Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 17/18 | Season Preview Part 3 | Draft and Free Agency | Basketball GM | Join and become the next Kevin Durant

nimic

something nice
Scout
Quoting my own post, because as usual I managed to make it the last post of the page.

Speaking of hanging dong, let's get this over with.

2015 NBA Final - Washington Wizards vs. Utah Jazz

No Cafites involved - for shame!

Kevin Durant has finally done it! After losing so many finals, he's got his ring. The Wizards don't look at all like a depleted team either, so you guys might be in trouble for a few years.

Playoff stats
@V.O. @Salt Bailly @Samid @sebsheep @Skizzo @Solius @hobbers @altodevil

Playoff league leaders

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
KD is a god, you should all be grateful that I was the god of gods.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
KD ain‘t bragging nonstop in this thread though.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Although that‘s not entirely true, nimic does that part

Heine

First time altodevil looses the award ir goes to his son… I feel there is a movie script here somewhere

nimic

something nice
Scout
He's shagging everything that moves to try and get a son quickly.
You're actually one of the best players in the league, statistically. It's just... you know. Your team is the worst team in the league, statistically.

Things could change. Your teammates might get better, there might be some trades. Hell, even you could get traded.

altodevil

Don't do grandsons. End it with the last son then do big summary stat tables etc.

Then do a team-running experiment with some kind of draft.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
6th man of the year on 2 different players. Let's go!!

2015 Draft and Free Agency New

nimic

something nice
Scout
2015 Draft and Free Agency

This involves so many that I'm just going to tag all of you.

(@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Samid @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee @Heine)

Top 10 picks

A bit surprised Houston went for weeweetee, considering they already have two pretty good, young-ish Centers. I'd have thought they'd go for Heine, or even Dr. Junior. Though I think history has proven that picking the best player is never a bad idea - and weeweetee is definitely the best right out of the draft. Also he can't rebound or dunk, so I guess he plays a slightly different role.

The Spurs picked up both Heine and Sonius, to pair with Nobbers. Nobbers only has one year left on his contract, so they'd have to be good pretty much immediately to have any chance of keeping this core together.

Dr. Junior was drafted by Cleveland, which means he's the first player to play on the same team as his father. Well, play is a strong word, considering Dr. Dwayne's contract expired and he... well, no spoilers for the rest of this post.

(Apropos nothing, keep in mind that I will allow anyone to change their position at the start of the season - including to Auto).

The rest of the draft

Free Agency

Solius has left Memphis and decided to sign what's probably his last contract with the New Orleans Pelicans for $20.57m/year (!) through 2020. That's the 5th highest salary in the NBA for someone who is about to turn 36.

P-Nut has left Milwaukee and signed with the Denver Nuggets for $16.05m/year through 2020.

SebJr has re-signed with the Miami Heat for $13.18m/year through 2020.

weetee has left Oklahoma City to sign with the Golden State Warriors for $4.68m/year through 2018.

Dr. Dwayne has magnanimously decided to vacate Cleveland, so as to let his son get out of his shadow. Probably. He's then decided to join The Cub in Oklahoma City.

Skizzo is yet to find a team. You can create a new player if you want, though it's always possible you get picked up eventually.

Trades

Two Nil (Raptors)

SebJr (Heat)

Salt Bailly (Pistons > Kings)

BenitoSTARR & Stobzilla II (Knicks)

Samid (Timberwolves)

Oh yeah, and this one.

altodevil (Lakers > Spurs), Nobbers & Sonius & Heine (Spurs) -

Last edited:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I don't know what the feck is going on in San Antonio, but it's the worst thing that's happened there since the Alamo.

Heine

Oooooh

Excited! Nice to have an oldie to mentor us

The team need to throw whatever money we have left at the best point guard they can find.

Also, sad to see Curry in his prime a 57

Last edited:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I think I started at SA as well. Sonius following in his father’s footsteps.

altodevil

To be fair. With my attribute spread I'll probably be very useful for a title team for a number of years yet.

Heine

To be fair. With my attribute spread I'll probably be very useful for a title team for a number of years yet.
I agree, and in my head this is both lakers being nice giving you a new opportunity instead of you staying on in the rebuild and spurs getting you for experience, skills and to entice nobbers to stay

But I find it really funny that Lakers go all in on a rebuild (unless they signed some non cafite) while giving away their next 1st round pick. Prolly would’ve been a good trade for spurs without getting the pick.

Also in my head you are now our Kareem (without scoring skill…)

Heine

Based on this thread in general its impossible :confused:

And it will be great for him to witness the real goat