Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 25/26 | Playoffs: 1st Round Done, 2nd Round next! | Basketball GM

I fear this is the end, they are too strong. Godlike even.

I reckon they could rattle off 4+ very quickly.

I fear this is the end, they are too strong. Godlike even.

I reckon they could rattle off 4+ very quickly.

8vxa49.jpg

Last edited:
We didn't have an Alto vs Hobbers clash that often, right?

2018 Playoffs - Conference Finals
2018 Playoffs Conference Finals

@weetee @V.O. @hobbers @Heine @Solius @altodevil

GMrCuIP.png

f3Ve6gV.png

First game goes to the Rockets, despite a 54-point game by Nobbers! Though hobbers goes out with a strained foot. He'll still play, but no doubt at a reduced level.

HeSLfRI.png

UIORCWp.png

5zPs84m.png

It's all even.

uH994Mq.png

S4esdEX.png

Advantage San Antonio! Another monster game by Nobbers. His GameScore of 49.1 is higher than all other Spurs players plus two Houston starters combined. That's the third highest Playoff GameScore by a Cafite ever, after Solius in 2009 and reelworld II earlier in these playoffs!

TIhk68z.png

lNFyV2t.png

Oof, so many missed shots by the Rockets. Maybe giving 34 shots to Biyombo, Miles and Connaughton isn't the best way to win Conference Finals.

iQPICim.png

2WMO60a.png

Crazy! Not even having all five starters scoring 18 or more was enough to defeat the Spurs, who take the series 4-1. This time the Rockets can't blame their shooting. I guess this is what happens when a 59% career free throw shooter goes 15-18 from the line.

PxTRvAa.png

A3bHBYo.png

KkgQTRi.png

Hpngz1k.png

It's a repeat final: Spurs vs Wizards! That makes three in a row. The first one was won 4-3 by the Spurs, while last year was won 4-1 by the Wizards. Washington look more vulnerable than in a while, though. On the other hand, Sonius will be playing the first few matches with a sprained shoulder.

LMsUUpC.png

Defense rules in the playoffs, and I am defense

ok that's cool but you could have taken a laptop or tablet

2018 NBA Final
2018 NBA Final

@hobbers @Heine @Solius @altodevil

With no delay whatsoever, we're going right into the NBA Final! It's a repeat of last year's final, and the one before that: the San Antonio Spurs against the Washington Wizards. The Spurs have the young trio of Nobbers, Heine and Sonius, as well as the old rock altodevil. Washington are relying mainly on Kevin Durant, but Bradley Beal, James Harden and Aaron Gordon aren't slouches either.

8eqQA1G.png

NBA Final

jaxnCy0.png

The Spurs take game 1! Terrible shooting by the Wizards, and pretty good shooting by the Spurs. Washington can't win like that.

dyxV9s8.png

2-0! Washington closed the shooting gap a bit, but this proves that even with Nobbers having an off day ("only" getting 26 points, taking 22 shots to get there), there are several others who can pick up the slack (like Jamal Murray).

Vvfzd1v.png

This is too easy! None of the three games have been remotely close either. Yet again there's a big shooting gap, and yet again Nobbers gets 38.

9Y53odw.png

They've done it again! It would have been a three-peat if they hadn't lost last time to Washington, but something tells me they'll get another chance at it.

2ixtyr3.png

dtfE8vG.png

Playoff stats

rjABBFD.png

Playoff leaders

7qYPxZZ.png
vvctOMp.png
kqjYXrU.png

ydZcjym.png
PYLa3b7.png
aJCHfEK.png

Yeah boyyyyy. Did Sonius play the whole thing injured?

7. I've eclipsed even Jordan (in real life). Might not be winning Finals MVP anymore, but still a dominant and important player.

Guess the big question now is, can the Spurs renew Heine and Sonius?

Another ring baby!:smirk:

Now the management just have to keep the gang together and make another try, even though Houston will be back for revenge. The owners can't be so cheap they will break up this while we are winning

17/18 Season Review
17/18 Season Review

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

ZrAOmXm.png

Summary

• weeweetee, Lil' V.O. and hobbers (Houston) made it to the Conference Final in the West, but remain unable to beat the Spurs.
    • Prediction: they'll be back next season, and the result will depend entirely on the relative improvements of the youngsters and declines of the oldheads. weeweetee will sign a new contract if the Rockets offer one - which they bloody well should.
  • sontodevil (Memphis) had a fantastic season personally, but wasn't able to drag his team to the 2nd Round this time.
    • Prediction: the Grizzlies will get even better, finishing in the top half in the regular season
  • Nobbers, Heine, Sonius and altodevil (San Antonio) got their revenge on Durant and his Wizards.
    • Prediction: repeat champions if altodevil can stay playable, or else if all the youngsters improve enough to compensate for the loss in defensive stability. That is, if they're all re-signed.
  • Dan II (Lakers) was predictably unable to stop his team from getting swept by the dominant Spurs. Dan II averaged more than 1 point per minute when he played.
    • Prediction: Dan II will get even better, and it might be what takes him from "bench player" to "regularly scores 40 points". He might leave the Lakers.
  • Dr. Junior and BenitoSTARR (Cleveland) beat the 76ers easily, but were swept by the Raptors in the 2nd Round - surprisingly easily.
    • Prediction: Dr. Junior will probably re-sign with the Cavaliers, but a lot of their best players are in their mid-late 20s or even 30s, so it's hard to predict how good they will be next season.
  • reelworld II (Milwaukee) was also unable to resist the Toronto sweep. He had a great personal season, but he's just one man.
    • Prediction: 4 out of 5 in the starting 5 (plus the 6th best player) are all 25 or younger. With some luck the team could look better next season. There are no guarantees, though.

Regular season

U3ctpYB.png

LgxyzFe.png

Season Awards

I'm surprised it wasn't Nobbers, but I think this is the one case where it helps to be on a worse team. sontodevil is the Memphis Grizzlies. The relative lack of Spurs players in the All-League Teams might suggest they're cannibalising each other as far as stats go. I'm sure they'll be fine with their rings.

nuQGH4D.png
CaR3eKL.png

BzSQwXn.png
3gMQScC.png

7rd2QEt.png

Player stats (regular season + playoffs)

dKXNMlK.png

Feats

F8xkv2g.png
W1mD518.png
orIScOl.png
h7jaAEF.png

y6dWQ1u.png

League news

Hall of Fame inductees: Carlos Boozer, Kirk Hinrich, Josh Childress, Carmelo Anthony, LeBron James

vFoAe99.png

Draft Lottery

All it takes for the two worst teams to get the two best picks is for neither of them to be the Oklahoma City Thunder.

jYiAo9s.png

This is the draft class in presumed draft order, but it often changes. The draft has not happened yet.

uW8oIC9.png

Even if I'm 45 overall, I don't care, I've got a decent chance at leeching an 8th and final ring.

Proud of my son but I'm no hypocrite, it's all about winning not awards.