Top 5 Managers currently in the Prem.

I don't know what Big Sam is doing with Newcastle. I rated him higher at Bolton, this year he's gone down IMO.

1) Sir Alex
2) Wenger
3) Sven
4) Redknapp
5) Hughes

Is it just based on how they've done in the league? If so, I would probably agree with that.

the league is a big part....but lets remember O'Neal was in Scotland....and I am not just looking at trophy wins...guess I am looking at how stable each manager has made the clubs they have been in charge of......the ones I named have had a very positive impact on each club they have managed....

Ramos can prove to be a top manager in the Premier League if his record with Sevilla is anything to go by.

How can you miss Curbs off;

Been managing for donkey's years

Led West Ham to survival when it seemed near on impossible

Has remained undefeated for 5 matches even though his team has had over 13 injuries at one point and he has been playing 2 defenders in midfield, a LB at RB at Right winger as a striker and more

Shortlisted for England Manager

Has remained undefeated for 5 matches even though his team has had over 13 injuries at one point and he has been playing 2 defenders in midfield, a LB at RB at Right winger as a striker and more

Shortlisted for England Manage
r

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Shortlisted for England Manager

good call mate...
also Moyes needs a mention...some day he should be at a top club...Everton with what they have are a tough nut...

just like Rafa:nervous:

back to back Uefa cup titles and beating barca 3-0 to win the European Super cup, in addition to building a team that was very much in the title race last season, but ended up with the Uefa cup and the Copa del Rey. they were on for the treble and got the double. and of course he can win in style playing good football, not Rafa's shit from stick... I think there's a difference between the two, and i haven't heard about Ramos being obessed with rotating players either, he also has an eye for bargains and spotting talent. so quite a few differences with Rafa!

How can you miss Curbs off

There is about 10 other Managers I'd rate before Curbishley. He did good to keep Charlton up for so many years but his specialty is middle table. If your goal is to finish mid table he's probably your man. Pardew led you to the FA Cup final and UEFA Cup in your first year back up. I don't think Curbishley will match that for awhile.

There is about 10 other Managers I'd rate before Curbishley. He did good to keep Charlton up for so many years but his specialty is middle table. If your goal is to finish mid table he's probably your man. Pardew led you to the FA Cup final and UEFA Cup in your first year back up. I don't think Curbishley will match that for awhile.

Well he has managed to get a reserve team to 10th in the league with a game in hand over a lot of teams

He has managed to get us into the quarter finals of the Carling Cup

He managed to get players like Neill, Ljunberg, Bellamy, Dyer and Faubert to sign, players of the calibre that under Pardew we would never have managed to sign.

He has done much better than Pardew has and I bet you if you ask any WH fan who they would rater have at the helm 99% will says Curbs over Pards

Based on their CV:

Fergie
Wenger
Rafa
Ramos
O'Neil

Based on their league performances:

Fergie
Wenger
Hughes
Moyes
Big Sam

I don't know what Big Sam is doing with Newcastle. I rated him higher at Bolton, this year he's gone down IMO.

1) Sir Alex
2) Wenger
3) Sven
4) Redknapp
5) Hughes

give big sam a fecking chance, newcastle have been a mess for years it'll take more than a couple of months to turn them around

give big sam a fecking chance, newcastle have been a mess for years it'll take more than a couple of months to turn them around

Agreed, they have probably bought as poorly as any team this decade

Redknapp, Hughes and Big Sam have overachieved

O'Neill has also done very well, as have Wenger and Fergie who are legends but with the best resources

Rafa has underachieved

Grant is unproven in the Premier League as is Ramos

I hate to say it but Rafa should at least be in the top 5.

SAF and Wenger are in a class of their own.

After that, you have to give Benitez and even Ericsson some credit for his trophies, though both are idiots in many respects. Moyes, Coppell, O'Neill, Hughes, Redknapp, Big Sam and Curbishley are all decent managers. I think Billy Davies is, too. Not his fault Derby can't cut it in the prem. Don't know much about Ramos.

The Guardian ran a story about 'Arry being THE best the other day.

The Guardian ran a story about 'Arry being THE best the other day.

The greatest managers cannot only be judged on trophies alone. Redknapp has a terrific record throughout his managerial career and is up there with the best in England. His questionable character traits have probably kept him from the best club jobs or even the England one though.

I put this to you: If Avram Grant wins the League or Champions League, does that make him a better manager than Redknapp - who may for arguments sake - take Pompey to 6th place?

Achievements are all relative. Relative to the constraints placed upon the gaffer at a club. I'd say that even with a good level of success, people would say that Grant has his foundations built for him yet Redknapp did all his own work.

Great manager, with just one blot on the copybook - going down with Southampton.

I hate to say it but Rafa should at least be in the top 5.

Not if you base it on League form. If anything he's underacheived, obviously he's done very well in Cup competitions.

Not if you base it on League form. If anything he's underacheived, obviously he's done very well in Cup competitions.

Has he really underachieved? I'd say he was about bang on to be honest. Habitually finishing behind United and Chelsea (looking at the quality of all three clubs) is about par for the course.

Has he really underachieved? I'd say he was about bang on to be honest. Habitually finishing behind United and Chelsea (looking at the quality of all three clubs) is about par for the course.

Not with a club of Liverpools history and resources. I'm sure their fans would agree that Benitez should of been alot closer to winning a Championship than he has. 20 points is a big gap.

Not with a club of Liverpools history and resources. I'm sure their fans would agree that Benitez should of been alot closer to winning a Championship than he has. 20 points is a big gap.

History is irrelivent. Resources wise, they have generally been (before this summer) miserly in the transfer market and it has shown with the collection of average players in their squad.

I'd say third place finishes is about right. Certainly, for them to have finished above United or Chelsea in the last four seasons would have represented an overachievement on their part.

History is irrelivent. Resources wise, they have generally been (before this summer) miserly in the transfer market and it has shown with the collection of average players in their squad.

I'd say third place finishes is about right. Certainly, for them to have finished above United or Chelsea in the last four seasons would have represented an overachievement on their part.

Ok well even by that logic he's underacheieved more than he has overacheived. Considering they've finished 5th, but not 2nd...

Ferguson
Hughes
O'Neill
Moyes
Redknapp
Wenger.
Oops that's six...