Things about football that get you unreasonably annoyed…

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Any football clip on YouTube having just godawful music attached to it. Always some rubbish EDM or mumble rap by numbers thing. Can't they just leave the broadcast sounds in?
I agree. But the sound is removed because YouTube scans the audio and removes for copyright violation. From what I remember, no humans are involved. It just removes the content. That was of about 3 years ago though. Might have changed.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I agree. But the sound is removed because YouTube scans the audio and removes for copyright violation. From what I remember, no humans are involved. It just removes the content. That was of about 3 years ago though. Might have changed.
Wouldn't music also be scanned and removed for the same reason? Or perhaps the music is always rubbish because it's been made by some kid in his bedroom and doesn't need to be cleared.

mjstokes85

The fact that if a goal is scored in the 90 +1 minute of the game it's said to be in the 91st minute, disregarding the fact the first half might have been 45 +5 minutes, which would actually make 90 +1 minutes 90+6 minutes when the goal was scored.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
The fact that if a goal is scored in the 90 +1 minute of the game it's said to be in the 91st minute, disregarding the fact the first half might have been 45 +5 minutes, which would actually make 90 +1 minutes 90+6 minutes when the goal was scored.
Jesus Christ :lol:

daveskimufc

When the players don't put the ball on the line for corners etc etc, taking the extra inch "advantage" to then STILL not beat the first man

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Excessive discussions about honest referee mistakes. It happens. It’s part of the game. Get over it and move on.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
People who complain about an offside decision because the player was only 1cm offside. "That's not the spirit of the rules!" they screech.

Well you've got to have a borderline somewhere. There's got to be a point where they are, and a point where they aren't, offside.

So all that you're arguing for is that instead of the dividing line being whether you're ahead of the defender or not, it should be whether you're ahead or less than 1cm behind. Does that seem like a simpler and more sensible rule?

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
It’s probably already been said before but players faking head injuries. They get cropped and they start holding their head. Refs being stupid and falling for it, you can clearly see the players head wasn’t touched at all it was his leg :lol:

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
But the 2nd half doesn’t start from 50 minutes :lol: it restarts from 45 so therefore it would be the 91st minute that the goal was scored in.

killerboi2

Any football clip on YouTube having just godawful music attached to it. Always some rubbish EDM or mumble rap by numbers thing. Can't they just leave the broadcast sounds in?
Agreed for the most part, but there are some that I remember when I was young that I now associate the song with the player. Anyone else experience this?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
People who celebrate City's victories as some kind of amazing feat.

People who parrot off we've spent there or thereabouts what City have.

Ole'sgunnarwin

It’s probably already been said before but players faking head injuries. They get cropped and they start holding their head. Refs being stupid and falling for it, you can clearly see the players head wasn’t touched at all it was his leg :lol:
Refs aren't being stupid. If someone is holding their head, they have to stop no matter what. They can't take the risk. Unfortunately with the way rules are players take advantage of these things.

Melville Red

Agree, it’s happening a lot since this rule was brought in. I also hate the way players go down looking for a free kick, when one is not forthcoming they then quickly get up, IF their team has the ball, if the ball is near his penalty area he‘ll Suddenly grab his head. It’s fecking cheating and it’s pissing me off, even when our own players do it.

Melville Red

Refs aren't being stupid. If someone is holding their head, they have to stop no matter what. They can't take the risk. Unfortunately with the way rules are players take advantage of these things.
Why can’t play continue when the player gets treatment? It use to many years back and still happens in rugby.

RuudTom83

When an attacker barges into an opposition defender near the corner flag...lifetime of watching football and they still fall for it every time!

Gives away a soft free-kick and all the pressure is gone...dumbarses

Kaos

People who celebrate City's victories as some kind of amazing feat.

People who parrot off we've spent there or thereabouts what City have.
Absolutely this. Tbh its mostly coming from pundits and the media, desperate to hail City as some new age footballing sauvants, ignoring the 116 ton elephant in the room. Most footballing fans see it for what it is though and consider their success vacuous and forgettable, even their own fans probably see it as a hollow even if they won't admit it. And no its not entirely bitterness.

Whenever Klopp's Liverpool get talked up its 100% bitterness on my part though :lol:

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
The fact that Jamie Carragher, a man whose job it is to talk about football and football players, is still saying Erland Haaland.

Every single time.

Not like he's one of the most high profile players on the planet or anything.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Upside down scarves. It’s not hard to hold them the right way.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Wouldn't music also be scanned and removed for the same reason? Or perhaps the music is always rubbish because it's been made by some kid in his bedroom and doesn't need to be cleared.
Yeah they use royalty free music in General. And it’s always shite. Which is mad as there are millions of generic beats that would work as background noise for a ball being leathered at goal.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
"If that happened to Man United, it would never be given/absolutely be given" type posts.
Same. Most notably ones involving challenges and how they'd be a red for Casemiro, despite Casemiro getting away with his fair share of fouls that could easily be 2nd yellows.

Also posts about how we got a decision incorrectly given our way, so now referees are punishing us with decisions against us, for several months. Tin foil hatted nonsense.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Why can’t play continue when the player gets treatment? It use to many years back and still happens in rugby.
Because it's dangerous, for example Raul Jimenez or Ryan Mason had very serious injuries. You can't just play on while they're down.

Melville Red

Because it's dangerous, for example Raul Jimenez or Ryan Mason had very serious injuries. You can't just play on while they're down.
Health and safety gone mad, the vast majority of stoppages are for nothing injuries when they just sit down, instead of doing that they should should walk off the pitch and get treatment their, easy to communicate to the ref nowadays what’s going on.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Health and safety gone mad, the vast majority of stoppages are for nothing injuries when they just sit down, instead of doing that they should should walk off the pitch and get treatment their, easy to communicate to the ref nowadays what’s going on.
I agree that the vast majority are nothing injuries but it just takes one incident in a 100 that could lead to a serious injury or even worse. That's why it has to be stopped

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The obsession with talking about "moments".

G Nev can't go one commentary without it.

Adz_99

Putting the ball out for injured players.

In theory it's good sportsmanship but more often than not the guy on the floor is just rolling around to waste time. Leave it to the ref/assistants to decide if the game needs to be stopped. Until then play on.

The Purley King

Putting the ball out for injured players.

In theory it's good sportsmanship but more often than not the guy on the floor is just rolling around to waste time. Leave it to the ref/assistants to decide if the game needs to be stopped. Until then play on.
The thing is about that is that they all know how much everyone cheats.
Because everyone does it.
Just play on and magically the prone player will somehow (laws of medicine begone) will get up , limp a little for a few paces and then (if the ball is within 10 yards) effortlessly move into a sprint.
And everyone is ok with that.
Commentators (who did this 5 times a game themselves) will not say a thing…….

Malons

Not football as such, but overused in football discussion. "Mental gymnastics" now just means 'something said that I disagree with'

I think he's good in the air
"Lool mental gymnastics"

Ole'sgunnarwin

Just watching the Norwich vs Leeds match. Norwich just had a corner and played a one two and it was given offside. This happens far too often and I can't think of anything as stupid as this.