The Rise Of Ruben Amorim

Unfortunately that’s probably true. I’ll be very fecking upset if the scum end up getting him.

Yeah I would feel a bit less resigned to it IF they hadn't just announced Viana as new DOF. So annoying how they seemingly get their way with everything.

Doesnt say much, but Erik ten Hag destroyed him in the CL both home and away in the season before he joined United. Sporting seems to have improved a lot since then.

I don't know a lot about Sporting Lisbon -

But the difference between him & Ten Hag is really down to Ajax.

Ajax had a great deal of young players coming through at the time Ten Hag took over and coached them very well.

We have seen this with him coaching Mainoo & Garnacho well.

However, I'm not sure he actually built Ajax up. Felt like a young Ajax were built for him to coach by the heirachy of Ajax.

This is seen by his building of United with consistent poor transfers & even players he has coached before being a waste of money and being very poor quality. Most of the players he coached at Ajax came through the youth system such as Onana, De Ligt, De Jong, Mazroui etc.

Now with regards to Ruben Amorim has the team been built up for him by Sporting Lisbon heriachy?

It doesn't matter as much since now INEOS seem to have much more of a say on transfers than the manager alone - but if Amorim helped build Sporting up then it does show that he has an eye for quality in a player, something Ten Hag unfortunately lacks.

However, I'm not sure he actually built Ajax up. Felt like a young Ajax were built for him to coach by the heirachy of Ajax.
He didn't. And that squad wasn't built for him, Overmars built it for Ajax. Ajax don't build for managers, they build for their style they have as a club.

EtH took over a very young team that had reached the EL final under Peter Bosz which they lost against United. Somehow a lot of United fans don't seem to be aware of this, which is kind of amusing. He did get them on track again after Bosz failed to build on that himself and was sacked, but he took over a squad full of amazing talent and extraordinary quality (for a Dutch team).

He was my choice to replace ETH but the club dawdled and now he's a banker to go to city.

This is what they did with pep - get in his pals from Barcelona so the transition was all nice and easy. Pep is gone after this season I'm sure if it, and they'll be nicely set up with this guy for the next 5 years.

He was my choice to replace ETH but the club dawdled and now he's a banker to go to city.

This is what they did with pep - get in his pals from Barcelona so the transition was all nice and easy. Pep is gone after this season I'm sure if it, and they'll be nicely set up with this guy for the next 5 years.

Yeah does have that same feel

Lads, he is going to City. That's how a highly competent club works. They get the DOF first with their preferred manager follow soon. This set them up nicely for both DoF AND manager who can work seamlessly.