Transfer Tweets - Europe - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though Plettenberg can get kind of speculative on news outside of Germany, the one thing he's not speculative on is Bayern news. He's always been reliable on them going back to his days with Sport1. With that said, these links to the other players all seem to indicate a preliminary interest from Bayern Munich. We'll see if they truly pursue these players in the future.

We know that Bayern Munich won't be getting any of Varane, Tomiyasu, or Araujo in January as they'll all be too expensive for them at this stage. Wirtz is bound to be a future possibility depending on the player's cost and desire.

For me it's the formulation. I mean, how concrete can it be when a journalist uses the formulation "tends to leaning towards"? And we're in November, it's 7 months until the summer window opens and as it seems right now 19 months until the transfer will likely happen. There are so many variables.

I mean, most articles quote an asking price of €130M. A good EC performance and a prolonged title challenge by Leverkusen won't make him any cheaper. Unless Wirtz switches from "tends to leaning towards" to "only wants to go to" Bayern, I'd say the transfer remains unlikely as it is simply too expensive.

The original report in Brazil came from Globo Esporte, which reported that the CBF has legally binding assurances of Ancelotti becoming their new head coach.

Last edited:

Source (Tier 1):

For several days now, the Brazilian press have been talking about Paris Saint-Germain making a move for Corinthians' 18-year-old midfielder Gabriel Moscardo. The deal is advanced, but Paris has yet to decide whether to make an official offer.

Source (Tier 1):

Last attempt for Mbappé: Real Madrid will go for him in 2024.
  • At Valdebebas they are preparing an offer to sign the Frenchman, although it will be up to him to make the move.
  • They will not wait for him until the end.

Bayern has allegedly already signed Bryan Zaragoza from FC Granada. He joins in the summer.

Bayern has allegedly already signed Bryan Zaragoza from FC Granada. He joins in the summer.

That's a bit weird, I thought you'd go for a CDM first and then RB and CB before you sign another attacker?

That's a bit weird, I thought you'd go for a CDM first and then RB and CB before you sign another attacker?
Those are definitely more pressing needs and I expect a DM and RB to arrive in January.
But for €15m you can't really go wrong since some random PL club would buy him even after a lost season for 25m+...

Gnabry might leave and Sané hasn't extended yet so it might also be a bit of "planning ahead".
Btw, I don't watch Granada so I have no opinion on the player.

Ignore Sport Witness' Chelsea & West Ham mentions. Hattabi & Denis only mention them in the article due to their prior interest; there's nothing indicating that they're still interested in Cherki.

Source (Tier 3 - Dahbia Hattabi):

• With great disappointment for Lyon, Rayan Cherki is no longer untransferable.
  • Lyon are even opening the door to a move this winter.
  • The asking price is around twenty million Euros, or a little more according to some sources
  • No concrete approaches for the moment

Status
Not open for further replies.