Throwing pts against Arsenal?

Mike Smalling

Delete this thread. The idea that we will somehow be able to influence the outcome of the game on Sunday in terms of Win/Draw/Loss is a complete fantasy.

Grande

But this is not an all conquering Liverpool team, which makes it much more small time. Despite the caf paranoia about Klopp's farewell heading towards a mini quadruple, they weren't favourites for the title or the FA cup as long as City were around.
Well, it’s still a very strong Liverpool, much better than us the last few years, and much better than us this season, and have humiliated us 5-0, 4-0 and 7-0 quite recently - so I’ll take it and enjoy it if you don’t mind!

Roboc7

We are going to be completely humiliated and it will be a shock if it isn’t our biggest defeat of then season. Our biggest contribution will be ensuring City have no chance of goal difference gap.

Eddy_JukeZ

Somehow, I think we'll get a draw in this game which might end Arsenal's title hopes.

Mike Smalling

Somehow, I think we'll get a draw in this game which might end Arsenal's title hopes.
It would be kind of typical for this team, but I think there are some big differences to the Liverpool games, where we got the results against the expectations. First of all, the cracks were already beginning to show for Liverpool, whereas Arsenal are firing on all cylinders. Second, there are still major doubts about which players we can actually use in central defense. If it ends up being Casemiro again, we're doomed. I'd also say that the players and the fans will probably be slightly less up for it against Arsenal vs. the archenemy Liverpool.

I'm so confident of a loss by more than two goals, that I'm considering a bet on it.

EireRed_GS

we dont need to 'throw' anything, they will batter us whether we like it or not

El-Manos

Throw points… haven’t we been doing that all season? Or are you telling me we’ve been playing like this deliberately.

moodyred

We need to help better their goal difference. We can do better than 4 nil. Maybe 6 or 7?

weizxx

We can't throw pts since we will lose it anyway, but we can make Arsenal's goal difference bigger :wenger::wenger:

Dr. StrangeHate

Can we just play the kids. It would be a free hit. Even if we lose 8-0 would it really matter.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
With the title race being this close it'll come down to us against Arsenal soon.

I know the standard line would be fight for every pts. But with nothing to play for and possibly City winning 4 in a row.

What says the caf?

PS: I dont think it'll come to that, but by the stroke of luck we're winning that game
Like we have a choice in it anyway? We're getting comfortably beat either way.

Hammondo

Well since we built up so many points Vs the weaker teams recently, we are free to lose a few points in these tougher games... :(

Yakuza_devils

The way we play against Palace, we will create another new record vs Arsenal. 50 shots against us and 8-0. This is what ETH meant by dynamic and entertaining, defending 50 shots in a game.

Baneofthegame

We won’t need to as we are terrible, can’t see us getting a point in the last three games.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I don't want us to win tomorrow. There, I've said it. What would be ideal - for me - would be a really good performance, outplaying Arsenal, but them to score a lucky winner. I really, really don't want City to win the title.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hehe, we have no choice other than to give Arsenal the points, whatever our intentions.

Banana Republic

The pressure is on Arsenal.
City are 2 points in the lead after today’s win at Fulham.
Both teams have 2 games left.
Arsenal need to win both remaining fixtures ( inc. beating Utd at OT tomorrow) and hope City drop points.

If City win both games (away at Spurs on Tuesday night and home to West Ham on the final day), then it makes no difference what Arsenal do. It’s City’s title.
If we draw or win against Arsenal, it’s City’s title.
Arsenal have no option but to go for it tomorrow.

CallyRed

We will probably end up drawing, which will be shit for both sides.