Television Tho Prop Grops Throps

Storyline or not, Rock will draw more crowds than anyone in current roster. Without Lesnar and Punk now injured, they could do with a bit more star power. And things just line up...Rollins needs an opponent and Rock was available.

Sure backroom stuff with Vince, TKO etc all played a part.

And Bayley looks to have gained weight. Haven't seen the show for some time and the difference with NXT is obvious.
They sold 90,000 tickets on the first day Mania tickets went on sale last August.

Mania is a different beast. It's an attraction itself now. It didn't need Rock and he won't be hanging around.

Probably the only person delusional enough to think they don’t need to re-pivot is Black Adam.

Just saw the video. Cody looking so sad giving the shot away to Rock and walking back up the ramp as if his dog just died is just to transparent to me. HHH is Daniel Bryaning everybody and you just can’t see it yet

There is no way what wwe are saying that rock roman was always the plan, it is just them to make people back rock roman story. If that was the case rock should have won the rumble. The whole nonsense of cody winning the rumble, only to be announced for SD and confronting roman screams it was list minute changes.

Rock Roman is a money match and it will still be a money match but wwe made a big mistake of how they have reached the conclusion. Rock coming in the rumble and eliminating Punk and cody would have been fun.

Storyline or not, Rock will draw more crowds than anyone in current roster. Without Lesnar and Punk now injured, they could do with a bit more star power. And things just line up...Rollins needs an opponent and Rock was available.

Sure backroom stuff with Vince, TKO etc all played a part.

And Bayley looks to have gained weight. Haven't seen the show for some time and the difference with NXT is obvious.

This arguement usually makes sense but mania sold so many tickets without rock. Nor Lesnar. And before punk returned.
Also wwe business has been at an all time high with so many sell out arenas and shows (inc house shows) with people like reigns and cody positioned as the top stars amongst others.

I am interested to see if this has an immediate increase in tickets or any correlation as that stuff always fascinates me. However right now is different to the 10s and early 20s for people coming to shows

It won't increase tickets.... but it'll increase interest and specifically engagement, and that's as obvious as day from the last 2 days. Without actually announcing anything. They have been exceptionally coy around this, I just watched Cody's post-RR press conference again, and yes, he's absolutely clear he wants Roman, but he also says he doesn't care when and drops "Summerslam or Elimination Chamber" in there, but he makes it clear that his endgame is Roman. On Smackdown, he specifically goes with that he's "coming for you Roman Reigns... but not at Wrestlemania".

Have they just thrown a massive bag at Roman to work EC? Boy does that show need it at this point, and they've clearly, whether unintentionally or not, laid the groundwork to get there, and deliver Rock-Roman at 40 as the cherry on top. It's still a bit messy, but they are working in a very messy situation right now with Punk injured, Brock out and everything else that'll come from the Vince shit.

It won't increase tickets.... but it'll increase interest
I'm defo intrigued. I always enjoy the road to mania and mania itself.
The crowd reactions always fascinate me too as a fan, but defo interested to see where it goes. I'm wondering if there's a big msg event where Cody can win it at.

They also do have possibilities where they do something like Roman/rock and Seth/Cody. If Cody hadn't used the words "not at mania" they also could have done the above at night one and then the two winners face each other at mania night 2. Have undisputed but not merge the titles.
Or just merge it since WWE likes to introduce a new title every year anyway :lol:

But yes, this has been picked up by USA today, TMZ and such.

I think they should get Reigns drop the title in EC with a Rock interference to Cody. Then title vs title in WM with the other one a match for the head of table.

They can then get Priest to cash in soon after WM for one of the titles.

I'm not really clued into wrestling that much but i mean i know fans are going absolutely nuts about this Rock vs Roman thing and not Cody.

I mean as an outsider it's clearly a work isn't it? and it will be Cody vs Roman at wrestlemania.

They obviously want to do something right now too take some of the attention off what's happening with McMahon and this is it.

I think they should get Reigns drop the title in EC with a Rock interference to Cody. Then title vs title in WM with the other one a match for the head of table.

They can then get Priest to cash in soon after WM for one of the titles.
This makes sense, and they probably need to pivot after all the backlash.

I'm not really clued into wrestling that much but i mean i know fans are going absolutely nuts about this Rock vs Roman thing and not Cody.

I mean as an outsider it's clearly a work isn't it? and it will be Cody vs Roman at wrestlemania.

They obviously want to do something right now too take some of the attention off what's happening with McMahon and this is it.
I think the plan is definitely Rock vs Roman, they just had to find a way to change plans

Rock Vs. Roman doesn't need the strap to sell it, however Cody Vs. Rollins for all the beans will put that match over some more, give Preist a cash in on Raw ala Dolph if you don't want a unified champion.

No, it may be a triple threat but Rock will 100% involved now.

Cody didn’t say he won’t be challenging Roman and Rock didn’t say anything at all so it’s all speculation at this point. There’s still two months until Mania and I’d be very surprised if it doesn’t end up with Roman v Cody in the main event. Maybe they could go with Roman v Rock night one, for the title if they must and then Cody awaits the winner (Roman) on night two.

Cody didn’t say he won’t be challenging Roman and Rock didn’t say anything at all so it’s all speculation at this point. There’s still two months until Mania and I’d be very surprised if it doesn’t end up with Roman v Cody in the main event. Maybe they could go with Roman v Rock night one, for the title if they must and then Cody awaits the winner (Roman) on night two.

Honestly that would be worse than just making Cody wait. Roman's title reign needs to end the right way, with someone pinning him completely clean. Anything less is a waste, given how much has been sacrificed to sustain this reign.

Just caught up on Smackdown.

Seems to me WWE/TKO have gone with the money over what the full-time wrestling fan would want to see.

Every fan wants to see Cody finish the story and as many have said, wouldn't mind waiting for The Rock. That being said you can't dispute WrestleMania will pull more buys with The Rock main eventing. It may also be that this is the only time he could fit in his schedule. Beyond being Hollywood A list he isn't getting any younger either.

Very frustrating overall, Cody deserves the match and spotlight. An I can't help but think having the title involved removes any jeopardy from the match as The Rock won't win that, if he did it further burys the main card.

Hopefully the throw a curve ball and it isn't as clear cut as it appears. Could they dare have Roman have two matches at mania, one each night!?!?

Night one - Roman vs Rock, Solo and Co interfere and Roman sneaks the win.

Night two - Roman vs Cody, Rock stops the interference to get a measure of revenge and Cody wins the match.

Too much to wish for?

The rock died in 2004. Any appearance since then has just been Dwayne Johnson the Hollywood superstar cosplaying the rock. Maybe he'll reach deep down and truly get back into what made him the most electrifing man in sports entertainment but I doubt he has the drive for that at his age

I'm stunned pivot isn't trending at this point. Word of the weekend.... legit never seen it used before in wrestling circles, now it's everyone's favourite word :lol:

Just caught up on Smackdown.

Seems to me WWE/TKO have gone with the money over what the full-time wrestling fan would want to see.

Every fan wants to see Cody finish the story and as many have said, wouldn't mind waiting for The Rock. That being said you can't dispute WrestleMania will pull more buys with The Rock main eventing. It may also be that this is the only time he could fit in his schedule. Beyond being Hollywood A list he isn't getting any younger either.

Very frustrating overall, Cody deserves the match and spotlight. An I can't help but think having the title involved removes any jeopardy from the match as The Rock won't win that, if he did it further burys the main card.

Hopefully the throw a curve ball and it isn't as clear cut as it appears. Could they dare have Roman have two matches at mania, one each night!?!?

Night one - Roman vs Rock, Solo and Co interfere and Roman sneaks the win.

Night two - Roman vs Cody, Rock stops the interference to get a measure of revenge and Cody wins the match.

Too much to wish for?

Yeah they need to seriously consider this. They can’t have the fans shitting on Reigns/Rock which tbh I doubt will happen but even some negativity would be a bad look. They need to know something is coming for Cody. Maybe Cody could even face @noodlehair on night one in some sort of ‘feck your story’ match.

The Rock Vs Roman will have more people watching and paying attention to it plus Wrestlemania has always been about having a main event with the biggest names. The original one was a mix of wrestling and show business. We also had exactly the same thing last year when Cody benefitted from being the bigger star and got the shot at Roman at Wrestlemania and defeated Sami in Canada before that when the story was for Sami to be the one who beats him and they had that unique oppertunity to have it happen at a huge show in Canada. Fortunately for The Rock theres no bigger star to come in and take his spot for Wrestlemania and now hes part owner in TKO there arent many voices who can tell him no.

The rock died in 2004. Any appearance since then has just been Dwayne Johnson the Hollywood superstar cosplaying the rock. Maybe he'll reach deep down and truly get back into what made him the most electrifing man in sports entertainment but I doubt he has the drive for that at his age
His best work was as Hollywood rock but it's hard to bring him back as a heel

His best work was as Hollywood rock but it's hard to bring him back as a heel
Everybody is in on it these days. He could easily turn imo. Even Hollywood Rock only lasted a couple of months and did the job to a legendary degree

Yeah they need to seriously consider this. They can’t have the fans shitting on Reigns/Rock which tbh I doubt will happen but even some negativity would be a bad look. They need to know something is coming for Cody. Maybe Cody could even face @noodlehair on night one in some sort of ‘feck your story’ match.

I'm not sure what you lot want tbh?

We got Roman vs Cody last year. It was crap. Roman won. After the match the narrative was that it was dumb that Roman won and that WWE were keeping the title on Reigns for a WM with The Rock.

Then, only a few weeks ago, The Rock teased this match actually happening, and there was no negativity at all towards it. It was in fact about the only exciting thing that's happened on Raw since last year's WM.

Then Cody won the rumble, and it was boring, and through that a lot of wrestling fans have created this dumb narrative that it HAS to be Cody's year to beat Reigns. His "story", which he wants to finish, absolutely has to be finished THIS year, vs Reigns, or else....and you'll even go as far as to suggest fans will ruin Rock vs Reigns purely out of spite. How childish is this?

It had to be Cody's year last year when they built the entire rumble around Cody's return (literally made every other wrestler on the roster meaningless), built the whole main event of Mania around Cody being the first in his family to win the WWE title...and then they had him lose. That was when there was a story. Now there is just entitled wrestling fans wanting to dictate what matches they get and who wins them, and coming up with the most boring and dull of narratives around them. I don't want to see this happen and have the most boring Wrestlemania of all time just so entitled wrestling nerds can get their way (and then probably complain about it being boring anyway).

Rock vs Roman is more exciting than Cody vs Roman, again. Rock vs Roman has a story to it. They are cousins. Roman has spent a good part of the last few years screwing and manipulating with The Rock's family. EVERYONE credible in WWE who could beat Roman has already had a go (including Cody). It makes sense and is interesting. It also means we get to see The Rock at Mania one more time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

You're all acting like Cody is some genuine real life super hero who WWE have screwed over. He came back and has immediately been pushed as the main face of the company, given the best entrance, etc. They've had him win the rumble, twice. He's had the likes of Seth and Lesnar put him over. The only time he's been made to look a chump is when he lost at Mania last year, and more recently when he made himself look like one by agreeing to do a press conference after the McMahon stuff came to light so he could be a human shield for HHH and co....and then when he inevitably got asked about it gave a complete bullh*t "Yeah sex trafficking vulnerable women is bad but you know we're all family and we just had the Royal Rumble so its not important" answer. When what he should have done is said "I'm not doing that press conference. You clean up your own crap" like any self respecting moral person would have.

If this isn't all some sort of work (and I don't think it is tbf), I can see them changing plans and going back to Cody in some way depending on live crowd reaction.

This isn't the reaction they would have wanted or the rock envisioned and looks a royal cock up. Tonight's raw will be interesting.

I'm not sure what you lot want tbh?

We got Roman vs Cody last year. It was crap. Roman won. After the match the narrative was that it was dumb that Roman won and that WWE were keeping the title on Reigns for a WM with The Rock.

Then, only a few weeks ago, The Rock teased this match actually happening, and there was no negativity at all towards it. It was in fact about the only exciting thing that's happened on Raw since last year's WM.

Then Cody won the rumble, and it was boring, and through that a lot of wrestling fans have created this dumb narrative that it HAS to be Cody's year to beat Reigns. His "story", which he wants to finish, absolutely has to be finished THIS year, vs Reigns, or else....and you'll even go as far as to suggest fans will ruin Rock vs Reigns purely out of spite. How childish is this?

It had to be Cody's year last year when they built the entire rumble around Cody's return (literally made every other wrestler on the roster meaningless), built the whole main event of Mania around Cody being the first in his family to win the WWE title...and then they had him lose. That was when there was a story. Now there is just entitled wrestling fans wanting to dictate what matches they get and who wins them, and coming up with the most boring and dull of narratives around them. I don't want to see this happen and have the most boring Wrestlemania of all time just so entitled wrestling nerds can get their way (and then probably complain about it being boring anyway).

Rock vs Roman is more exciting than Cody vs Roman, again. Rock vs Roman has a story to it. They are cousins. Roman has spent a good part of the last few years screwing and manipulating with The Rock's family. EVERYONE credible in WWE who could beat Roman has already had a go (including Cody). It makes sense and is interesting. It also means we get to see The Rock at Mania one more time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

You're all acting like Cody is some genuine real life super hero who WWE have screwed over. He came back and has immediately been pushed as the main face of the company, given the best entrance, etc. They've had him win the rumble, twice. He's had the likes of Seth and Lesnar put him over. The only time he's been made to look a chump is when he lost at Mania last year, and more recently when he made himself look like one by agreeing to do a press conference after the McMahon stuff came to light so he could be a human shield for HHH and co....and then when he inevitably got asked about it gave a complete bullh*t "Yeah sex trafficking vulnerable women is bad but you know we're all family and we just had the Royal Rumble so its not important" answer. When what he should have done is said "I'm not doing that press conference. You clean up your own crap" like any self respecting moral person would have.
My comment was tongue in cheek tbh :lol: I’m really not that against it but the thing is the rock isn’t going to win so it means Roman holds the belt longer which is just becoming really grating.
The Rock is 51 and hasn’t wrestled in ten years so probably won’t last too long and it probably won’t be a particularly good match. There’s also going to be very little build because both don’t really do shows.
If he’s not going to win (which he won’t) what’s the fecking point really?. I’d be much more for it if I felt he’d win and romans reign of terror ended.

It’s not entitled wrestling fans at all wanting to dictate storylines. People genuinely really like Cody Rhodes and have really wanted him to take the belts from Roman. Whatever you think of the storyline or how we’ve got to this point (him not winning last year was very stupid yes) he’s very, very popular, at shows, online, with all kinds of wrestling fans.
I know you’re not a massive fan of Cody but a lot of people are and that’s why we’re getting the reaction that’s happening. It’s not people being entitled it’s people really liking Cody Rhodes. The same way they really liked Daniel Bryan.

Drew is on fire, I'd say he should be getting the Seth match at WM but didnt they do that on Raw recently

Loving McIntyre at the moment, he says what we’re all thinking a lot of the time twisted with his weird delusional angle. :lol: