Top 5 Managers currently in the Prem.

Sven Goran Erikson should make the list, surely?

Sir Alex and Wenger are shoulders above the rest. O'Neill and Big Sam would also make the list in my opinion.

In no particular order:

Wenger
Fergie
Benitez
Redknapp
Moyes

History is irrelivent. Resources wise, they have generally been (before this summer) miserly in the transfer market and it has shown with the collection of average players in their squad.

I'd say third place finishes is about right. Certainly, for them to have finished above United or Chelsea in the last four seasons would have represented an overachievement on their part.

They've spent heavily since Rafa came in, but he insists on buying several mediocre players instead of a fewer quality ones. He could have done much better with the resources at his disposal with regards to transfers imo.

1. SAF
2. Wenger
3. Hughes
4. O'Neal
5. Big Sam

I'm not just looking at league tables....

lets see what you lot think....

Allardyce? :lol: Classic...

The bloke who plays Taylor at RB, N'Zogbia at LB, Smith at defensive mid and Owen on the right wing...and manages a glorious 1-1 draw at woeful Sunderland...

Yeah, tactical genius...

back to back Uefa cup titles and beating barca 3-0 to win the European Super cup, in addition to building a team that was very much in the title race last season, but ended up with the Uefa cup and the Copa del Rey. they were on for the treble and got the double. and of course he can win in style playing good football, not Rafa's shit from stick... I think there's a difference between the two, and i haven't heard about Ramos being obessed with rotating players either, he also has an eye for bargains and spotting talent. so quite a few differences with Rafa!

Yeah, the difference is that Rafa has won major honours.

Actually he certainly has not made any impact on the league to warrant a top 5 position.

But yes, if we are taking other trophies into consideration, they would certainly make the top 5

Allardyce? :lol: Classic...

The bloke who plays Taylor at RB, N'Zogbia at LB, Smith at defensive mid and Owen on the right wing...and manages a glorious 1-1 draw at woeful Sunderland...

Yeah, tactical genius...

All managers have made feck ups like that. Benitez makes them game after game. I'm actually not too impressed with what he's doing at Newcastle - seems to be trying to make them into Bolton - but the recent form is not a fair way of judging him. Look at how Bolton have done since he left - he can do the job. A lot of it is about authority.

All managers have made feck ups like that. Benitez makes them game after game. I'm actually not too impressed with what he's doing at Newcastle - seems to be trying to make them into Bolton - but the recent form is not a fair way of judging him. Look at how Bolton have done since he left - he can do the job. A lot of it is about authority.

that just went over his head poor lad.... :)

How can you miss Curbs off;

Been managing for donkey's years

Led West Ham to survival when it seemed near on impossible

Has remained undefeated for 5 matches even though his team has had over 13 injuries at one point and he has been playing 2 defenders in midfield, a LB at RB at Right winger as a striker and more

Shortlisted for England Manager

Yes, he also engineered thier downfall to the relegation places.

Funny how Rafa isnt making any lists

Is that particularly surprising though? Quite frankly, he's Liverpool's greatest weakness, and while he's in charge, Liverpool will NOT win the League title.

The rotation policy just doesn't work, and everyone except Rafa can see that. What he's done in the league, with the resources he's had has quite honestly been poor.

1. SAF - best manager by a fair amount

2. Wenger - the closest challenger to SAF, but has not succeeded as much

3. David Moyes - does well to produce decent sides without big money

4. Mark Hughes - very good in the transfer market, and has turned Blackburn into a good team

5. Steve Coppell - very underrated manager, who has done brilliantly at Reading.

Why not others:

Redknapp - has bucket loads of money and can buy big

Curbishley - see above

Big Sam - despite spending heaps, still hasn't solved Newcastle's defensive problems

Harry
Wenger
SAF
Curbs
Rafa

I'm hoping that's in no particular order..

Mine..

Sir Alex
Wenger
Redknapp
Hughes

Can't think of anyone outstanding for the last one, so I'm going with Big Sam for his work with Bolton.

SAF
Wenger
Hughes
Harry
Moyes

Benitez is a very good manager but I do not think he has proven himself in the Premier League

SAF
Big Sam
Rafa
Wenger
Benitez

Jose would've made it just below SAF last season.

All time

Cloughie
SAF
Shankly
Sir Matt
Paisley