Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 28/29 | All Star Weekend Part 1 and 2 | Season Preview | MVP: weeweetee | Finals MVP: Flagg | Suns win! | BasketballGM

The developer of Basketball GM added a way add a custom mood modifier, i. e. what determines if someone wants to sign a contract somewhere. It didn't quite arrive in time to avoid Heine leaving and then coming back last time, but this time he's definitely not signing back up with the Spurs.

I found some new stats, so... here's some stats.

Team history (MVP > ROY are number of winners from the team, Best Record, Best Conference Record, All-Rookie Team, All-League Team, All-Defensive Team, All Star, All Star MVP)

ILFSGWY.png

Championships
QbTavz0.png

MVPs
i3QxhVi.png

All Star appearances
JtcYMzz.png

Scoring titles
koKJsUZ.png

Stat of the day: Solius attempted 8k more shots than any other player in NBA history, which is only 2k fewer than his son has attempted so far in his entire career. Sonius is 28.

Last edited:
2026 Draft and Free Agency New
2026 Draft and Free Agency

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

Draft

hHSuxhA.png

GCDf1pS.png

TXTHAEx.png

Free Agency

rLYtarU.png

Trades

SebJr (Magic > Thunder > Warriors), Heine (Thunder)
TEKFCWf.png

Stobzilla II (Pistons), Skizzlet (Hawks) - why
Vfk3cXs.png

Dr. Junior (Grizzlies), Sonius (Pacers)
76T1Lfx.png

Sonius (Pacers), Dan II (76ers) - some future proofing from the Pacers here. It'll be interesting to see how Sonius gets on without his bestie Kevin Knox.
5B6CDRG.png

Sonius (Pacers) - I don't get it? tTe Cavs got the more expensive, worse, older player with lower potential. And they're both guards. Maybe it's a fit thing?
dzZugpv.png

Pepper Bailly (Bucks) - Bucks going for it!
mdpvqjS.png

Lil-Nut (Timberwolves)
OZDEovf.png

Heine (Thunder), sontodevil (Heat) - Maybe it's just me, but I'm not sure the 1st round pick of the 44-38 team that just drafted Michael Jordan is going to be worth all that much.
EXneZbR.png

sontodevil (Heat), SebJr (Warriors)
bsEdW9Y.png

Nobbers & BenitwoSTARRLET (Nets)
8KRBohu.png

Pz7pjYZ.png

Nobbers & BenitwoSTARRLET (Nets), Heine (Thunder)
bpOdnWz.png

Stobzilla II (Pistons)
mQwf5Rx.png

Dr. Junior (Grizzlies), SebJr (Warriors)
9lsqwgF.png

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets) - has there ever been a better trio of players whose combined age is nearly 100? Well, unless Durant or one of the other two takes a dive.
AeJBya7.png

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets), Nobbers & BenitwoSTARRLET (Nets)
qpX0pWR.png

26/27 Season Preview - Part 1 New
26/27 Season Preview Part 1

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

Power Rankings

8dhCwD4.png

Team Finances and Strategy

hI6DNCt.png

Preview

SmhPTYr.png
79HLxlO.png

nkBxigW.png
9MU7e98.png

Heine - Oklahoma City Thunder (35-47)
C4yUITy.png

CG4N7qa.png

After spending the first 11 years of his career in San Antonio, Heine has decided to try out some new experiences. The man himself has started declining ever so slowly, but that "decline" still puts him at comfortably the highest overall rating in the league. It'll be interesting to see if the reigning MVP and DPOY can take the Thunder back to the playoffs.

Dr. Junior - Memphis Grizzlies (45-37, 1st Round)
oSUb13u.png

pG7VBqj.png

Are the Memphis Grizzlies any good? Don't look at me, I'm asking you. They've got a bonafide superstar (Giddey) a borderline superstar (Dr. Junior), and a fairly decent 3-5 as well. The challenge is going to be the fact that they haven't exactly got a deep team. A couple of injuries and this could all come crashing down.

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. - Houston Rockets (49-33, Conference Finals)
eZ4iit0.png

A4deiVf.png

s2GuwpR.png

Okay, so the Houston Rockets didn't win the championship last year, even though they could have. They really could have. They've also got the 2nd oldest squads in the league, and with some margin down to the Hawks in 3rd (Mavericks are 1st). But they still have Lil' V.O., and they still have weeweetee. There are signs of decline - not too surprising for players who are 30 and 29 years old, respectively - but we're still talking about two superstars who fit perfectly into the same squad. All I'm saying is that I'm not counting them out until they actually miss the playoffs.

The Cub - Denver Nuggets (29-53)
PUvHrVH.png

ybMJ3sW.png

It'd be interesting to see what the Denver Nuggets could be in a few seasons, but I'm worried that The Cub might not be around to see it. He's not getting any younger, though to be fair he's also not getting much worse. His ratings keep declining, but somehow he still keeps putting up great performances. Maybe he still has a playoff run in him?

Lil-Nut - Minnesota Timberwolves (28-54)
vPEZLlr.png

00qm3Yz.png

The Timberwolves have a very young team indeed! Lil-Nut is practically a veteran at 25. Right now they're probably not going to be very good, fitting into that familiar pattern of one almost-superstar plus a bunch of decent players. But looking at the ages and contract lengths of the team, there's every chance Minnesota are good pretty soon.

SebJr - Golden State Warriors (43-39, 1st Round)
6VDwGuH.png

PkNPh54.png

For those who are numerically challenged, that's fifteen perfectly playable players. Seems like a decent spot for SebJr to finish his career? He certainly won't be overplayed, but he should still get a few minutes. I would expect him to retire at the end of the current contract.

I've coaxed The Cub off the marching powder at last to have a final tilt, watch this space.

Stick Nobbers back in a team that has access to running water and suddenly he stops prematurely declining.

Looks like a good choice to join OKC, Barnes developing into a real superstar is perfect, and Ariza looking good. We should be able to do well this year and challenge

We lack depth, but I’m used to that

Last edited:
26/27 Season Preview - Part 2 New
26/27 Season Preview Part 2

@Solius @altodevil @hobbers @reelworld @Stobzilla @BenitoSTARR @oneniltothearsenal @Skizzo @Salt Bailly @Dan

Sonius - Indiana Pacers (51-31, 2nd Round)
bYKtY5L.png

tas6119.png

Having just reached the end of his 20s, Sonius may be starting his (hopefully) graceful decline. Mind you, some players got worse, then better, then worse, then better, several times over in their late 20s and well into their 30s. Either way he's still a bonafide superstar. We'll see if his Pacers are still good enough to support his high standards, though.

Dan II - Philadelphia 76ers (39-43)
evZwsPJ.png

y6Yfcbw.png

The Philadelphia 76ers have quietly amassed 9 players of 60+ overall rating. I know we've been spoiled by the absolute glut of superstars the Caf era has provided, but if your worst player in the starting 5 is 60 you're always happy. Dan II's team has declined a bit over the last couple of seasons, ultimately failing to make the playoffs last year. They do seem to have a pretty decent team this year, if you ignore the complete lack of a good Center.

Stobzilla II - Detroit Pistons (33-49)
62ssyY5.png

VKlMOFS.png

Stobzilla II is into his 21st year in the league. What a legend. As a result he's very much on the decline, obviously, but he's still more than playable. Maybe he has another playoff run in him? I'm not sure the Pistons are good enough to go very far, but they should be good enough to make the playoffs, at least. Though the Conference is quite strong right now, so that's easier said than done.

sontodevil - Miami Heat (31-51)
4MLULSn.png

TRy5HEC.png

sontodevil might not be quite the rebounder he was in his prime, but if anything he seems even more of a passer. And it's not like he was any kind of scorer even at his absolute best, which in some strange way might help him age gracefully. The big question for his Miami Heat will be if they have a good enough scorer to compensate for his biggest weakness.

Pepper Bailly - Milwaukee Bucks (35-47)
HUAn7lW.png

6h61dpc.png

There are a lot of expiring contracts in the Milwaukee Bucks starting 5, so if we're going to see something from the current iteration, this might be it. They might have their best shot in years, though. Pepper Bailly may have gotten ever so slightly worse, but he'll still get the job done. At the same time two of his younger teammates have taken giant leaps in their own development. It's not an easy conference to get ahead in, but they might as well give it one last (?) go.

Two Nil & reelworld II - New York Knicks (58-24, Runners up)
jZpgVpK.png

90IOP54.png

qYCAKnB.png

Speaking of one last go, it's the New York Knicks! I've genuinely thought they were going to be champions several times over the years, but definitely last season. You'd think their chances would only decrease, given Two Nil and reelworld II are both aging and starting to show signs of it - but no. Their decline is more than made up for by improvements to almost every other important New York player. One more go?

Skizzlet - Atlanta Hawks (56-26, 2nd Round)
QWgMoJt.png

oVFBNe1.png

It's hard to know where to put the Atlanta Hawks in the expectations table. Not too far down, obviously; they did win the championship only two seasons ago. Last year they were outdone by Boston, though. But some key improvements - not the least of which is Skizzlet himself - means they might be back with a vengeance. A starting 5 between 78 and 67 rating is awfully strong.

Nobbers & BenitwoSTARRLET - Brooklyn Nets (40-42)
D3i01yb.png

EMgg27s.png

BzlCbea.png

Super green! It's the long expected partnership of Nobbers and BenitwoSTARRLET. It might actually be quite the complementary fit, quite apart from their colouring. They've got scoring, assists, rebounds and everything else. And it doesn't hurt that the rest of the starting 5 increased their overall rating by a combined 23. The only thing that might get in their way, beyond injuries (don't give me that look, hobbers), is the fact that three of them are Shooting Guards. It might not matter?

At least Miami is a great place to be. Memphis has been a wasteland for a fair number of us in this experiment.

26/27 30-Game Update New
26/27 30-Game Update

Let's start with a couple of trades.

SebJr (Warriors > 76ers > Thunder), Dan II (76ers), Heine (Thunder) - since the end of last season, SebJr has gone from Orlando to Oklahoma City to Golden State to Philadelphia to Oklahoma City. And the trade window is still open.
xkC8yOJ.png

UcjYJCA.png

Standings
swVaSnm.png

0WMi2vU.png

News
BKSiuLZ.png

gM8THRb.png

e2P48Hm.png

League Leaders

BreCb28.png

YHhqxkM.png

CpAcdC4.png

Award Races

gOnkmus.png

tS2JBu6.png

Trades

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets) - Houston are thinking about the future
MleYnyq.png

Dr. Junior (Grizzlies), weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets) - Houston are still thinking about the future.
Ii3vzTH.png

Sonius (Pacers)
9y6XOj7.png

sontodevil (Heat) - eh?
BJfmWpc.png

Pepper Bailly (Bucks) - a very cheap Xavier Tillman Sr.
sRtWdO8.png

Lil-Nut (Timberwolves) - I mean, sure? That Celtics pick probably isn't going to be great.
O6Qr7Qc.png

Heine & SebJr (Thunder) - what the feck
Xi85qdF.png

Say hello to a championship level New York rivalry.

Welcome seb! I hope you can replace Barnes for 40 games…

That second trade, drunk gm?

26/27 All Star Weekend - Part 1 New
26/27 All Star Weekend Part 1

Standings

The East is insane.

dm5G4qj.png

Vnop7L2.png

Award Race

2Z6xwhd.png

fIrDYoo.png

Slam Dunk Contest

WRVfhqo.png

Trades

Skizzlet (Hawks)
mAiT1pv.png

Nobbers & BenitwoSTARRLET (Nets) - why is everyone trying to get Phoenix Suns draft picks, the team with a young Michael Jordan, a young Elvin Hayes and a young Cooper Flagg?
Uzo2pMb.png

Stobzilla II (Pistons)
wervgHq.png

weeweetee & Lil' V.O. (Rockets)
7icLjtZ.png

Sonius (Pacers), Heine & SebJr (Thunder)
rnVyPHq.png

Two Nil & reelworld II (Knicks)
B5hqTE3.png

Heine & SebJr (Thunder)
Kktyoea.png

Dan II (76ers)
gR3risC.png

All Star Teams & 3 Point Contestants

p4PYKxg.png

XDirZvI.png

Last edited:
26/27 All Star Weekend - Part 2 New
26/27 All Star Weekend Part 2

3 Point Contest

Ab54j6u.png

Incredibly, there's only a single previous contest winner in here, and she's done it four times. That's what happens when both Dan II and reelworld are injured. Together with BenitwoSTARRLET, they've won the previous 11 contests.

1st Round - 4 advance
Jalen Green: 17
Jaden Springer: 22
oqBfslJ.png

4l1Kc5t.png

hvmhcrr.png

0s56P34.png

WEYM13F.png

LdUZO59.png

It'll be Lil-Nut, weeweetee, BenitwoSTARRLET and SebJr.

2nd Round - 2 advance
ck7uqDB.png

DHli8xY.png

ekLBdBA.png

qiL9s66.png

Lil-Nut is out, which means it's weeweetee against BenitwoSTARRLET in the final round!

Final Round

bGfHGTJ.png

ekLBdBA.png

No new winners this year either! BenitwoSTARRLET wins her 5th contest, equalling Solius and BenitoSTARR for the record.

wig6ETz.png

All Star Game

joRCCto.png

JgBaUSJ.png

It's the East! That's their first win since 2015 (though 2018-2023 was draft, to be fair). Two Nil with the All Star MVP.

VryqmCQ.png

6eTO815.png

Shame that we're bobbins now. :(

Had a pretty decent run.

Don't think my joints can handle anything past round 1 of the 3 point contest these days.