Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 16/17 | Conference Finals | Basketball GM | Join and become the next Nobbers

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Hobber‘s getting cocky with his first title in mind already.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
The difference between me (1st) and Solius (4th) is the same difference between Solius (4th) and Nene (63rd)

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
He scored 16points once. (probably more than my max though) - or typo by nimic.

Hail the goat who destroyed basketball.

nimic

something nice
Scout
True, but notice just how few of the greatest seasons that were championship seasons. You can see the ring next to the stars. Only Solius out of you guys has yet won a ring while playing one of the 35 best seasons of all time.

BenitoSTARR has 7 seasons on the list: 04, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11. When did he win his rings? 00 and 02.

I guess to have a truly outstanding season like that you probably don't have too much help.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
True, but notice just how few of the greatest seasons that were championship seasons. You can see the ring next to the stars. Only Solius out of you guys has yet won a ring while playing one of the 35 best seasons of all time.

BenitoSTARR has 7 seasons on the list: 04, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10, 11. When did he win his rings? 00 and 02.

I guess to have a truly outstanding season like that you probably don't have too much help.
I’m basically the goat then.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Imagine needing a ring to justify your existence.

14/15 All Star Weekend New

nimic

something nice
Scout
2015 All Star Weekend

(@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Samid @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee)

Final (significant) trades of the season

hobbers & Skizzo (Celtics), Solius & sontodevil (Grizzlies) - Solius and sontodevil are both guards, so naturally the Grizzlies trade two forwards for another guard. He's pretty good, mind.

Two Nil (Raptors) - Pelicans got robbed (unless Bruno Caboclo fulfills his potential quickly)

Standings

Really a tale of two halves, here. We've got three Cafite-teams near the bottom, with losing form (Knicks, Raptors and Bucks), three in the top half with winning form (Celtics, Heat and Pistons?! :confused:) - and then Dr. Dwayne's Cavaliers closer to the bottom but with a winning record. Mind you, the Bucks are only four wins off a playoff spot, so it's not quite over.

Not quite the same in the West as in the East, though we've also got a clear split of winning form and losing form. At this rate the only oldie who's making the playoffs from the West is Samid. Things change quickly, though. Lil' V.O. truly got drafted into a great situation. Might they even be championship contenders? There are two monsters in the East, but with altodevil seemingly out of the picture, the path is open to the finals. Mind you, the Lakers finishing 8th and then taking out the Rockets in the 1st Round is not an unthinkable scenario.

Slam Dunk Contest

I might have to start spoilering the dunk contest, if Cafites are going to start winning it. That's two in a row for The Cub! His team is having a horrid season, but he's having a great one. Except, you know, he's on the team with a horrid season.

3 Point Contest

Samid returns, as does 5x winner Solius. BenitoSTARR is conspicuous in his absence, but we've got two other former winners in P-Nut and reelworld II in. Dan II has played like 25 minutes of basketball this season, but he won't let that stop him. He doesn't need high basketball IQ to find the hoop in the 3 point contest.

1st Round (4 advance)

Salim Stoudamire: 21
Ben Gordon: 19
Kevin Durant: 25

It feels cruel that Samid is eliminated in the 1st round while shooting 25/30, but reelworld II, Dan II, Solius and P-Nut all out-did him (barely). It's a full on Cafite affair!

2nd Round (2 advance)

This means Samid's 25 wasn't good enough to make the 2nd Round, but would have been good enough to make the Final Round. That's the way the cookie crumbles. As it is, we'll have P-Nut up against rookie sensation (well...) Dan II. P-Nut struggled for so long to win his first 3 Point Contest, is he really going to let this newbie equal him just like that?

Final Round

That's two in a row for P-Nut!

All Star Game

Pepper Bailly, Lil' V.O and Nobbers all make their first All Star teams, though Nobbers will have to sit it out with a minor injury. The Cub captains his first All Star Team, while playing for the the worst team in the conference.

The East is back to their winning ways. Kevin Durant is All Star MVP, but hobbers, sontodevil and The Cub all acquitted themselves well. Looking at the stats, I'm pretty sure The Cub, altodevil and sontodevil cannibalized each other for rebounds.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Here's a preview of the next draft, as it currently stands. It may change if someone else has their son join the draft. I think weetee and Dr. Dwayne are the ones who can do it without retiring, then next draft Samid, Skizzo and BenitoSTARR can.

nimic

something nice
Scout
How does he have less than 60 overall?
It's not entirely clear how overall rating is decided, but the actual rating has no impact on how good a player actually is. Or rather, the overall rating is a function of the other ratings, which obviously directly decide how good a player is, but the algorithm isn't necessarily... correct - or straightforward. Particularly when you guys get your grubby, meddling hands on it, and create players that the game would never make on its own.