Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then what and who was Van Gaal on about yesterday ?

Daley Blind. Blind hasn't rejected a move (seems quite keen, in fact) but Ajax don't want to let him go for a less than generous fee. He's also the linchpin of their team and will be crucial to them in Europe, so I can understand their reluctance to sell.

Well done Woody. Brief that we're going hard for Vidal and others and talks are progressing, then brief a few days later that the deals are dead. That'll get the fans on your side. Top PR

This reaction of "OMG we're fecked" happens every time that we brief a journalist that we aren't signing anybody only for it to be proven wrong the next time. We are telling the journos feck all this time. Pretty sure we denied our interest in AdM a month back too.

We didn't deny ADM interest when the story started picking up this time though or a few days before.

This reaction of "OMG we're fecked" happens every time that we brief a journalist that we aren't signing anybody only for it to be proven wrong the next time. We are telling the journos feck all this time. Pretty sure we denied our interest in AdM a month back too.
We did tell them that there was no interest in Di Maria. We ain't talking to any journos especially if things are still in motion. Just wait and see people, let's not lose our shit every time a tweet of this ilk is posted!

Well done Woody. Brief that we're going hard for Vidal and others and talks are progressing, then brief a few days later that the deals are dead. That'll get the fans on your side. Top PR

Yeah, first they briefed back again for Vidal though knee issues persist. Then they briefed bit out of blue again that back again for Carvalho.

I guess both clubs at this stage are being rigid in selling.

We didn't deny ADM interest when the story started picking up this time though or a few days before.

That was only after Ballague had pretty much confirmed the Di Maria news by giving the exact financial details and shirt number. The club would've looked pretty stupid to deny the deal when all the things were in framework.

To be fair even the journos themselves don't seem to believe a lot of the info they're given from the club. Lets just see what happens.

If we just end up with Blind/De Jong though then we're in trouble....

The slow realization that more players may not be coming.
Its seems now we are doing a fire sale to get back some of the money we have already paid out. Its going to be a long season i think.:(
Looks like it. I don't know what their thinking is though if they expect us to compete for 4th with the current midfield.

Daley Blind. Blind hasn't rejected a move (seems quite keen, in fact) but Ajax don't want to let him go for a less than generous fee. He's also the linchpin of their team and will be crucial to them in Europe, so I can understand their reluctance to sell.

They have already said they won't stand in his way if he wants to go and they get a decent price. His price of 15 to 20 million is known for ages as well.

That was only after Ballague had pretty much confirmed the Di Maria news by giving the exact financial details and shirt number. The club would've looked pretty stupid to deny the deal when all the things were in framework.

No the rumors began flying though more mildly with Ladyman and co few days before Ballague breaking the fee agreed stuff too and from Spain and even Argentina. We were denying it earlier in the summer but didn't then.

Denying interest is one thing, saying "there will be no interest" is another. They have said there will be nothing happening.
It's a bit like when we said Ronaldo won't be sold. Then he was sold. Don't think any journo in this country has got anything right in regards to United this summer.

Don't see what the issue is, just said that we're not likely to sign Vidal, and Carvalho, not that our business is done, if people think we won't sign a DM by the end of Monday then they're crazy.

Personally think we'll get 2 more in, just a case of getting the game played tomorrow then the serious rumours will begin.

I am pretty sure we only tell journalists if we are 'interested/in for a player' if the deal to sign the player is very close.This saves face and not embarrass the club. Clearly from LVG's comments we looking for players to sign, maybe we are negotiating still for prices. Tat is why Daniel Taylor said he was "reluctant to post" because he knows there is something going on and Man utd had briefed them the exact thing about other players who have come.

feck. Really hoped we could get Vidal
Blind it is then. Won't bring that CM forward much at all

I'm surprised anyone actually thought we'd get Vidal after so little happening for so long. It's been offer for a while as far as I'm concerned.

I am pretty sure we only tell journalists if we are 'interested/in for a player' if the deal to sign the player is very close.This saves face and not embarrass the club. Clearly from LVG's comments we looking for players to sign, maybe we are negotiating still for prices. Tat is why Daniel Taylor said he was "reluctant to post" because he knows there is something going on and Man utd had briefed them the exact thing about other players who have come.

Or alternatively he was reluctant to post as he gets the blunt end of the stick from United fans venting out frustration on Taylor for delivering the bad news.

I don't think it is the same person who briefs them. Maybe the journos got Vidal/Carvalho from a source inside the club, and today they got something else from another.

Strootman must be nailed on for January but we still lack a defender and a midfielder.

Shame about Vidal. Kinda think it's not about the knee and more about money.

Not to gutted about Vidal. Always a long shot. Glad we at least have the answer to it now. Now lets get real and bring in some players. Getting rid of Cleverley (as poor as he can be) isn't something you do if you dont plan on buying another midfielder. Confident we'll bring a few in on Monday. Blind is a signing you can get done in an afternoon. He'd sign, Ajax will sell. Like to see another one, though. Could see us spring a surprise this Monday.

Strootman must be nailed on for January but we still lack a defender and a midfielder.

Shame about Vidal. Kinda think it's not about the knee and more about money.

Strootman is pointless in January. He'd need game time after missing so long. Take him a few months to get back to his best and adapt to a new league.

Strootman should be next seasons signing.

I think Blind is pretty good as a wingback, he was for Netherlands in the WC anyway, but we already bought Shaw and Rojo. Not seen much of him in any other position to comment, but Van Gaal likes players who can play more than one position to allow him to do his magical tactical switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.