Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

United Pro

No idea, but he loves to stick the boot into us frequently. I just want to taste tears at the end of this, there will be many if it happens.
He is a United fan, but he's addressed this very point and said that he would prefer Sanchez to sign for City as it would make his life easier/more interesting.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
That's some supreme arrogance on display. They think players will turn down United and PSG and wait patiently for the chance to be with Uncle Pep. Tossers
Unfortunately this view is shared among many United fans on here as well.

superdry

touched by a genius
The deal winners got to be free sky, bt, and mutv on top of the 2million/day

Charles Miller

That's some supreme arrogance on display. They think players will turn down United and PSG and wait patiently for the chance to be with Uncle Pep. Tossers
In the case of South American players that could be a factor. But Sanchez is not a young guy willing to learn and evolve. He is in his peak; is not playing in the world cup this year, will probably be too old in 2022, then his priorities are probably differents.

MoBeats

Conspiracy Buff
Would be over the moon IF he signs for us. All we need for our starting XI after that is a dictating cm and a leftback. I know Shaw has been doing good lately but I think heˋs a coward going forward.
:confused:

cyberman

He and everyone else in media land are begging for Pep to make a late bid.
Yep, saying late last week doesn't make sense. What they mean is we reported Sanchez to City late last week so we can't seem to be wrong so well use the late change of heart excuse.
Unless Di Marzio literally broke the news on day 1 of Utd negotiations.

GM K

That 400k probably includes bonuses. The base wage should be closer to 250-300k.

In the world of crazy, jaw dropping, wages for professional footballers, Alexis Sanchez is one of those players worth 300k or more per week. I reckon he still has about three to four solid seasons in him.

GM K

Importantly it says Arsenal are interested in Mhki and were previously too. And Jose has said in regards to Mhki that every player has a price (except Fellaini?). So if Arsenal accept Mhki then the crucial need for a replacement in January removes the final obstacle to a January move. City are stuffed, quadruply stuffed, we offer higher wages, higher transfer fee, higher agent fee and a desired replacement. Would be quite a statement signing this one if we pull it off.
Malcolm. Almost a done deal.

I have a feeling part of our 'carrots' to get Sanchez, was to pull out of the chase for Malcolm so as to give Arsenal a free run. Clubs do that a lot behind the scenes. 'Give me that player and pay you X and also stop chasing that other one we are both after.'
Whatever the case, getting Sanchez will really make us stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.