote our 4th left-footed signing of the window and a complete balancing of the entire left side of our first xi, which is definitely part of what LVG likes, having said that, I don't see how we can play a system that benefits all three of our supposed star attackers whilst also allowing for Di Maria, Herrara and Blind.

Di Maria's arrival should see us drop the 3-5-2, so the most likely line up I can think we'll use is:

----------------Rooney------Van Persie
----------------------Mata
----------Di Maria-----------Herrara
Shaw---------------Blind------------------Rafael/Valencia
---------Rojo/Evans--------Smalling/Jones
-------------------De Gea

But that lacks width, pace in the final third and is also too weak through the middle for the PL, seemingly, so it's a rather strange situation I think we find ourselves in if Blind is the conclusion of our summer business.

I don't think that team is good enough for 4th place and that's without considering the amount of time it might take for an entirely new midfield to settle, not forgetting injuries, either.

Waiting until January to supposedly sign Strootman (which is not the simple, easy and inevitable outcome some seem to think it is - why would Roma sell if they're in with a chance of lo Scudetto or have progressed into the K.O stages of the CL?) and going with what we have is severely underestimating the strength of the PL and our rivals for the 4th CL spot who have strong, balanced and more settled midfields than we do or will have if that's what we're going with until January.

Basically, that side would have to hit the ground from the off and prove itself exceptional, which looking at it with critical objectivity and in relation to the strength of our rivals as well as how teams fancy playing us these days, I don't see happening.

We need a quality midfielder before the window is done with, or getting 4th place is unrealistic, in my opinion.

Last edited:
Oh for fecks sake people are still spamming this thread again.

Rubbish fee. Oh well.
Must be quite hard to negotiate a fee up when it's clear the club wants to sell.

We've also got to take into account the wages that we'll be saving per year with Kagawa gone. Can't imagine him being on much less than £80k per week, so around £4million per year.

Shame to see him go but not surprised.

Will make it easier when we want to raid them.
Dont think it will. Next time we go there trying to buy players thryll be like 'hey, theres that guy who gave us kagawa for less than half ehat they gave us!! Hey! Ed! *snigger* yeah, yeah, hummels? 333 million!'

That guy's twitter AVI looks like someone just poked him in the wrong hole."][/

He liked that picture so much that he had to use it as on his twitter, he just photoshopped the cock away.

Last edited:
So that's the second time Arsenal are getting beaten by Roma for a signing. Manolas and now Rabiot.

Don't you feel anything?

3rd/4th choice on a list of midfielders is not good enough. We need world class midfielders, we can't afford to get a half-decent midfielder (plays 2 positions) when we don't even have a World class midfielder.

Our whole midfielder is even more mediocre than before. Herrera/Carrick are the onlys that are decent.
Panic, panic, panic, we haven't bought a £100 billion midfielder. :lol:

Aren't Roma reasonably stocked in midfield, do they really need another? Of course so are Arsenal really.
I don't know much about Rabiot but it seems like he might struggle to get into the team even with Strootman being eased back in. Or have I missed something here

£6.3m? Blimey we really are poor at negotiating fees when selling players! If he finds his previous form at Dortmund this season, I'd say £9m would be great value for Kagawa. But good luck to him, showed glimpses of what he's capable of but was far too inconsistent for us.

I'll never understand the transfer market. In what world is Tom Cleverley who's in his last year of contract is going higher than Kagawa who still has two years left on his contract?

I'll never understand the transfer market. In what world is Tom Cleverley who's in his last year of contract is going higher than Kagawa who still has two years left on his contract?
Ross fecking McCormack went for more than what Kagawa will join Dortmund for.

It's mind boggling it really is.

I think theres been a bit of miscommunication/shoddy journalism.

Most oitlets reporting it was between 8-10m fee for kagawa, however, that only 6.4m of that would be paid upfront (nothing unusual). Now reporting that 'the fee' is 6.4m?? Think thats shoddy reporting tbh

I think theres been a bit of miscommunication/shoddy journalism.

Most oitlets reporting it was between 8-10m fee for kagawa, however, that only 6.4m of that would be paid upfront (nothing unusual). Now reporting that 'the fee' is 6.4m?? Think thats shoddy reporting tbh
Especially when they do the opposite with our purchases. Shaw was £27m + add ons (for apps/titles etc) and they report it as £31m just so they can say he was the most expensive teenager in history.

Status
Not open for further replies.