Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 16/17 | Conference Finals | Basketball GM | Join and become the next Nobbers

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Here's some motivation for you: you're currently 298 points behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar as the all time scorer in the NBA.

You're also already the most blocked player in NBA history, so you can rest easy on that front.
Will I definitely play til 2020 or is there a chance I just retire?

hobbers

Yep.

3 = Three Point Shooter
A = Athletic
B = Ball Handler
Di = Interior Defender
Dp = Perimeter Defender
Po = Post Scorer
Ps = Passer
R = Rebounder
V = Volume Scorer

Kevin Durant is currently the only player with all of them.
Damn nobbers is only missing rebounder.

Heine

I like the nickname

Well placed for a playoff spot supporting Nobbers to 30 ppg, go Spurs!

And I guess Nobbers have had a injury, considering 5-5 last 10 and him only having 15 games played

nimic

something nice
Scout
Will I definitely play til 2020 or is there a chance I just retire?
There's a chance, but Salt Bailly and Dr. Dwayne are still playing at 38, and altodevil and hobbers at 37. I reckon you'll make the record this season though.

Edit: the oldest active player is Vince Carter at 39, so 40 might be difficult.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Bunch of ego-shooters in here. It's a team sport! Let everybody shoot once in a while - especially if they've got the best 3P% by far.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
All star streak ends this year for me. Hobbers to break the record next season. Still 5 rings behind though.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Looks worse than it is. 4/5 last losses were pretty close.

Heine

I have a feeling someone wants out of OKC…

And we know Rockets somehow will jump them in the lottery

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
BenitoSTARR will be eligible to have his son in the draft, as will Samid and Skizzo (though Skizzo can do it right now if he wants to).
If I make him tonight does that work out correct time wise?

2016 All Star Weekend New

nimic

something nice
Scout
2016 All Star Weekend

(@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Samid @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine)

Standings

The fight for the 1-seed might be over, and it looks like hobbers will have to settle for 2nd. Unless SebJr can keep doing what he's doing with the Miami Heat. Dr. Junior has also managed to drag his Cavaliers into a playoff spot, though there are three teams on 26 wins to keep ahead of for the rest of the season. Dan II is still in a playoff spot, though he hasn't played a minute of basketball since last update. That might be why they're currently in terrible form... is certainly what Dan II might be saying.

Two Nil's Raptors have also had poor form, and thus dropped a few spots. They're one of those 26-win teams, though, so it's far from impossible to turn around. Incredibly the same could maybe even be said for BenitoSTARR and Stobzilla II on the Knicks and reelworld II on the Bucks. It would take a great late run.

As expected we've got two teams duelling it out for the 1st seed. Lil' V.O. and weeweetee are still #1, though remarkably they may be overtaken even while going 25-6 since last time. That's because the Fearsome Foursome in San Antonio have shown even better form. I strongly suspect we're looking at the West Conference Final right there. sontodevil will maybe disagree, as his Memphis are doing better than last season, when they famously swept the 1-seed Rockets. Samid's Timberwolves are currently on a 10 win streak, which is... surprising. At the bottom of the playoff spots we have weetee's Warriors, who are in serious danger of dropping below the line.

One of the teams that might be looking to supplant the Warriors would be the Kings, lead by the Bailly Family. The remaining Cafites are probably too far off, given the strength of the conference. P-Nut is having a good season, but it's not good enough to save the Nuggets. The same can be said for Solius and the Pelicans. And then there's the Thunder and their victims, The Cub and Dr. Dwayne. They only recently smashed the all time NBA losing streak record, by 39 to 28. Yes, they lost 39 games in a row. At least they have their own pick this time.

Slam Dunk Contest

It's Sonius - a rookie wins the Slam Dunk Contest! That's three Cafite wins in a row, after two victories by The Cub. You guys are starting to get a hang of that dunking business.

Three Point Contest

1st Round - 4 advance

Klay Thompson: 23
Kevin Durant: 18

Dan II is through!

Samid as well

And reelworld II

Solius joins reelworld II, Samid and Dan II in the 2nd Round. It's an all-Cafite affair.

2nd Round - 2 advance

reelworld II is through to the Final Round. Solius needs 27 or more to advance.

It'll be reelworld II versus Samid!

Final Round

25 wasn't enough to make the 2nd Round - can it really be enough to win the Final Round?

It can! reelworld II wins his second Three Point Contest!

All Star Teams

All Star Game

Trades

Just one big bulk this time, since I can only do 20 pictures in a post.