Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Rafabio delete that tweet mate. Only transfer related tweets. United player tweets should be in the players' thread. Ask RedBistro, it didn't end well for him.

Probably best to be careful with the Di Maria tweets after recent warnings (and bans?) given to those who persisted with them.

This place is turned into some mini Facebook or something, I remember not long ago we had brilliant posters on here with some great/informative discussions. I wish my knowledge was great so I could contribute more. I wonder if this newly promoted bunch (2014) are the worse set of newbies promoted ever.. That's me included.

Looks like we've go our own mediocrity period on the 'Cafe, too!

LVG wisely distancing himself from Woody's incompetence.
Or because he does not do any of the transfer business himself, like any other manager. Managers only tell the CEO what players they want in and out, they take no part in the actual dealings. Mangers give the valuations of the players and give feedback to CEO. I honestly don't know why there is a fuss about that.

Woodward smashes transfer record for the muppet dream signing, and he's still a joke for some....
I was joking, I've backed Woodward since last Summer and I will continue to do so.

Although in fairness, that tweet is very misleading. The question was who does the transfers - him or woody and him - he replied saying that he's told Ed who he wants and that's all he'll do. He's on the sporting side of things. Ed Woodward does the transfer side.

What do you mean by Woody's incompetence. He brought four first team players in positions we were weak, something we never did before, broke british transfer record for a man of the match in the last CL final, spent 130m pounds and now as it looks like started to offload the deadwood.

Woodward did great work in this transfer window there is no doubt about that. Yes we are still weak in some areas, especially in midfield but it was stupid to expect that we can buy more than half new first team in one transfer window.

The transfer window is still open and we could still bring some new players in but even if we don't this is one of the best transfer windows ever for United.

What do you mean by Woody's incompetence. He brought four first team players in positions we were weak, something we never did before, broke british transfer record for a man of the match in the last CL final, spent 130m pounds and now as it looks like started to offload the deadwood.

Woodward did great work in this transfer window there is no doubt about that. Yes we are still weak in some areas, especially in midfield but it was stupid to expect that we can buy more than half new first team in one transfer window.

The transfer window is still open and we could still bring some new players in but even if we don't this is one of the best transfer windows ever for United.
Top post.

I agree. Woodward is getting criticism, however the mess was created over time and under different people.

Isn't it a bit weird that we're not being linked with anyone at this point? Vidal is almost certainly gone. Carvalho has not been contacted, Blind (paper rumours for weeks, nothing solid) and that's it. Though we are linked to Ajax wonderkid Mensah, but he goes into the reserves. No first team transfer rumours...

There was a time when competence meant silence but with three days to go, it's a bit unnerving.

How exactly has Woodward been incompetent? After an absolutely dire summer transfer window last year, he's completely turned things around.

I think many here were expecting another mess of a summer, but in actual fact, it really has turned out to be one of the best we've ever had. Lets be totally honest, could you EVER have imagined we'd spend this amount on players under Fergie and Gill? I highly doubt it. I'd have expected the "No value in the market" line by now in all honesty. Yes we're still weak in a few positions, but we're working on it. There is 3 days of the window left, more than enough time to sign a couple of players, and i seriously think we'll get atleast one midfielder in with several players leaving.

well said, all this Woody bashing is ridiculous.

How's that? After signing Shaw and Herrara in June which were done last year anyway, he went missing for two months. Now we are scrambling.
Put that down to LVG. He insisted that he evaluate everyone at the club before we sign. Di Maria was a waiting game and we have to admit Woodward did well to bring him for £60m. Real were asking for £75m apparently.

If someone had said to me at the end of last season that we'd sign Shaw, Herrera, Rojo and Di Maria up until now then I would've laughed at them. Woodward has delivered in this transfer window and I think he's gonna bring in one or two more players in before the window shuts.

How's that? After signing Shaw and Herrara in June which were done last year anyway, he went missing for two months. Now we are scrambling.

What do you mean scrambling ? We just signed Di Maria and Rojo and broke our transfer record in the process. Just because we haven't signed Vidal doesn't mean we haven't had a very good summer, which does actually include Shaw and Herrera, so CM, Winger, and two defenders, with one or two yet to come.

LVG wanted to assess the squad. He also changed Moyes' transfer targets so Woodward had to start from scratch with the new targets.

Confirmed output Chicharito Manchester United. Within hours to meet his new team

Status
Not open for further replies.