Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 2025 | [...] are NBA Champions! | Basketball GM

Decent core there for the Lakers, hopefully means I can coast all season.

Update

First a bit of trade news:

DMDr45A.png

Now for the standings.

0OpLjHa.png

DmQUErN.png

How have we lost 9? I must be injured again

L10 1-9. Does that mean we were 10-6 and have fallen apart?

We might as well get the Trade Deadline Update out of the way too!

YiTAzV0.png

XK2pnyi.png

Notable trades:

@Dan and the Jazz trading similarly skilled players, but the thing you have to consider is that Dan is also a PG so now they have three wait a minute
5Bi0Kjj.png

@Skizzo and the Pistons trading a star and a Sacramento-pick for three decent players and an Orlando-pick.
odBq345.png

And then turning one of those players into two seemingly better players and another Sacramento pick. If there's strength in numbers, the Pistons are quite strong. They now have 12 players with 50 or higher rating. If there's strength in strength, though, the Pistons are just okay.

EzqxVva.png

@Solius must have been missing the bachelor life, because his Orlando Magic have very quickly traded @Samid to join @Stobzilla and @P-Nut at the Memphis Grizzlies. That makes Memphis Samid's 4th team (plus Orlando twice).
tGirWBw.png

And then Orlando also immediately traded away Dirk Nowitzki for a cheaper, younger and almost as good Leon Smith, as well a lot of deadwood. It sort of makes sense for Minnesota too, since @The Cat has locked down the Center position.

uk8VRFX.png

We might as well get the Trade Deadline Update out of the way too!

YiTAzV0.png

I'm glad to see that the respec to try and contribute better defensively is making us much harder to beat... :(

Lost four in a row and that terrible road record is going to screw Denver out of the playoffs. Does my contract expire this season or next?

Why oh why did I resign for the grizzlies. I'm hoping for some reason I manage to get out. Forgot to even post about the pittance they are spending on everything :lol:

Guess there is a reason Pacers have extremely modest ticket prices.

Maybe we can make the finals this time. East stronger though.

Crossing fingers that me turning half-shite is just a ploy to sign a low key deal next season so I can go to a contending team on a reasonable small paycheck.

Think it's another 2 decades before my horrible contract expires.

05/06 All Star Weekend
05/06 All Star Weekend - Part 1

Standings update:

MOdhKxn.png

tgikiYO.png

Dunk Contest:

@BenitoSTARR again the only Cafite participating, but he wasn't able to replicate his win from last year.

yIvYMOL.png

3 Point Contest

R1s63Ye.png

@Solius, @Dr. Dwayne, @Samid, @P-Nut and @BenitoSTARR will again battle it out to see who is the best Cafite at shooting the ball.

1st Round (4 advance)

Tim Thomas: 26
Voshon Leonard: 21
Kyle Korver: 27

UbZW5XG.png

vZByLcp.png

bkTymmu.png

26 for Solius means that if any of the remaining shoot 27 or better, he's out.
4JV2uVx.png

4mJqjYD.png

Dr. Dwayne is out, and we're having a tie-breaker between Solius and Samid. I feel like we've been here before.

HqFnQUl.png

That's surprisingly poor shooting by Solius.
Tl1fJ4m.png

Solius is out, while Samid, Dr. P-Nut and BenitoSTARR will go through along with Kyle Korver.

2nd Round (2 advance)

Kyle Korver: 28
5OK6QJu.png

P-Nut and Samid need at least 28 now.
jGdgRvF.png

P-Nut is out!

sfQdWME.png

Samid is out! We'll have a non-Cafite in the final round for the first time in a long time.

Final Round

pqeo98r.png

goB7M1I.png

Kyle Korver has beaten the best the Caf had to offer. Disappointing!

loBF5R0.png

2006 Playoff Bracket
2006 Final Standings and Playoff Bracket

It's pretty clear that the East is significantly stronger than the West at this point, judging by the records. @BenitoSTARR's Knicks are back in the playoffs, after a year off, and they are joined in the East by @hobbers' Bobcats and @Solius' Magic, finishing 5th and 7th respectively. Both would have been comfortably top 4 had they played in the West, and the Bobcats would even have been the 2-seed. @Skizzo and @Salt Bailly from Detroit and Washington both barely miss out on the playoffs, while @weetee, @sebsheep and @V.O. are some distance from making it.

In the West, @altodevil's Lakers have the tied 2nd best overall record in the league, and are perhaps the only ones with a really good chance at becoming champions from the West. @The Cat seems to have taken his departure from Seattle well, and led his Timberwolves to the 2-seed. Following that we've got @Dr. Dwayne's Nuggets as the 4-seed, and a surprising appearance by @oneniltothearsenal and Seattle in the final playoff spot, having been predicted to do much worse. They went 9-1 in the last 10, including winning the last 6, to beat out @reelworld and the Suns on tiebreaker rules. @P-Nut, @Stobzilla and @Samid also missed out, having lost their last three games to end up two games behind. Finally we've got @Dan and the Jazz in a very surprising last place.

cYieLtA.png

6YKmKIu.png

Playoff bracket

Ys2YYu9.png

Last edited: