Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | Conference Finals are done! | Basketball GM |

Conference Finals Preview

ajuHuZr.png

Utah should be in over their head here considering the spread and overall difference… But they’ve made upsets before

Utah should be in over their head here considering the spread and overall difference… But they’ve made upsets before

As long as we don’t underestimate. No easy games innit.

2017 Playoffs - Conference Finals
2017 Playoffs Conference Finals

@hobbers @Heine @Solius @altodevil

VVwImmp.png

San Antonio Spurs
Nobbers: 29/11/7 (2stl)
Heine: 10/2/7 (1stl/2blk)
Sonius: 20/10/1 (4blk)
altodevil:
2/16/1 (3stl/2blk)
Utah Jazz
Washington Wizards
Boston Celtics
hobbers: 18/5/10 (2stl)

zmgJtDM.png

ddPiUKo.png

6uXJSmg.png

San Antonio Spurs
Nobbers: 26/5/13 (4stl/3blk)
Heine: 15/2/4 (1stl/2blk)
Sonius: 25/13/2 (3blk)
altodevil: 6/15/2 (4stl/2blk)
Utah Jazz
Washington Wizards
Boston Celtics
hobbers: 11/5/6 (1stl/1blk)

kqN67RR.png

San Antonio Spurs
Nobbers: 45/6/6 (1stl/1blk)
Heine: 6/3/2 (3stl/1blk)
Sonius: 19/8/2 (3blk)
altodevil: 2/17/4 (2stl/3blk)
Utah Jazz
Washington Wizards
Boston Celtics
hobbers: 14/3/8 (1stl/2blk)

Vodk1hb.png

San Antonio Spurs
Nobbers: 47/9/13 (1stl/2blk)
Heine: 19/3/2 (3stl/1blk)
Sonius: 19/13/2 (4blk) injured
altodevil: 4/25/1 (2stl/1blk)
Utah Jazz
Washington Wizards
Boston Celtics
hobbers: 14/2/14 (2stl)

anqrjvG.png

NkkKnaa.png

gZTomXI.png

Washington Wizards
Boston Celtics
hobbers: 9/6/12 (1stl)

It's a repeat of last year's final! Yet again we have the Spurs boys vs Kevin Durant and his Wizards. The Spurs are 12-0 so far in the playoffs, while the Wizards are 12-2.

oeVY89Y.png

VBOnTGG.png

2017 NBA Final
2017 NBA Final

@hobbers @Heine @Solius @altodevil @Dr. Dwayne @V.O. @P-Nut @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @weetee @BenitoSTARR

boJnnyW.png

Preview

mCq6Md7.png

NBA Final

First blood goes to Washington! A monster game by Durant, while the two injured Spurs starters struggled. It was close, though!

QYoxkc5.png

It's tied up! Kevin Durant was completely neutralized. Does this show the path?

o1zXNSZ.png

If Kevin Durant gets to take 30 shots, you might be in trouble. Even when he misses 17 of them.

XHhBjIJ.png

Suddenly it's 3-1 to the Wizards! Nobbers keeps putting up huge numbers, but the Spurs as a team are missing quite a lot of shots as well.

9kuofvi.png

3ZSS50N.gif

RcafNuU.png

AAJCjA6.png

Dynasty
. I'll be honest, I was convincing myself that the Spurs would win at least the next 4-5 rings. But apparently you can't count Kevin Durant out. Or Bradley "45 points" Beal. And if they can do it, maybe the Rockets can do it, or the Celtics - or someone else. The league just got interesting!

Nobbers consistently put up big numbers this series, and was the best Spurs performer in 4 out of 5 games. His efficiency is the only point against him. Heine was very efficient, on the other hand, and generally played quite well - with one very notable exception. Sonius was hampered in the early games by his niggling injury, but came back with a great game 5. altodevil is hard to judge, since he's never been primarily a box score player, but he'll be disappointed by the relative lack of rebounds, blocks and steals in some games. He can hardly be blamed for the loss, though.

Playoff stats

ubyUPoO.png

Playoff leaders

MXF1JSk.png
boaw90i.png
k1RtBtm.png

F1upcj3.png
9ygO8w3.png
sTUJWDK.png

IAEoa3K.png
uBDOnEb.png

Up next: Season Review (where we'll say goodbye to a few players)

Gentleman's sweep.

And as we all know from current NBA discourse, losing in the final is worse than missing the playoffs or going out in any round before the finals.

2017 NBA Final

@hobbers @Heine @Solius @altodevil @Dr. Dwayne @V.O. @P-Nut @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @weetee @BenitoSTARR

boJnnyW.png

Preview

mCq6Md7.png

NBA Final

First blood goes to Washington! A monster game by Durant, while the two injured Spurs starters struggled. It was close, though!

QYoxkc5.png

It's tied up! Kevin Durant was completely neutralized. Does this show the path?

o1zXNSZ.png

If Kevin Durant gets to take 30 shots, you might be in trouble. Even when he misses 17 of them.

XHhBjIJ.png

Suddenly it's 3-1 to the Wizards! Nobbers keeps putting up huge numbers, but the Spurs as a team are missing quite a lot of shots as well.

9kuofvi.png

3ZSS50N.gif

RcafNuU.png

AAJCjA6.png

Dynasty. I'll be honest, I was convincing myself that the Spurs would win at least the next 4-5 rings. But apparently you can't count Kevin Durant out. Or Bradley "45 points" Beal. And if they can do it, maybe the Rockets can do it, or the Celtics - or someone else. The league just got interesting!

Nobbers consistently put up big numbers this series, and was the best Spurs performer in 4 out of 5 games. His efficiency is the only point against him. Heine was very efficient, on the other hand, and generally played quite well - with one very notable exception. Sonius was hampered in the early games by his niggling injury, but came back with a great game 5. altodevil is hard to judge, since he's never been primarily a box score player, but he'll be disappointed by the relative lack of rebounds, blocks and steals in some games. He can hardly be blamed for the loss, though.

Playoff stats

ubyUPoO.png

Playoff leaders

MXF1JSk.png
boaw90i.png
k1RtBtm.png

F1upcj3.png
9ygO8w3.png
sTUJWDK.png

IAEoa3K.png
uBDOnEb.png

Up next: Season Review (where we'll say goodbye to a few players)

Quoting myself for the new page, and so Solius' shame is not hidden

Wilcox needs to fall into a vat of sulphuric acid.

Too bad Washington (Durant…) ended up being too strong. I believe its our depth being too weak in the end… Looks like we are a «cheap» team so might be that it wont improve, just hope that me and Sonius can develop more so that we can make up for it (And Murray). Alto not getting better either :/

16/17 Season Review
16/17 Season Review

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

Playoffs

nJRLI3T.png

(I'll do playoff summaries and predictions, but only for playoff teams, sorry!)
  • Nobbers, Heine, Sonius & altodevil couldn't repeat with the San Antonio Spurs, failing to beat the final boss: Kevin Durant.
    • Prediction for next season: back in the finals as the three golden boys improve further, and altodevil will still be playable.
  • hobbersdid well with the Boston Celtics until getting beaten by Washington and Durant - but no worse than the Spurs were.
    • Prediction: knocked out in the 1st round as Anthony Davis gets better while all the other starters get worse (39-year old hobbers included)
  • Lil' V.O. & weeweetee found their Houston Rockets surprisingly beaten by the Utah Jazz in the 2nd Round.
    • Prediction: finals run as the two best players, the Cafites, get even better - and the rest probably aren't old enough to really decline yet.
  • Dr. Junior couldn't stop the Cleveland Cavaliers from getting knocked out in the 2nd Round by Washington. Though again, their opponents beat everyone 4-1 or better.
    • Prediction: progress will stall unless the Cavaliers trade away one of their many, many PGs for a Center. Dr. Junior will probably get better, but the rest are comfortably in their mid-to-late 20s, so who knows there.
  • P-Nut & BenitwoSTARRLET did well to get their Denver Nuggets to the 2nd Round, but couldn't keep from being swept by the Spurs.
    • Prediction: presuming BenitwoSTARRLET and Joel Embiid improve, and P-Nut and Jrue Holiday keep from declining too much, they should be back in the 2nd Round next season - with an outside shot at the Conference Finals.
  • reelworld II did quite well to champion his Milwaukee Bucks' victory over the 2-seed Detroit Pistons, but the Boston Celtics were too much in the end.
    • Prediction: reelworld II will leave Milwaukee, and he might come to regret it (as 3 out of the other 4 starters are under 25, and probably getting better). On the other hand, reelworld II is the only reason those players were in the 2nd Round anyway, so maybe not.
  • weetee could not stop his Golden State Warriors from being swept by the Utah Jazz in the 1st Round.
    • Prediction: sitting by the pool drinking piña coladas.
  • Two Nil will be disappointed in the final result of the 1st Round Cleveland-Toronto match-up (4-1), but the series was very close.
    • Prediction: Two Nil will get the hell out of Toronto. Probably to somewhere worse (who may or may not end up being better than Toronto as a result of signing Two Nil).
  • sontodevil put up a valiant fight against his father and the younglings, but in the end the Memphis Grizzlies still found themselves being swept by the San Antonio Spurs.
    • Prediction: back in the playoffs, but if they can avoid the Spurs they might actually make the 2nd Round. The biggest challenge is that Greg Oden and J.R. Smith might decline a lot.

Regular season

iDgu8BZ.png

6FJURBc.png

Season awards

lr59pCv.png
9ZOS2ec.png

rgFgoqG.png
Ztr50g5.png

xZr7WZ7.png

YC2MS7J.png
IkN11dx.png

Player stats (regular season + playoffs)

wsQ9MtZ.png

Feats

O0MwxMn.png

SdnbB1z.png

League news

We have to say goodbye to some Cafites! Dr. Dwayne, Salt Bailly and weetee have all decided that ~20 years in the NBA is enough. They can all be content in the knowledge that their children will represent their name in the league for years to come. Right now they all look to possibly be having even better careers than their fathers as well, though their fathers all had good enough careers to make the Hall of Fame!

I663D3n.png

Dr. Dwayne was a journeyman, playing for 9 different teams in his career. He was good enough to make the All Stars 14 years (!), 5 All-League teams, and the Hall of Fame - but never found himself on teams making a particularly spirited playoff push. The closest he got was the 2nd Round in 2004 with Denver and in 2014 with Cleveland.

MP7HuMp.png

Salt Bailly was definitely one of those "more than numbers" players. His PER was always pretty good, as was his WS (Win Share). Not elite, but very good. Like Dr. Dwayne, he also never found himself on particularly good teams. The closest he ever got was in 2007, when his Denver Nuggets made the 2nd Round. Nonetheless, his defensive prowess is easily enough to earn him a spot in the Hall of Fame.

qvFTsTs.png

weetee was one of the best shooters in the NBA for nearly his entire career. He just didn't shoot that often. That means his scoring numbers were never outrageously high, though he still managed to contribute to some playoff success. His favourite memories will be of the old days in Seattle, when he won both of his championships. But he found success in his old age too, becoming the league assists leader at the age of 34, and making the 2nd Round at 35. Easily enough for the Hall of Fame.

wEdUFDX.png

More money more problems. Or possibly more players.

Draft lottery

kI0AIlg.png

Oklahoma should just stop participating in the draft. They had the worst record in 2017, 2016 and 2015, and the 2nd worst record in 2014 and 2013. In that time their pick (whether they owned it or not) was 3rd, 4th, 4th, 4th, 4th. Though there might not be such a massive difference between 1st and 3rd in this draft.

Last edited:
very kind words @nimic
bit surprised to become a hall of famer. Not too shabby that career.

Great update. Still on 3rd team all-nba. Incredible really. Salt Bailly making HoF :lol:

10th pick, hopefully a rotation player from that

Just waiting and hoping for some good increases now

2017 Draft and Free Agency

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine

Draft

Top 10

2MlaiGB.png

11-60

SoJuMOR.png

JACzm7l.png

Free Agency

Lil' V.O. and Skizzlet both decided to re-sign with their current teams

6MqZhkQ.png
zQY0iCB.png

Two Nil and Pepper Bailly left Toronto and Sacramento, respectively, and found new teams. Two Nil will play with Stobzilla II and BenitoSTARR.

8bHs5Am.png
GMj3mxH.png

reelworld II left Milwaukee, and then signed right back up with them.

e899G3c.png

Trades

Lots of trades!

Pepper Bailly (Timberwolves) - Do the Timberwolves want to be good?
hT1e2RL.png

reelworld II (Bucks), Pepper Bailly (Timberwolves) - Do the Timberwolves want to be bad?
wrNgAnh.png

reelworld II (Bucks) - Doesn't seem too bad for the Bucks?
Xh7weM7.png

B4dVIA0.png

Stobzilla II, Two Nil & BenitoSTARR (Knicks), Dr. Junior (Cavaliers) - Why are teams suddenly giving away 55-ish rating players for 2nd round picks?
KZyBeSo.png

Stobzilla II, Two Nil & BenitoSTARR (Knicks) - I don't understand. Getting a younger but worse and more expensive player. And their contracts both end after the season.
hXiGPqY.png

Stobzilla II, Two Nil & BenitoSTARR (Knicks) - okay this one makes some sense at least.
4JKhOHz.png

The Cub (Thunder) - here's a spoiler for you. That one player who went to Washington is now better than any of the players that went to Oklahoma City in return.
w578zMN.png

The Cub (Thunder) - okay I guess?
uy2grga.png

Solius (Pelicans)
ukA3Xtt.png

P-Nut & BenitwoSTARRLET (Nuggets) - I mean, yeah, getting rid of a SG for a more versatile Guard is pretty smart when you already have two other ones.
RHNdqzJ.png

Finally, some new style.

9Q89vTc.png

Draft

Top 10

2MlaiGB.png

11-60

SoJuMOR.png

JACzm7l.png

Free Agency

Lil' V.O. and Skizzlet both decided to re-sign with their current teams

6MqZhkQ.png
zQY0iCB.png

Two Nil and Pepper Bailly left Toronto and Sacramento, respectively, and found new teams. Two Nil will play with Stobzilla II and BenitoSTARR.

8bHs5Am.png
GMj3mxH.png

reelworld II left Milwaukee, and then signed right back up with them.

e899G3c.png

Trades

Lots of trades!

Pepper Bailly (Timberwolves) - Do the Timberwolves want to be good?
hT1e2RL.png

reelworld II (Bucks), Pepper Bailly (Timberwolves) - Do the Timberwolves want to be bad?
wrNgAnh.png

reelworld II (Bucks) - Doesn't seem too bad for the Bucks?
Xh7weM7.png

B4dVIA0.png

Stobzilla II, Two Nil & BenitoSTARR (Knicks), Dr. Junior (Cavaliers) - Why are teams suddenly giving away 55-ish rating players for 2nd round picks?
KZyBeSo.png

Stobzilla II, Two Nil & BenitoSTARR (Knicks) - I don't understand. Getting a younger but worse and more expensive player. And their contracts both end after the season.
hXiGPqY.png

Stobzilla II, Two Nil & BenitoSTARR (Knicks) - okay this one makes some sense at least.
4JKhOHz.png

The Cub (Thunder) - here's a spoiler for you. That one player who went to Washington is now better than any of the players that went to Oklahoma City in return.
w578zMN.png

The Cub (Thunder) - okay I guess?
uy2grga.png

Solius (Pelicans)
ukA3Xtt.png

P-Nut & BenitwoSTARRLET (Nuggets) - I mean, yeah, getting rid of a SG for a more versatile Guard is pretty smart when you already have two other ones.
RHNdqzJ.png

Finally, some new style.

9Q89vTc.png
Damn, I thought I'm definitely leaving :lol:
But at least they're making moves to add depth and quality to the starting 5

Why draft for potential? Most likely Frank wont be good before they break us up :/ Someone like Kuzma or Bogdanovic would fit our timeline better