Gaming The RedCafe NBA Simulation 16/17 | Conference Finals | Basketball GM | Join and become the next Nobbers

2014 Playoffs Conference Finals New

nimic

something nice
Scout
2014 Playoffs Conference Finals

@altodevil @hobbers @Skizzo @V.O.

Lakers
altodevil: 0/19/0 (1stl/blk)
Utah
Boston
hobbers: 17/8/10 (1stl)
Skizzo: DNP
Brooklyn
V.O.: 17/3/8 (1stl/1blk)

Lakers
altodevil: 2/20/0 (3stl/6blk)
Utah
Boston
hobbers: 18/3/6 (1stl/1blk)
Brooklyn
V.O.: 19/0/10

Lakers
altodevil: 0/33/3 (5blk)
Utah
Boston
hobbers: 16/6/8 (2stl)
Skizzo: 2/1/2 (1stl)
Brooklyn
V.O.: 6/1/12 (3stl)

Lakers
altodevil: 9/21/1 (2stl/7lblk)
Utah
Boston
hobbers: 29/3/10 (2stl)
Brooklyn
V.O.: 12/2/6

Lakers
altodevil: 5/19/0 (6stl/6blk)
Utah
Boston
hobbers: 31/10/12 (2stl)
Skizzo: 2/1/0
Brooklyn
V.O.: 17/0/13 (1blk)

Lakers
altodevil: 4/27/1 (5stl/6blk)
Utah
Boston
hobbers: 34/5/6
Skizzo: 0/0/0
Brooklyn
V.O.: 19/0/12

What a thriller! We're going to game 7 for both series. Clearly there are no push-overs left in the playoffs.

Lakers (LOSE)
altodevil: 8/24/0 (3stl/6blk)
Utah (WIN)
Boston (WIN)
hobbers: 20/2/14
Skizzo: 0/1/0
Brooklyn (LOSE)
V.O.: 2/3/9

We're missing out on another Cafite v Cafite NBA Final! That's quite surprising. Utah has done brilliantly, beating both the 1-seed and the 2-seed in their own conference. In the East we've got Boston, with hobbers and Skizzo hoping to vanquish some demons from the past. The NBA has been impossible to predict the last few years (see: Kevin Durant still hasn't won), so anything could happen here.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Meh at least my finals to finalsMVP ratio still good

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Pretty decent last ride, that. Took the champs elect to a decider.

2014 NBA Final New

nimic

something nice
Scout
2014 NBA Final

@hobbers @Skizzo @V.O. @Dr. Dwayne @Stobzilla @sebsheep @BenitoSTARR @altodevil

Utah has done it, a shock victory! That's three first-time NBA Champions in a row, with New Jersey (Brooklyn), Dallas and now Utah. They were all underdogs in the final, as well.

Playoff stats

Playoff leaders

Dan and V.O. have already decided to retire and have their sons in the next draft. Salt Bailly, Dr. Dwayne and Solius will be eligible to have their sons join the draft without retiring, due to being 35+ next season (can still retire if you prefer, or of course just keep your guy). Skizzo and Samid are a couple seasons away from that, but may retire early if they want.

altodevil

Never have I read a more beautiful series of posts on Murray field shitter

13/14 Season Review New

nimic

something nice
Scout
13/14 Season Review

Playoffs

Final regular season standings

Awards

Both Nobbers and sontodevil make the All-Defensive Teams in their rookie season, as well as the All-Rookie Team. Other familiar faces in the All-Defensive Teams are altodevil and hobbers as always, plus The Cub. For All-League we only have hobbers and P-Nut in the First Team, but BenitoSTARR, sontodevil and altodevil in the Second Team and reelworld II and Solius in the Third Team. Not bad for a bunch of pensioners and kids.

Kevin Durant is MVP again, and altodevil is DPOTY again. Dr. Dwayne is the 3rd Cafite to win Sixth Man of the Year, after (since retired) reelworld and sebsheep. I can reveal that Samid and SebJr finished 2nd and 3rd in voting for that award. sontodevil is the Rookie of the Year, so congrats to him!

Regular season stats

Statistical feats

League news

Dan
has retired!

V.O. has retired!

Future

In short, Houston will have the #1 pick in the upcoming draft. Sacramento owned the two best chances at #1 (from New Orleans and Oklahoma City), but they will have to settle for the 2nd and 4th pick. Ironically the pick that became #1 was their own pick.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Forgot the tags again!

@BenitoSTARR @Dan @Dr. Dwayne @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @Samid @Skizzo @Solius @Stobzilla @The Cat @V.O. @altodevil @hobbers @oneniltothearsenal @reelworld @sebsheep @weetee

Also to restate this: Dan and V.O. have already decided to retire and have their sons in the next draft. Salt Bailly, Dr. Dwayne and Solius will be eligible to have their sons join the draft without retiring, due to being 35+ next season (can still retire if you prefer, or of course just keep your guy). Skizzo and Samid are a couple seasons away from that, but may retire early if they want.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Also to restate this: Dan and V.O. have already decided to retire and have their sons in the next draft. Salt Bailly, Dr. Dwayne and Solius will be eligible to have their sons join the draft without retiring, due to being 35+ next season (can still retire if you prefer, or of course just keep your guy). Skizzo and Samid are a couple seasons away from that, but may retire early if they want.
Just been down to my basement to check on PepperBailly. Looks like he's ready.

2014 Draft and Free Agency New

nimic

something nice
Scout
2014 Draft and Free Agency

Draft

First round: @V.O. @Salt Bailly

Second Round: @Dan

Free Agency

@altodevil has re-signed with the Los Angeles Lakers for $14.63M/yr through 2019 (when he'll be 40)
@hobbers has re-signed with the Boston Celtics for ($17.95M/yr through 2019 (him too!)
@Samid has left the tragic Charlotte Bobcats and chosen to sign with the Minnesota Timberwolves for $1.49M/yr through 2016 - putting him joint 5th for most different teams in NBA history at 10.

Trades @P-Nut @Salt Bailly @reelworld @hobbers @Stobzilla @The Cat @BenitoSTARR @Skizzo

We've got a lot of trades, so hold on to your hats or whatever.

P-Nut didn't get to enjoy the thought of being in Sacramento with rookie Pepper Bailly, as he's immediately sentenced to go hang out with reelworld II in Milwaukee.

The Raptors signing another FC to hang out with Two Nil. One pick isn't a lot.

The Spurs have been busy. Nobbers can decide for himself if it was good busy or bad busy. The first one at least seems like a good deal for Salt Bailly's Pistons.

Boston still has Anthony Davis and John Henson (and more!) at Center, so this seems like a crazy good deal. Acie Law plays in the same position as hobbers and Skizzo, but we're talking about players about to turn 36 and 33 respectively.

Seems like a win-win for the Thunder (The Cub) and the Kings (Pepper Bailly) - at least in the short term.

I think this is the Knicks future-proofing a bit. They do have Stobzilla II in the Center position, so this might not hurt his and BenitoSTARR's chances of being good.

Up Next: Season Preview for 2014/2015

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Damn, managed to walk straight onto a playoff quality team with the first pick? That's a hell of a lot more luck than er, big V.O. ever had.

Also, godspeed to @Dan with his build of being an all time great at scoring without actually knowing what a basketball is. :lol:

altodevil

Lakers dynasty over, time to pad stats and chill.

Once I retire, sontodevil will be a Laker.

BenitoSTARR

Scout
Supports
⭐
Thinking one last season then introduce my son while I play one more with him in the league.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
feck me a -6 drop. I’ll get to work producing a son.

hobbers

Hobbers was 72,89 when he was 19. Apple doesn’t fall far

Nobbers gonna nobble Kevin durant

14/15 Season Preview - East New

nimic

something nice
Scout
14/15 Season Preview East

@hobbers @Skizzo @sebsheep @Dr. Dwayne @Salt Bailly @oneniltothearsenal @BenitoSTARR @Stobzilla @P-Nut @reelworld

This time I'm only including the squad down to 55 rating.

SebJr - Miami Heat (46-36, 1st Round)

Improvements for both SebJr himself and the Heat. They did quite well this year, so so logically you would expect them to do even better this year. It's a deep, young squad, so it might not be such a bad idea for SebJr to stay in Miami after his contract expires.

BenitoSTARR & Stobzilla II - New York Knicks (51-31, 1st Round)

Decline has truly come to New York. It's even taken Stobzilla II, who isn't even old. The Knicks have been up and down for a few years, but this is definitely going to be a down season. I'd be shocked if they can make the playoffs, even though BenitoSTARR is still quite good. Behind the two Cafites there's practically nothing.

hobbers & Skizzo - Boston Celtics (69-13, Runners-up)

hobbers has the slowest decline in the game. He's just gone down to 78 in rating, and he's turned 36. At this rate he'll be in the "superstar" category for another couple of seasons, and then in the "good player" category for a few more after that - if he doesn't retire. Skizzo, on the other hand, has well and truly left that category behind.

Salt Bailly - Detroit Pistons (24-58)

Salt Bailly is 37 years old. That's practically one foot in the grave. His ratings have acted accordingly, though he's still a serviceable player. His son is the future, but he's in the other conference.

Dr. Dwayne - Cleveland Cavaliers (48-34, 2nd Round)

Dr. Dwayne is our second 37-year old, and he too is feeling it in his bones. Most of the decline over the years has been physical, however, so he's still got the skills to make something happen for his Cavaliers.

Two Nil - Toronto Raptors (39-43)

Two Nil didn't have such a great start to the season, getting immediately sidelined for a few weeks. His Raptors only have pretty good players, but they've got a lot of them. Some of them are quite young as well, like Two Nil himself.

reelworld II & P-Nut - Milwaukee Bucks (37-45)

When you look at the top 3-4 players on the Bucks, you wonder why they aren't tipped to do better. The squad has the depth of a puddle, however. In fact, even if I had kept including players down to 50 overall rating, the screenshot would be no larger. The 6th best player on the team is a healthy 47 rating, and he's getting solid minutes. He also has a PER of -19.6. reelworld II and P-Nut are great players, who had great seasons last year, so now you know why you won't see them in the playoffs.

hobbers

Skizzo well into team mascot territory.

Feels like the powerbase from east to west has definitely shifted.